ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU Mizzou Basketball 2012 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=258449)

duncan_idaho 04-17-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 8548243)
Agree - Haith never had a "lull" at Miami. He just never got over the hump.

He didn't have to build the Mizzou program from scratch, he just had to keep the ship going and not fuck up. He obviously did much better than that, and now he has tons of recruiting momentum and can sell a winning program, passionate fanbase, great facilities, new conference, etc. He never had much to sell at Miami.

It sure seems like other fanbases are a lot more concerned about Haith going forward than Mizzou fans are. Personally, from the improvement I saw in our players, the intelligent set plays, the calculated substitutions and timeouts, and the recruiting momentum we have now, I have very little doubt about Haith's ability at this point.

Well put.

One thing that I think was a limiting factor at Miami, too...the overall coaching budget. He's able to attract and retain MUCH better assistants at Missouri than in Miami.

Look at a guy like Tim Fuller. He was the No. 2 assistant at Louisville, and Missouri was able to lure him away.

Having an excellent staff is critical to success.

Pitt Gorilla 04-17-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 8548243)
Agree - Haith never had a "lull" at Miami. He just never got over the hump.

He didn't have to build the Mizzou program from scratch, he just had to keep the ship going and not fuck up. He obviously did much better than that, and now he has tons of recruiting momentum and can sell a winning program, passionate fanbase, great facilities, new conference, etc. He never had much to sell at Miami.

It sure seems like other fanbases are a lot more concerned about Haith going forward than Mizzou fans are. Personally, from the improvement I saw in our players, the intelligent set plays, the calculated substitutions and timeouts, and the recruiting momentum we have now, I have very little doubt about Haith's ability at this point.

Anderson left the "ship" in decent condition for this year, but his recruiting last year (or lack thereof) put Haith into an incredible bind when he stepped on campus. Without landing the transfers that we did, our scholarship situation would have been incredibly screwed up. Of course, if Anderson had worked at all on the recruiting trail, things likely wouldn't have been as difficult. Porter, Beal, and just about anyone else would have helped, although Beal would have been gone next year anyway.

duncan_idaho 04-17-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevo_410 (Post 8548249)
my guess,

PG - Pressey (25 mins) /Dixon (15 mins)
SG - Bell (20 mins) /Brown (12 mins) / Dixon (8 mins)
SF - Ross (25 mins) /Brown (10 mins) /Webster-Chan (5 mins)
PF - Bowers (20 mins) /Criswell (14 mins) /Jankovic (6 mins)
C - Oriakhi (28 mins) / Bowers (7 mins) / Criswell (5 mins)

Bull/Rosberg Redshirted

Not bad, but you seem to have Dixon coming off the bench, which isn't going to happen. Too few minutes for Pressey, as well. I have a hard time seeing NWC get much playing time, at all, next season. Just too many bodies in front of him. The only way he plays much is if Missouri goes to a 4-guard look with any consistency.

PG - Pressey (32 mins)/Dixon (8 mins)
SG - Dixon (24 mins)/Bell (12 mins)/Brown (4 mins)
SF - Ross (22 mins)/Brown (10 mins)/Bell (8 mins)
PF - Bowers (26 mins)/Ross(6 mins)/Jankovic (8 mins)
C - Oriakhi (30 mins)/Criswell (10 mins)

Totals:
Pressey - 32 (probably will be more, honestly)
Dixon - 32
Ross -28
Bowers - 26
Oriakhi - 30
Bell - 20
Brown - 14
Jankovic - 8
Criswell - 10

Looking at that, it honestly wouldn't surprise me if we see more of the small lineup than in my projection. Would much rather get an extra 4 minutes or so a game for Bell and Brown than for Jankovic or Criswell.

Saul Good 04-17-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 8548331)
Not bad, but you seem to have Dixon coming off the bench, which isn't going to happen. Too few minutes for Pressey, as well. I have a hard time seeing NWC get much playing time, at all, next season. Just too many bodies in front of him. The only way he plays much is if Missouri goes to a 4-guard look with any consistency.

PG - Pressey (32 mins)/Dixon (8 mins)
SG - Dixon (24 mins)/Bell (12 mins)/Brown (4 mins)
SF - Ross (22 mins)/Brown (10 mins)/Bell (8 mins)
PF - Bowers (26 mins)/Ross(6 mins)/Jankovic (8 mins)
C - Oriakhi (30 mins)/Criswell (10 mins)

Totals:
Pressey - 32 (probably will be more, honestly)
Dixon - 32
Ross -28
Bowers - 26
Oriakhi - 30
Bell - 20
Brown - 14
Jankovic - 8
Criswell - 10

Looking at that, it honestly wouldn't surprise me if we see more of the small lineup than in my projection. Would much rather get an extra 4 minutes or so a game for Bell and Brown than for Jankovic or Criswell.

Agreed. Don't see Jank nor Criswell getting that many minutes. Cut those in half and add the 9 minutes to Brown, and I'm with you.

Saulbadguy 04-17-2012 01:56 PM

Bruce Weber is working with Mizzou to have a non-conference game in Kansas City.

Saul Good 04-17-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8548704)
Bruce Weber is working with Mizzou to have a non-conference game in Kansas City.

That would be cool.

Pitt Gorilla 04-17-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

That works for me. We've played against Weber at Illinois for years so it's nice that he wants to set up a game.

Codered 04-17-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Props to a coach not folding to the Big 12's pressure on not playing Missouri.

kchero 04-17-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

That would be pretty cool! Props to Weber and KState if that goes down.

DeezNutz 04-17-2012 02:33 PM

Great. I believe I mentioned this possibility when Frank was still running things, but this would be good for both schools.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-17-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

But, but, but, but, but, but, but, but, but.../KU fan

DJ's left nut 04-17-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8548969)

Now now, you know better than that.

"KSU needs to play that game for the sake of their program; KU is simply way above that kind of slag non-conference opponent."

It gives them a chance to knock both of the fanbases that would just as soon see Lawrence burn to the ground. It really sets up nicely for them.

(Though I'm not sure exactly how they'd work 'SUPERBOWL!!' into it)

Bambi 04-17-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8548969)

Why are you bringing up KU?

KU will most likely be busy playing Kentucky, Michigan St, and Duke over the next few years in the non-con.

I'm not sure KSU has any games like that setup. It would be a good move for them to schedule MU. Should be fun for those schools.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-17-2012 03:22 PM

Excellent call DJ. Bait taken already ROFL

DJ's left nut 04-17-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8549042)
Why are you bringing up KU?

KU will most likely be busy playing Kentucky, Michigan St, and Duke over the next few years in the non-con.

I'm not sure KSU has any games like that setup. It would be a good move for them to schedule MU. Should be fun for those schools.

SUPERBOWL!

Beakers, man. The most predictable lot they've made to date.