ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   NFL Combine thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270242)

htismaqe 02-23-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9428357)
Mayock just doubled down on his Warmack argument.

Ugh...this is just dumb.

I had to stop watching. I'll watch again when the QBs are on.

DaneMcCloud 02-23-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9428341)
I wondered if anyone else noticed that. They were also letting them 'bounce' the bar by rebounding it off their chests.

They were letting guys get away with absolute shit form, and this is from someone that knows nothing more about lifting than what I was tough 15 years ago by a HS football coach.

Form was extremely important during my junior high and high school days, and it's something that's important when lifting today.

It was crazy when I went off to college and saw all these guys "squat" 315, yet their form was complete shit: They were using their backs, not breaking 90, etc. And the guys that bounced the bar off their chests and used their legs were even more abundant.

All that said, I'm really shocked that the NFL allowed those lifts. They would not have counted at my high school so it's shocking it's allowed at the Combines.

DaneMcCloud 02-23-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9428359)
I had to stop watching. I'll watch again when the QBs are on.

Some of the TE's were impressive. I don't know if any of the better TE's will be around with the #34 (Ertz and Eifert) but if so, I hope that Reid and Dorsey think long and hard about both (or either).

DJ's left nut 02-23-2013 01:16 PM

Eifert looked damn good. Not only were the results strong, but he made it look easy. The shadow-cam of him and Ertz both running the 40 was interesting, Eifert looked like he was cruising as he was pulling away while Ertz appeared to be struggling for the time. It just made Eifert look like a much more natural athlete.

I think he locked up a pick in the early 20s. Ertz looked solid, but I don't think he's a 'value' pick at 34 so I'd probably go with a DB still at that pick.

SAUTO 02-23-2013 01:16 PM

Teo looks incredibly small
Posted via Mobile Device

The Franchise 02-23-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9428401)
Eifert looked damn good. Not only were the results strong, but he made it look easy. The shadow-cam of him and Ertz both running the 40 was interesting, Eifert looked like he was cruising as he was pulling away while Ertz appeared to be struggling for the time. It just made Eifert look like a much more natural athlete.

I think he locked up a pick in the early 20s. Ertz looked solid, but I don't think he's a 'value' pick at 34 so I'd probably go with a DB still at that pick.

The Giants will probably take3 Eifert in the 1st.

DJ's left nut 02-23-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9428408)
The Giants will probably take3 Eifert in the 1st.

He'd be a very good pick for them. With the space that Cruz and Nicks are able to create underneath, Eifert could do a ton of damage for them. And he's capable of playing a complete TE, not just the Aaron Hernandez sort. He's not a great blocker by any means, but a credible enough one.

DJ's left nut 02-23-2013 01:51 PM

Eifert just had a chance to make a hell of a snag but couldn't quite pull it in on a corner route.

The QBs are missing this throw like crazy. I know Bray is one of the throwers, as was Vandenberg. In either event, the TEs didn't get many chances to show their form.

htismaqe 02-23-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9428381)
Some of the TE's were impressive. I don't know if any of the better TE's will be around with the #34 (Ertz and Eifert) but if so, I hope that Reid and Dorsey think long and hard about both (or either).

I really, REALLY like Tyler Eifert but I think he'll end up going in the mid 20's.

htismaqe 02-23-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9428498)
Eifert just had a chance to make a hell of a snag but couldn't quite pull it in on a corner route.

The QBs are missing this throw like crazy. I know Bray is one of the throwers, as was Vandenberg. In either event, the TEs didn't get many chances to show their form.

Vandenberg is pretty bad.

Deberg_1990 02-23-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9428040)
Why am I sitting here watching OL run 40s?

Why does it even matter how fast an O lineman can sprint?

DaneMcCloud 02-23-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9428532)
Why does it even matter how fast an O lineman can sprint?

Explosion and down field blocking. But ultimately, it's just another measurable.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 02-23-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9428341)
I wondered if anyone else noticed that. They were also letting them 'bounce' the bar by rebounding it off their chests.

They were letting guys get away with absolute shit form, and this is from someone that knows nothing more about lifting than what I was taught 15 years ago by a HS football coach.

I have no idea why they haven't moved to 315 or something

BigCatDaddy 02-23-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides. (Post 9428583)
I have no idea why they haven't moved to 315 or something

For lineman and backers that's not a bad idea.

DJ's left nut 02-23-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9428622)
For lineman and backers that's not a bad idea.

Eh, I disagree. Lower weights are more projectable and frankly, they're a hell of a lot safer. And they create more separation.

I like 225, they just need to make sure these guys aren't cheating their weight up.