ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Pastor refuses to tip "I give GOD 10% why do you get 18%" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269489)

QuikSsurfer 01-30-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 9364548)
If you have to afford being tipped to make a living, you can't afford working as a waiter. Is 20% the new 10%? I always tip around 15% and I thought it was higher than most. Still, I think tipping is stupid. I think of all the times I have tipped in my life and think back on if I never tipped in my entire life how much better it would be and how much more money I would have.

:spock:

And yes, 20% is the new 15%. I start at 20% and go up or down depending on the service.

Lono 01-30-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9364530)
They probably groan and curse every time they see you enter with your 40 little heathen brats.

Actually, they offered us a better price than normal and I was complimented multiple times on how well behaved of a group I had. Even had another customer stop at my table to compliment them. I'm fortunate to have some well behaved "heathens".

Reaper16 01-30-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

If you have to afford being tipped to make a living, you can't afford working as a waiter. Is 20% the new 10%? I always tip around 15% and I thought it was higher than most. Still, I think tipping is stupid. I think of all the times I have tipped in my life and think back on if I never tipped in my entire life how much better it would be and how much more money I would have.

You're insufferable.

FlaChief58 01-30-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

If it were not for servers, you would'nt be able to take your spouse out to a fancy restaurant to wine & dine her. You'd be in line at McDonalds

Lono 01-30-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas (Post 9364532)
where at pizza hut?

It was actually a Chinese place.

QuikSsurfer 01-30-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas (Post 9364558)
I had dinner at Prime in the Bellagio. Food was excellent and the dinner experience was classy and relaxing. I tipped 20% which came out to $300 and everyone shit a brick. I remind them how their dinner experience was compared to other places and they'd come back in a heart beat. I remind them that this tip assures their service stays consistent for future visits. Hell when I went back we got a complimentary bottle of wine and a great spot in the restaurant to view the strip. They remember those that tip well.

They absolutely do.

keg in kc 01-30-2013 11:44 AM

Maybe he should tip god more, instead of tipping servers less.

Dayze 01-30-2013 11:45 AM

if our waiter/waitress is friendly, helpful, refills our drinks w/out asking, or chips/bread (as applicable); our food comes out correct; he/she stops by 1 or 2 times etc.

we'll usually give 30%; and on our way out (or before we leave) ask to see the manager and let them know that he/she is doing a great job.

it's funny to see the waiter/waitresses reaction when we ask to see their manager (if we decide to). They usually come back blushing etc; and you can tell they appreciate it.

god knows I couldn't do it; putting up with assholes like Pastor ****face.

Swanman 01-30-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

You can stop tipping when waiters get paid a living wage instead of $3 an hour.

loochy 01-30-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 9364577)

No, you can stop tipping whenever you want.

Just like the waiters can work somewhere that pays a steady normal wage.

Disclaimer: I don't support not tipping, but I support one's right to not tip.

FlaChief58 01-30-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 9364577)

Of course that wage will be reflected in the bill. It's a wash so, just tip the people

Swanman 01-30-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9364582)
No, you can stop tipping whenever you want.

Just like the waiters can work somewhere that pays a steady normal wage.

Disclaimer: I don't support not tipping, but I support one's right to not tip.

Then you can serve yourself next time you go to a restaurant. See how that works?

mr. tegu 01-30-2013 11:49 AM

Often times when I go out to eat I think about how that person serving us may be having a bad day, they got yelled at, relationship trouble, etc. yet they still have to put on a smile and be friendly with a bunch of strangers he/she may never see again. I could not do that.

I tip good and even with bad service I don't tip bad, especially if I have reason to believe something may not be the server's fault. The lowest I will usually go is near 10%.

loochy 01-30-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 9364587)
Then you can serve yourself next time you go to a restaurant. See how that works?

Ok, I wouldn't mind that. Then I can get food and water when I want it instead of waiting or flagging someone down.

Swanman 01-30-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 9364586)
Of course that wage will be reflected in the bill. It's a wash so, just tip the people

Yes, you pay one way or the other. If you refuse to tip a normal amount, you are just screwing over the help financially.