ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Washington DC and The Holy Land (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Legal The Atlantic: "Reckoning with Bill Clinton's Sex Crimes" (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=311522)

Prison Bitch 11-14-2017 12:21 PM

The Atlantic: "Reckoning with Bill Clinton's Sex Crimes"

UH-OH! Liberal publication is now making my point. CP dooshbags, ready to pull out "whataboutism!!!!" on The Atlantic???

Bill Clinton: A Reckoning
Feminists saved the 42nd president of the United States in the 1990s. They were on the wrong side of history; is it finally time to make things right?

Caitlin FlanaganNov 13, 2017

https://cdn.theatlantic.com/assets/m...jpg?1510592963

Yet let us not forget the sex crimes of which the younger, stronger Bill Clinton was very credibly accused in the 1990s. Juanita Broaddrick reported that when she was a volunteer on one of his gubernatorial campaigns, she had arranged to meet him in a hotel coffee shop. At the last minute, he had changed the location to her room in the hotel, where she says he very violently raped her. She said that she fought against Clinton throughout a rape that left her bloodied. At a different Arkansas hotel, he caught sight of a minor state employee named Paula Jones, and, Jones said, he sent a couple of state troopers to invite her to his suite, where he exposed his penis to her and told her to kiss it. Kathleen Willey said that she met him in the Oval Office for personal and professional advice and that he groped her, rubbed his erect penis on her, and pushed her hand to his crotch.

It was a pattern of behavior; it included an alleged violent assault; the women involved had far more credible evidence than many of the most notorious accusations that have come to light in the past five weeks. But Clinton was not left to the swift and pitiless justice that today’s accused men have experienced. Rather, he was rescued by a surprising force: machine feminism

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertai...crimes/545729/

NinerDoug 11-14-2017 12:29 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I hadn't heard that Bill Clinton is running for office.

Eleazar 11-14-2017 12:30 PM

It's only "whataboutism" if you are using the past misdeeds of someone on the other side as an excuse to ignore the same behavior from your side.

The Atlantic is not doing that. Rather, it's acknowledging that Bill's defenders were in the wrong the entire time in their excusing his behavior and demonizing his accusers.

Loneiguana 11-14-2017 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 13216463)
It's only "whataboutism" if you are using the past misdeeds of someone on the other side as an excuse to ignore the same behavior from your side.

The Atlantic is not doing that. Rather, it's acknowledging that Bill's defenders were in the wrong the entire time in their excusing his behavior and demonizing his accusers.

I was just going to post this. PB, you still don't know what whataboutism means.

Another giant fail by PB.

/guess I won't vote for that Clinton guy

Detoxing 11-14-2017 12:34 PM

Juanita is a shameless lying skank. What a slut. With a name like Juanita, she's an illegal who shouldn't be in this country.

If she doesn't like being raped, maybe she should deport herself.

This is just another Republican hit piece....just look at the timing...trying to deflect from their child rapist.

Sounds like a CIA smear campaign, honestly. Deep state is at it again.

(Did i cover all my bases?)

Prison Bitch 11-14-2017 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinerDoug (Post 13216460)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I hadn't heard that Bill Clinton is running for office.

What do you think about her points?

stumppy 11-14-2017 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 13216471)
Juanita is a shameless lying skank. What a slut. With a name like Juanita, she's an illegal who shouldn't be in this country.

If she doesn't like being raped, maybe she should deport herself.

This is just another Republican hit piece....just look at the timing...trying to deflect from their child rapist.

Sounds like a CIA smear campaign, honestly. Deep state is at it again.

(Did i cover all my bases?)

You forgot Pizza.

AMDChief 11-14-2017 12:37 PM

Well that settles it. I'm not voting for him. :rolleyes:

FWIW I believe many of the women who have accused Bill - Juanita Broaddrick isn't one of them.

Detoxing 11-14-2017 12:38 PM

Oh and uh, i don't care if he did rape all those women. Still better than voting for a Republican.

Matter of fact, i'm sending a $100 to his rape fund.

This is a non-story. Fake News.

BucEyedPea 11-14-2017 12:39 PM

Quote:

So they're a day late and a dollar short now that they want their accusations to bear fruit. LMAO so transparent.

New World Order 11-14-2017 12:41 PM

Quote:

Why doesn't it mention Hillary trying to intimidate and silence Bill's rape victims?

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-14-2017 12:43 PM

I think it is perfectly fair to examine Clinton's misdeeds in greater detail. I also believe it is inaccurate to use the claims of an avowed anti-feminist like Caitlin Flanagan as gospel on what feminists believe, or to situate her as indicative of the Atlantic's political lean overall, but no one really checks their sources around here, so I'm not surprised.

Prison Bitch 11-14-2017 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 13216484)
I think it is perfectly fair to examine Clinton's misdeeds in greater detail. I also believe it is inaccurate to use the claims of an avowed anti-feminist like Caitlin Flanagan as gospel on what feminists believe, or to situate her as indicative of the Atlantic's political lean overall, but no one really checks their sources around here, so I'm not surprised.

Will Chris Hayes suffice?

As gross and cynical and hypocrtical as the right's "what about Bill Clinton" stuff is, it's also true that Democrats and the center left are overdue for a real reckoning with the allegations against him.

— Chris Hayes (@chrislhayes) November 10, 2017

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-14-2017 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 13216488)
Will Chris Hayes suffice?

As gross and cynical and hypocrtical as the right's "what about Bill Clinton" stuff is, it's also true that Democrats and the center left are overdue for a real reckoning with the allegations against him.

— Chris Hayes (@chrislhayes) November 10, 2017

Yes. Hence the first sentence of my prior post.

Hammock Parties 11-14-2017 12:48 PM

So the democrats and the liberal media are now shitting on the Clintons wantonly.

The shoes are definitely about drop. With a giant BOOM.