ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2013-2014 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271595)

Mr. Plow 04-03-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9553334)
Exactly.

I'm optimistic more often than not, but there's no way we land Wiggins.

I won't be upset if we don't.

Recruiting is an obnoxious thing to try to follow.

Chiefs Pantalones 04-03-2013 01:25 PM

@NextCats: Florida signee Chris Walker has been hanging out with Wiggins a lot this week. When asked to guess, his prediction was Kansas.

Chiefs Pantalones 04-03-2013 01:26 PM

@HoopsGlory: Not trying to get #Kansas' fans up because I think it's still anybody's guess but Wiggins and Kansas are picking up some momentum.

Chief_For_Life58 04-03-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9553741)
@NextCats: Florida signee Chris Walker has been hanging out with Wiggins a lot this week. When asked to guess, his prediction was Kansas.

ohhhh snap ni##a !!!

saphojunkie 04-03-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

I know I'm jaded, but all I see is Calipari trying to drum up more intrigue so he can beat KU in a recruiting war again.

To me, every top prospect is UK bound until they sign a LOI with someone else. And even then, I'd like to see them on the court before I count anything out.

Bambi 04-03-2013 01:36 PM

Matt Jones ‏@KySportsRadio 2 Apr

Had a person who I trust tell me today "people shouldn't discount Andrew Wiggins going to Kansas. They are a strong contender"

Chiefs Pantalones 04-03-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9553762)
I know I'm jaded, but all I see is Calipari trying to drum up more intrigue so he can beat KU in a recruiting war again.

To me, every top prospect is UK bound until they sign a LOI with someone else. And even then, I'd like to see them on the court before I count anything out.

I agree. I think Cal floats this crap out on purpose because he knows the dumb kid he's about to sign loves the attention that comes with it.

Ceej 04-03-2013 01:48 PM

Am I missing something?

Has ChiefsandOsfan suddenly become a Chiefs fan?

I really can't stand all of these tweets.

Silock 04-03-2013 02:45 PM

Rio is gone because he has a bad attitude, I think. Which sucks, because I think he would have been a terrific on-ball defender for us, with the ability to knock down some shots.

Self just doesn't tolerate a "me-first" attitude, which Rio couldn't seem to let go of.

Buehler445 04-03-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9554093)
Rio is gone because he has a bad attitude, I think. Which sucks, because I think he would have been a terrific on-ball defender for us, with the ability to knock down some shots.

Self just doesn't tolerate a "me-first" attitude, which Rio couldn't seem to let go of.

Yeah. I was kind of excited about him after he gets some experience. I'm DEFINITELY going to miss his sideline antics.

sedated 04-03-2013 03:47 PM

Everyone said Randle was in the bag as a KU-commit. I don't buy shit until the LOI is signed.

And f**k twatter, who knows who any of these people are, why would anyone trust a thing they say?

Chiefs Pantalones 04-03-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 9554308)
Everyone said Randle was in the bag as a KU-commit. I don't buy shit until the LOI is signed.

And f**k twatter, who knows who any of these people are, why would anyone trust a thing they say?

Actually Randle was UK the whole time. There were signs but not a lot of people realized them until he officially picked and then went back and looked. Wiggins is a bit more in the dark. I'm not saying he's gonna be a Jayhawk but yeah.

farmerchief 04-03-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

I'm a born and raised Jayhawk fan(although my sons went to K-State?), anyway, it would be great to get him. But, if not a Jayhawk, wouldn't it be neat for him to throw everybody off and sign with Wichita State to play with brother Nick?:clap:

ChiefMojo 04-03-2013 04:47 PM

If Wiggins doesn't go to KU, I would prefer he went to WSU over UK!

Chief_For_Life58 04-03-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farmerchief (Post 9554444)
I'm a born and raised Jayhawk fan(although my sons went to K-State?), anyway, it would be great to get him. But, if not a Jayhawk, wouldn't it be neat for him to throw everybody off and sign with Wichita State to play with brother Nick?:clap:

thatd be awesome