ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Star Wars: Rebels (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273208)

keg in kc 02-19-2017 02:19 PM

Legacy of Mandalore was okay. Not quite up to Trials of the Darksaber. Wasn't prepared for Sabine's choice at the end.

I wonder what the deal with her father is. Who and what he is. The possibility of her mother not really being her mother still exists, but they seemed to share the same basic ethnic features.

The fight was cool. Felt like maybe it should've been a two-parter, though.

keg in kc 02-26-2017 10:45 AM

Cool episode.

Thrawn at the end...

Tribal Warfare 02-26-2017 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 12757447)
Cool episode.

Thrawn at the end...

They are channeling Lawrence Olivier's Zell with his depiction.

kcfanXIII 02-28-2017 12:11 PM

Thrawn is becoming one of my favorite villains in the entire Star Wars universe.

Spoiler!

I had been watching this on the Kodi app, but last night I watched the latest episode on my DVR, and I'm kind of glad I did. Caught a preview for next week, and it looks like we'll get the Obi Wan vs Maul face off. This show is getting better and less "childish" as it goes along.

Hammock Parties 03-03-2017 12:01 PM

Thrawn realizing who fulcrum is and not outing him at the end was just pure genius.

One of the best episodes. I was thoroughly on edge throughout because I didn't know how they were going to escape from that situation.

Also I love the organ music that plays when Thrawn is on screen at times. Perfect fit.

kcfanXIII 03-03-2017 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spider2YBanana (Post 12766670)
Thrawn realizing who fulcrum is and not outing him at the end was just pure genius.

One of the best episodes. I was thoroughly on edge throughout because I didn't know how they were going to escape from that situation.

Also I love the organ music that plays when Thrawn is on screen at times. Perfect fit.

Yes, its the perfect score for him. Fits his demeanor.

keg in kc 03-03-2017 03:59 PM

Season 4 announced today, premiering this fall.

Pretty stoked since I thought it was ending this season...

Red Brooklyn 03-03-2017 04:09 PM

Not surprised. They "shot" S4 a while back. Most of that has been in the can for a while. The question, for me, has been will there be a S5. S4 wasn't in doubt.

Bowser 03-19-2017 04:12 PM

Well. That was......brief.

Spoiler!

Frazod 03-19-2017 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12789800)
Well. That was......brief.

Spoiler!

It was pretty cool, though.

Spoiler!

Bowser 03-19-2017 04:22 PM

Ha! Perfect....

keg in kc 03-20-2017 05:30 PM

My initial reaction to the duel was 'that's it?'. But then the final shot with Ben watching over Luke happened and then I think I realized what they were trying to do. It's all about Kenobi's sacrifice on the death star. He's a master, clearly strong with the force (something that's never really shown in detail in A New Hope, at least as far as combat), so strong that he can defeat Maul - a dangerous opponent, as we've seen - in an instant. Ben knows the future, knows his role, chooses to stay and play his part instead of helping the Alliance. Chooses to stay with Luke, follow a path that ends with him laying down his lightsaber before Vader, instead of fighting him. Which this moment on Rebels tells us that he surely can. It makes his sacrifice all the more poignant.

So while the kid in me was like 'nooo, Maul went down like a bitch, wtf was that', I see another side of it.

duncan_idaho 03-21-2017 11:36 AM

I'll need out for a moment, too. In the novelization of Revenge of the Sith - written by the excellent Matthew Stover - Dooku's internal monologue during the duel with Skywalker and Kenobi reveals he is impressed with Kenobi's mastery for Form III - IIRC, he muses Kenobi is the best Form III practitioner he has seen.

Now, Dooku is a sword master/duelist. Renowned for it. So that's no small statement.

Form III is a defense and counter form. It's all about making as little movement as necessary/possible, and countering swiftly and decisively when given the opportunity.

What better to show Kenobi's growth as a duelist AND practitioner of Form III than to have him rematch with Maul, 20 years past his physical peak, and handle everything in one pass?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

keg in kc 03-21-2017 02:02 PM

I didn't realize Saturday was the finale.

This looks badass...

<iframe width="513" height="313" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rvFKh0Uo5rY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hammock Parties 03-21-2017 06:24 PM

At first I didn't like the duel at all but after thinking about it I think it was definitely the best way to go....watch it in slow motion and it looks so precise....kinda wish they had done it in slow mo to be honest.

Also they nailed Guinness' voice and attitude.