ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The "IF no QB with the 1st pick" poll (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269836)

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-13-2013 12:45 AM

Players who are a year off the board have exactly WHAT bearing on April 2013?
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorter 02-13-2013 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9398828)
Daniel Jeremiah is a moron, but Geno Smith is worth the #1 pick.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me...djjno1_400.gif

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-13-2013 12:50 AM

Ive hated this wretched thread since its inception, and today's postings have done exactly jack AND shit in changing my opinion.
Posted via Mobile Device

htismaqe 02-13-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9398846)
You're right: I don't.

You know why? Because I've learned over the years that no matter what you think or Mecca believes or Hamas or myself, NONE of us have control over their pick. And personally, I'm OVER harassing and attempting to humiliate others with a different opinion, especially PRE-DRAFT.

Now, if you or anyone else wants to voice their opinion POST-DRAFT, I get it.

But for ****'s Sake, we're 10 weeks away and the Combine doesn't begin for another 10+ days. So all this huffing and puffing about guys that haven't done ****ing DICK is annoying.

Dude, we have the #1 overall pick.

It's an unprecedented opportunity to do what this franchise has NEEDED TO DO FOR THIRTY YEARS.

You picked the wrong time to suddenly be all "rational".

milkman 02-13-2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9398775)
Search him in this thread. He said he'd take Smith over ANY QB this CENTURY other than Luck.

I mean, come on. Really?

There's a lot to like about Geno, and I can almost understand sac's take.

The big problem here is that everyone is measuring this class against last year.

There are only a handful of QBs in the last 10 or 12 years that I like better than Geno as prospects.

And because of durability concerns, and because I do believe that Geno is more polished passer at this stage, I do like Geno better than RGIII.

That said, Geno would have been the 3rd QB off the board last year.

If he would have been taken 8th last year, then heis absolutely worth #1 this year.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-13-2013 08:44 AM

Exactly. He's certainly a better prospect than Tannehil, Locker, Gabbert, and others taken early in drafts.

How the hell does that make him a 2nd every other year? I don't get it. The "no Luck" hyperbole is an absolute ****ing joke. Seriously, NONE of the other guys taken were "Luck". Flacco wasn't Luck. Ryan wasn't Luck. Dalton wasn't Luck...and on and on and on.

htismaqe 02-13-2013 08:58 AM

How many QB prospects since 2000 actually WERE better than Geno, outside of Luck?

Let's throw in RG3 and Stafford.

Geno is a better prospect than Matt Ryan. He's a better prospect than Mark Sanchez.
He's a better prospect than Sam Bradford.

Upon further examination, the idea that Geno is better prospect than any other QB this century not named Luck isn't all that far-fetched.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-13-2013 09:01 AM

Not many had the accuracy, deep ball, work ethic AND experience. That's for sure. He passes all the criteria that successful QB's generally had.

RealSNR 02-13-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9399116)
How many QB prospects since 2000 actually WERE better than Geno, outside of Luck?

Let's throw in RG3 and Stafford.

Geno is a better prospect than Matt Ryan. He's a better prospect than Mark Sanchez.
He's a better prospect than Sam Bradford.

Upon further examination, the idea that Geno is better prospect than any other QB this century not named Luck isn't all that far-fetched.

Don't forget Cam Newton.

One year of starting experience in college.
Gimmick playbook.
Awkward delivery, only adequate accuracy

These so-called draft experts from ESPN are acting like Cam was this QB that all teams should want to draft at #1 overall if they had the opportunity, but it wasn't like that at all. The Panthers were doing what a lot of teams said they shouldn't by picking Cam. Thankfully, the Panthers took him anyway, and appear to have been right. The Chiefs owe a lot to the Panthers and Redskins for making bold moves and being right when it comes to the draft's top QBs.

And the ESPN tards have the nerve to say GENO SMITH isn't worth the #1? No, not even that. He's not worth a FIRST ROUND PICK.

That is the kind of logic that drives me ****ing batty, and a reason why I get so heated up when I see it in mock drafts. I don't care if it's some douchebag with a blog in his mom's basement. It's flat-out ****ing wrong, and it needs to stop.

htismaqe 02-13-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9399152)
Don't forget Cam Newton.

One year of starting experience in college.
Gimmick playbook.
Awkward delivery, only adequate accuracy

These so-called draft experts from ESPN are acting like Cam was this QB that all teams should want to draft at #1 overall if they had the opportunity, but it wasn't like that at all. The Panthers were doing what a lot of teams said they shouldn't by picking Cam. Thankfully, the Panthers took him anyway, and appear to have been right. The Chiefs owe a lot to the Panthers and Redskins for making bold moves and being right when it comes to the draft's top QBs.

And the ESPN tards have the nerve to say GENO SMITH isn't worth the #1? No, not even that. He's not worth a FIRST ROUND PICK.

That is the kind of logic that drives me ****ing batty, and a reason why I get so heated up when I see it in mock drafts. I don't care if it's some douchebag with a blog in his mom's basement. It's flat-out ****ing wrong, and it needs to stop.

I didn't mention Cam Newton because for me, it's not debatable.

Geno absolutely is a better prospect than Cam Newton.

Hammock Parties 02-13-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9399116)
Geno is a better prospect than Matt Ryan.

I think this is highly debatable simply based on level of competition and the systems they played in.

It's not hard to separate Geno from guys like Sanchez. It gets muddled when you bring guys like Matt Ryan and Jay Cutler into it. Maybe if he had played in a pro-style, under-center offense his whole college career you could elevate him. But he didn't, so...you know.

htismaqe 02-13-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9399170)
I think this is highly debatable simply based on level of competition and the systems they played in.

It's not hard to separate Geno from guys like Sanchez. It gets muddled when you bring guys like Matt Ryan and Jay Cutler into it. Maybe if he had played in a pro-style, under-center offense his whole college career you could elevate him. But he didn't, so...you know.

I said when Matt Ryan came out he was a glorified game manager and guess what? 5 years in and he's EXACTLY THAT.

Geno is a FAR superior prospect to Ryan. Whether or not he becomes a better NFL QB remains to be seen but he better be because Ryan is completely MEH.

And I'm not talking about Jay Cutler. He's a loser.

Hammock Parties 02-13-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9399178)
I said when Matt Ryan came out he was a glorified game manager and guess what? 5 years in and he's EXACTLY THAT.

Who set franchise passing records?

If Geno is as good as Matt Ryan I will be his biggest fan, because I love Matt Ryan.

But at this point you really can't say for sure that Geno can make the transition to playing under center full time. There are lots of similar prospects who couldn't do it.

I place Geno between Blaine Gabbert and Matt Ryan as a prospect. That's all I'm willing to do. That's more than enough for him to go #1 this year, so who cares?

htismaqe 02-13-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9399181)
Who set franchise passing records?

If Geno is as good as Matt Ryan I will be his biggest fan, because I love Matt Ryan.

Who has one of the deepest receiving corps in recent NFL history and a top 10 running game for almost all of his career?

The dude might as well be Chris Chandler.

htismaqe 02-13-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

But at this point you really can't say for sure that Geno can make the transition to playing under center full time. There are lots of similar prospects who couldn't do it.

That's why he's still a PROSPECT.

Quote:

I place Geno between Blaine Gabbert and Matt Ryan as a prospect. That's all I'm willing to do. That's more than enough for him to go #1 this year, so who cares?

Blaine Gabbert?

ROFL ROFL ROFL