ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The "IF no QB with the 1st pick" poll (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269836)

milkman 02-10-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9391836)
BINGO.

And coaching.

I agree with the coaching part, to an extent.

But Jim Harbaugh is a better coach than John, IMO.

The difference in that SB was the fact that Joe Flacco had a transcendant game.

Spott 02-10-2013 03:36 PM

If it's not a QB, it doesn't matter. If they get some retread backup from another team to start, then Reid is just a fatter, burned out version of Marty.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-10-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9391822)
LMAO

You're talking about a team that has failed to win a PLAYOFF game in 20 years, yet making Super Bowl will be as easy as taking a QB #1 overall in a year when the best prospect would be a bottom first if not a second on most years, is the answer.

Again, the ****ing hyperbole is highest it's been in the history of Chiefsplanet.

That's bullshit hyperbole Dane

DaneMcCloud 02-10-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9391869)
That's bullshit hyperbole Dane

No, it's not.

The Combines haven't even taken place yet in the minds of many CPers, Smith is a Super Bowl QB that's unquestionably the number overall choice.

Yet, outside of this forum, he's viewed by many as a second rounder, a guy with questionable leadeship skills and for certain, he's no where near the consensus number one pick.

Now, that's not to say that he won't become those things, but similar things were said about Jimmy Clausen a few years back, yet he fell to the second round and has sucked ass in the NFL.

DaneMcCloud 02-10-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 9391867)
If it's not a QB, it doesn't matter. If they get some retread backup from another team to start, then Reid is just a fatter, burned out version of Marty.

Or maybe, just maybe, he doesn't like him to lead his team.

Regardless, it's stupid to state that Reid is a failure neary three full months before the draft and 8 months before he's coached his first game.

Hammock Parties 02-10-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9391882)
Yet, outside of this forum, he's viewed by many as a second rounder, a guy with questionable leadeship skills and for certain, he's no where near the consensus number one pick.

And NFL Network just mocked him #1 yesterday.

You're leaning a bit too far over the "Chiefsplanet is the only place Geno is highly regarded" fence.

Coogs 02-10-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9391882)
No, it's not.

The Combines haven't even taken place yet in the minds of many CPers, Smith is a Super Bowl QB that's unquestionably the number overall choice.

Now, that's not to say that he won't become those things, but similar things were said about Jimmy Clausen a few years back, yet he fell tothe second round and has sucked ass in the NFL.

I think most of us believe that the 5th to 7th overall ranking that some have him listed at is far more realistic than the 2nd round talent that others have him listed as being.

Therefore it is not as much of a reach to see him going 1st overall to us.

Hell, many of those who say he is too big of reach to take at #1 have him going 3rd or 4th and being a good pick at that spot.

Hammock Parties 02-10-2013 03:53 PM

There is absolutely no way Geno makes it past the Raiders at #3. I will bet anyone anything on that. Come at me Dane.

DeezNutz 02-10-2013 03:53 PM

http://www.walterfootball.com/draftdata.php

Tons of mocks. Likely around 70% have Smith going #1 overall.

HotCarl 02-10-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9391894)
There is absolutely no way Geno makes it past the Raiders at #3. I will bet anyone anything on that. Come at me Dane.

I believe it's at least 50/50 that he will be the Raiders QB this coming year.

patteeu 02-10-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9391794)
You know shit.

TeBow was great college player, whose QB skills were virtually non existent.

He has poor accuracy and terrible mechanics that can not be hidden by scheme against NFL talent.

His lack of QB skills are extremely relevant.

And yet he was still a great college QB, just like I said.

patteeu 02-10-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9391805)
Logic states that free agent qbs don't win SBS. Yet here we are discussing this again

That's not logic, that's an assumption that past performance over a limited data set can be extrapolated into the future along a straight line.

DaneMcCloud 02-10-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9391894)

So, if Reid passes (pure speculation but its been proffered more than once lately), do you feel that makes him a "failure", as its been proclaimed by others?

DaneMcCloud 02-10-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9391895)
http://www.walterfootball.com/draftdata.php

Tons of mocks. Likely around 70% have Smith going #1 overall.

I find it quite curious that without the benefit of the Combines and the Senior Bowl that people suddenly have begun mocking him at #1 to the Chiefs.

I wonder if it's due to film study, peer pressure or just not wanting to be wrong come draft day?

007 02-10-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9391977)
So, if Reid passes (pure speculation but its been proffered more than once lately), do you feel that makes him a "failure", as its been proclaimed by others?

you can't consider him a success or failure until after the 3rd year. However, you can definitely disagree with his decisions. Fortunately there are no decisions to dislike, yet.