ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs to Work Out Geno Smith in KC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271509)

ProFootballExpress 03-27-2013 10:21 PM

I am curious how much this would indeed effect the draft. I think geno has tools to become great but not yet. the bigger question for me then is in everyone's opinion should the chiefs take smith in round one, or trade back and aquire a second round pick and take someone like ej manuel?
by the way everyone the voting on the chiefs pick in round one has begun. 24hrs remain to get ur vote in at profootballexpress.com
im still a rookie to this forum so my apologies for not being able to get the exact link posted as of yet.

jd1020 03-27-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefaholic (Post 9534629)
Are some people incapable of thinking outside the box?

The Chiefs have been thinking outside the box for 30 years...

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-27-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9534623)
I dont think there would be a grade high enough for Reid Dorsey and Hunt.

Speaking of Clark Hunt he said he would be nore involved. Where is he at. I wonder if he will be at Genos pro day. Even A Smith and Bowe will be watching Geno because there offseason workouts start April 1. If Clark is there you know Geno is the pick without a doubt.

If Clark is there, I will jizz flowers and rainbows all over this ****ing board.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tribal Warfare 03-27-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProFootballExpress (Post 9534657)
I am curious how much this would indeed effect the draft. I think geno has tools to become great but not yet. the bigger question for me then is in everyone's opinion should the chiefs take smith in round one, or trade back and aquire a second round pick and take someone like ej manuel?
by the way everyone the voting on the chiefs pick in round one has begun. 24hrs remain to get ur vote in at profootballexpress.com
im still a rookie to this forum so my apologies for not being able to get the exact link posted as of yet.

I want KC to select Geno, and most rate him in the top 10 as a player. Which is good enough to be the #1 overall pick because of the premium at the QB position

Chiefaholic 03-27-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9534658)
The Chiefs have been thinking outside the box for 30 years...

Ohh... Hopefully John Dorsey has been taking notes the last 30 years then. Wouldn't want him to miss a beat.

jd1020 03-27-2013 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefaholic (Post 9534676)
Ohh... Hopefully John Dorsey has been taking notes the last 30 years then. Wouldn't want him to miss a beat.

Not to worry. He didn't.

penbrook 03-27-2013 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9534644)
Dude, will they bring in Bowe for some workout time? JIMP
Posted via Mobile Device

IDK how the rules work. I know they can talk to each other but Im not sure if he can.

I expect him to be there April 1. No reason to holdout now..

If he is throwing routes to Bowe be prepared for Geno to be ours..

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-27-2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProFootballExpress (Post 9534657)

I'm against trading back for two reasons:

1) There's no way we get a haul of picks in this draft to justify it because there doesn't exist any true generational talent for anyone to jump at. The fact that they would attempt to package Albert gives testimony to this fact.

2) The QB position in KC has gone from "atrocious" to "questionable" at best, and niether of those options scream "building a championship team for the future"(!). Both Geno and Matt are PERFECT developmental guys with true upside that can and would bose well for the future of the Chiefs, and I see slim pickings in immediate future drafts for the QB position. The time is without question...now.
Posted via Mobile Device

ProFootballExpress 03-27-2013 10:43 PM

i don't deny that there is not much in the top of this draft worth trading up for, however is that not more of a red flag as to whom to draft as well? it should be worry some that no one would want to trade up for a potential franchise qb. I think you throw the draft trade chart right out the window, and if you can get a second round pick and slide back a few spots, or hell half way down the draft, then you do it. there might not be elite players early, but there are very very good starters avail in the mid of round one, and the possibility to land ej manuel or barkley or one of the other qb's in round two, perhaps you do so.

penbrook 03-27-2013 10:47 PM

ProFootballCentral just said that the Chiefs interest in Geno is real and not a smokescreen.

BTW they were credited on NFL Network. They I guess are a legit source now.

AussieChiefsFan 03-27-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9534725)
ProFootballCentral just said that the Chiefs interest in Geno is real and not a smokescreen.

http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/y...mated/jimp.gif

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-27-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProFootballExpress (Post 9534719)
i don't deny that there is not much in the top of this draft worth trading up for, however is that not more of a red flag as to whom to draft as well? it should be worry some that no one would want to trade up for a potential franchise qb. I think you throw the draft trade chart right out the window, and if you can get a second round pick and slide back a few spots, or hell half way down the draft, then you do it. there might not be elite players early, but there are very very good starters avail in the mid of round one, and the possibility to land ej manuel or barkley or one of the other qb's in round two, perhaps you do so.

The loss of the second round pick sucks, but the overactive FA signings the Chiefs accomplished have, imo, offset it already. Yeah, adding the best LB or Corner prospect wouldn't hurt, but those type of picks look good on the upcoming horizon.
Posted via Mobile Device

splatbass 03-27-2013 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9534084)
If we take Joeckel there will be riots and hell.

If we take Geno there will be tears of joy.

If we don't take Geno I'm staying away from this place for a while. The butthurt will be unbearable.

RunKC 03-27-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9534725)

PFC is not a legit source of news. They are a hack site.

penbrook 03-27-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9534763)
If we don't take Geno I'm staying away from this place for a while. The butthurt will be unbearable.

Same here!!

penbrook 03-27-2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9534764)
PFC is not a legit source of news. They are a hack site.

Then how come NFL Network credits them.

AlexSmithDynasty 03-27-2013 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9534673)
I want KC to select Geno, and most rate him in the top 10 as a player. Which is good enough to be the #1 overall pick because of the premium at the QB position

Really most rate him as a top 10 player, because I've looked at a number of big boards and the highest I saw him ranked was 9, with most having him in the 25th best player range and Kiper having him as a second rounder.

SPchief 03-27-2013 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProFootballExpress (Post 9534532)
what do the chiefs do with the first pick in the draft? do they find a trade partner? do they draft geno smith to groom? do they take their premiere left tackle and play him at right tackle for one year? or do they improve their defense on the line? i would love feedback from the fans and would truley appreciate your feedback. you guys are welcome to any of my Chiefs content as well and feel free to resond back to me or directly on my site. should you decide to vote on my site at profootballexpress.com

It's spamtastic!

Canofbier 03-27-2013 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9534767)
Then how come NFL Network credits them.

PFC = full of hacks, NFLN cites PFC. By the transitive property, the NFLN is full of hacks.

For real, though, I hope they're right this time.

AussieChiefsFan 03-27-2013 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9534782)
PFC = full of hacks, NFLN cites PFC. By the transitive property, the NFLN is full of hacks.

For real, though, I hope they're right this time.

This. Please for the love of god, let this be true.

Chiefshrink 03-27-2013 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaWolf (Post 9533090)
Might as well scout the Raiders future QB the best we can...

This !!!!!:banghead:

Chiefshrink 03-27-2013 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9533309)
Ironic that all of this Geno Smith news breaks on the day of Matt Barkley's pro day.

BINGO !!!!! You nailed it !!!!;)

Chiefshrink 03-28-2013 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9533395)
All of this Smokescreen talk is ridiculous. Teams have a limited number of prospects they can can set up private workouts with. They're not going to waste a visit on a "smokescreen".

Geno is a top 10 Player. The Chiefs will visit with most, if not all of the top 10 players and then adjust their board accordingly. This has nothing to do with a smokescreen and everything to do with them doing their due diligence.

Nothing personal Detox but that is just 'NAIVE THINKING' in a world of sport especially the NFL(Not for long-head coach who doesn't win) in which you must WIN NOW !!! Poker play is a MUST to compete !!!

penbrook 03-28-2013 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9534803)
BINGO !!!!! You nailed it !!!!;)

And isnt it just a Coinsedence that Geno visits Arrowhead the day that offseason workouts start??

With Bowe A smith and the WHOLE staff there to watch him. Hmm??

Chiefshrink 03-28-2013 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9534808)
And isnt it just a Coinsedence that Geno visits Arrowhead the day that offseason workouts start??

With Bowe A smith and the WHOLE staff there to watch him. Hmm??

You really think Bowe will show up for off season workouts ??

penbrook 03-28-2013 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9534815)
You really think Bowe will show up for off season workouts ??

No reason not too. He got his long term deal.

If he actually partakes than we know he is serious about being one of the best!!

Tribal Warfare 03-28-2013 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexSmithDynasty (Post 9534780)
Really most rate him as a top 10 player, because I've looked at a number of big boards and the highest I saw him ranked was 9, with most having him in the 25th best player range and Kiper having him as a second rounder.

yes, they do, hence the multiple mocks that have going in the top 10.

Ming the Merciless 03-28-2013 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexSmithDynasty (Post 9534780)

He will be drafted in the top 10.

That makes him a top 10 player.

Dickless troll

Gravedigger 03-28-2013 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9534804)
Nothing personal Detox but that is just 'NAIVE THINKING' in a world of sport especially the NFL(Not for long-head coach who doesn't win) in which you must WIN NOW !!! Poker play is a MUST to compete !!!

Then why did we trade for Alex Smith? Bet money Geno Smith would get Andy Reid more years in KC then Alex Smith will. If Geno fails, you get another chance because you didn't know he'd flop, if Alex fails, you traded prime commodity that the fanbase knew was going to flop, banners to the ship!

Abba-Dabba 03-28-2013 12:58 AM

If it was smokescreen, it isn't any more. Joke is the Chiefs smokescreen. Always has been.

I suspect the Reid and Dorsey, while may think highly of Alex Smith aren't going to be banking on him alone. They are smart enough to know that Chase Daniel is a stop-gap, an also-ran, a perennial b/u. They know that Alex Smith has 1 year to prove himself here. Them taking his contract as is, essentially makes Alex Smith in a contract year. He doesn't do well and returns to his pre-Harbaugh days, no reason to resign to an extension. And then back to right where we were a few weeks ago. Looking for a QB. That is not a position I would think Reid and Dorsey want to find themselves in. I still think Geno will be KC's pick at #1.

penbrook 03-28-2013 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubberSponge (Post 9534854)
If it was smokescreen, it isn't any more. Joke is the Chiefs smokescreen. Always has been.

I suspect the Reid and Dorsey, while may think highly of Alex Smith aren't going to be banking on him alone. They are smart enough to know that Chase Daniel is a stop-gap, an also-ran, a perennial b/u. They know that Alex Smith has 1 year to prove himself here. Them taking his contract as is, essentially makes Alex Smith in a contract year. He doesn't do well and returns to his pre-Harbaugh days, no reason to resign to an extension. And then back to right where we were a few weeks ago. Looking for a QB. That is not a position I would think Reid and Dorsey want to find themselves in. I still think Geno will be KC's pick at #1.

I have been saying Geno ever since we were on the clock and never considered anybody else if we stayed at #1. Right now who knows if they trade or now.

Abba-Dabba 03-28-2013 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9534861)
I have been saying Geno ever since we were on the clock and never considered anybody else if we stayed at #1. Right now who knows if they trade or now.

I don't think you will see many trades in the top half of the 1st this year. Just not much of a talent gap to warrant spending present and future draft picks on between 1-7 and 8-15.

I think KC is stuck with the 1.1.

penbrook 03-28-2013 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubberSponge (Post 9534872)
I don't think you will see many trades in the top half of the 1st this year. Just not much of a talent gap to warrant spending present and future draft picks on between 1-7 and 8-15.

I think KC is stuck with the 1.1.

Yep thats a good thing as long as its Geno and not Joeckel.

Omaha 03-28-2013 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9533239)
i would

She's praying that I'll say yes. Imma answer that prayer.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-28-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9534804)

And Reid/Dorsey HAVE NO poker. This has been FIRMLY established.
Posted via Mobile Device

Carlota69 03-28-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9535383)
And Reid/Dorsey HAVE NO poker. This has been FIRMLY established.
Posted via Mobile Device

How is that FIRMLY established? Because theyre not playing Aces the way YOU think they should? The draft hasnt even happened yet, and the guy they said wasnt worth a 1st, will be in KC for 2 days.

Let the hand play out before you FIRMLY believe they cant play poker.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-28-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 9535392)
How is that FIRMLY established? Because theyre not playing Aces the way YOU think they should? The draft hasnt even happened yet, and the guy they said wasnt worth a 1st, will be in KC for 2 days.

Let the hand play out before you FIRMLY believe they cant play poker.

They've shown their "hand" every ****ing step of the way! This is NOT debateable. Let it go...
Posted via Mobile Device

Carlota69 03-28-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9535405)
They've shown their "hand" every ****ing step of the way! This is NOT debateable. Let it go...
Posted via Mobile Device

Baby, I think youre the one who has to let it go...Youre obsessed.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-28-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 9535407)
Baby, I think youre the one who has to let it go...Youre obsessed.

Sweet Jesus woman...their absolute lack of poker is helping my cause. At first, not so much. But now? Oh yes. Still, they might take Milliner. But I highly doubt it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Carlota69 03-28-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9535415)
Sweet Jesus woman...their absolute lack of poker is helping my cause. At first, not so much. But now? Oh yes. Still, they might take Milliner. But I highly doubt it.
Posted via Mobile Device

No one knows what they are going to do, possibly including them. And why have a prospect here for 2 days??? Maybe cuz they truly dig him, or maybe becasue they want people to believe they truly dig him. Maybe they didnt really dig him until the scouts said we need to take a closer look..blah blah blah...The point is, who knows? You certianly dont. Neither do I or anyone else.

The draft hasnt even happened. We dont know if they are going to raise, slow play, check raise, go all in etc. We dont know. YOU DONT EITHER. So, lets see how the hand plays out, and then we can discuss whether or not they know how to play poker.

The Franchise 03-28-2013 10:43 AM

You don't bring in a prospect for 2 days as a smokescreen.

B14ckmon 03-28-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9535438)

Yes you do. It happens literally every single year. You are ****ing dumb.

Also, here is what smart Chief fans are talking about;

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/3...as-city-chiefs

The Franchise 03-28-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9535439)

Arrowhead Pride are "smart" Chiefs fans? ROFL

Mr. Laz 03-28-2013 10:46 AM

It would be very interesting if the Chiefs' WRs really are there for the Geno Smith workout.

Bowe,Baldwin,DmC,Avery ... maybe Charles

If those players are there then Geno Smith became a legit possibility at 1.1 for us. Imo.

Canofbier 03-28-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Care to explain how replacing our franchise LT with the top draft pick is "smart"?

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-28-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

mmm...I can smell your fear, cockmon. It gives me focus, makes me STRONGER.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tribal Warfare 03-28-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9535438)

I swear if Dorsey/Reid selects Geno

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VFwXmz1KGoQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-28-2013 10:51 AM

If we select Geno; dope, guns, and ****ing in the streets!
Posted via Mobile Device

Mav 03-28-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9534095)
This fanbase is so dumb (as a whole) that most would be mad that we passed on Joeckel for Geno.

You are the minority, you do realize that? Most realistic fans, understand that this draft doesnt feature a franchise qb, not only in the minds of your leadership, but in the minds of almost every expert.....

So, really, who is the dumb ones?

Canofbier 03-28-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9535472)

:hmmm:

silver5liter 03-28-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9535472)
You are the minority, you do realize that? Most realistic fans, understand that this draft doesnt feature a franchise qb, not only in the minds of your leadership, but in the minds of almost every expert.....

Who is the dumb ones? Really? Who is? ****ing serious?

Mav 03-28-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9535446)
Care to explain how replacing our franchise LT with the top draft pick is "smart"?

Your Franchise left tackle, (to chiefs fans, doesnt seem to be the concensous of the rest of the world) is going to be 29 years old. He wants to be paid like a top 5 tackle. Although, to the rest of the world, he is not in the category of Joe Thomas, or Ryan Clady, who seem to be the coup de grau of Left tackles.....

They can trade him, pick up extra picks, and draft his replacement, who is 8 years younger, and will cost half as much.

Its business sense. Something that Clearly eludes some on this board. Flame away, but I cant believe how difficult of a concept this is for some people......

The best olinemen in football, usually start showing their age about 31, 32 years old. meaning that if you give him a franchise contract right now for 4 years, hes 33 years old when it ends, where as if you trade him now, draft joeckell, in 4 years hes 25 years old, and not even entering his prime.

This is that difficult?

Mav 03-28-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9535478)
Who is the dumb ones? Really? Who is? ****ing serious?

oh, i believe you, as per your avatar, and sig, believe that you are the smart ones, and that the majority of people who arent so desparate, not just for a franchise qb, but for a qb in the first round, believe you are smart ones.

Question......Who was the last number one overrall qb to win a super bowl?

Answer, Eli Manning. the other one in the last decade? Peyton Manning.

Meaning, that Matt Stafford, Alex Smith, David Carr, Jamarcus Russell, Andrew Luck, Sam Bradford Tim Couch, Michael Vick, have not only not won a super bowl, they havent even played in one.

meanwhile, Tom brady, 6th round pick, Drew Brees, second round pick, joe flacco, 16th pick, Ben Roethlisberger, 11th pick, Aaron Rodgers 24th pick, have won super bowls, meaning that the majority of super bowls, are won by players not picked first overrall.......So odds are that if say the chiefs pass on the qb this year, and grab one next year, that players odds are going to be higher, since you wont have the first pick next year, of winning a super bowl as super geno if he went first......

Logic. Its pretty basic.....

Bowser 03-28-2013 11:12 AM

The only thing Geno Smith has done to earn him the title of being unworthy to be drafted one overall is the fact that he is going to be drafted one year after Andrew Luck and RGIII. Of course 99.9% of every QB leaving college is going to be compared to that scale and fail.

Any other year, and Geno would be a lock to be drafted by us by every prognosticator out there. "Well, I don't think he's as good as Andrew Luck, so I'm not sure I'd waste a first on him. Plus, Russell Wislon was drafted in the third, so there will be value later in the draft."

It's all bullshit. Not good enough for us, but potentially good enough for the next seven teams that draft. Makes zero sense.

Canofbier 03-28-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9535491)
oh, i believe you, as per your avatar, and sig, believe that you are the smart ones, and that the majority of people who arent so desparate, not just for a franchise qb, but for a qb in the first round, believe you are smart ones.

Question......Who was the last number one overrall qb to win a super bowl?

Answer, Eli Manning. the other one in the last decade? Peyton Manning.

Meaning, that Matt Stafford, Alex Smith, David Carr, Jamarcus Russell, Andrew Luck, Sam Bradford Tim Couch, Michael Vick, have not only not won a super bowl, they havent even played in one.

meanwhile, Tom brady, 6th round pick, Drew Brees, second round pick, joe flacco, 16th pick, Ben Roethlisberger, 11th pick, Aaron Rodgers 24th pick, have won super bowls, meaning that the majority of super bowls, are won by players not picked first overrall.......So odds are that if say the chiefs pass on the qb this year, and grab one next year, that players odds are going to be higher, since you wont have the first pick next year, of winning a super bowl as super geno if he went first......

Logic. Its pretty basic.....

That mess of an argument only qualifies as "logic" if you're a mouth-breathing high school dropout.

silver5liter 03-28-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9535491)

Reread the text I quoted, Einstein.

Mav 03-28-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9535493)
The only thing Geno Smith has done to earn him the title of being unworthy to be drafted one overall is the fact that he is going to be drafted one year after Andrew Luck and RGIII. Of course 99.9% of every QB leaving college is going to be compared to that scale and fail.

Any other year, and Geno would be a lock to be drafted by us by every prognosticator out there. "Well, I don't think he's as good as Andrew Luck, so I'm not sure I'd waste a first on him. Plus, Russell Wislon was drafted in the third, so there will be value later in the draft."

It's all bullshit. Not good enough for us, but potentially good enough for the next seven teams that draft. Makes zero sense.

No. Absolutely not. There are serious question marks to the experts about him. Can he operate in an nfl offense. He took all of his snaps from the shot gun. Can he read a defense. These are not questions that Andrew Luck had to answer. And everyone knows that Russel Wilson, was drafted in the 3rd round, for one reason and one reason only.

Hes 5'11.

There were no questions about his qb ability, only his height.

The only knock on Barkley, seems to be arm strength, the knocks on Geno Smith, are he has a high reward ceiling, he wows you with accuracy, and arm strength, and mobility, but his question marks are about the smarts of the position.

Some scouts saying he cant read defenses, some saying that he has SLOW EYES, (i had never even heard of that term) Also, this is considered to be a draft with safe players, but no superstars, and yet, in that he cant be considered elite.

Thats not a good sign. Hes not good enough for the chiefs? Who the hell said that? The draft hasnt come, no one knows who they are really eyeing.

But, just the fact that he could be good enough for the Jags, Raiders, eagles, cards, or bills, doesnt mean that he is the end all be all. What it means is that their qb situations are absolutely awful.

The jags have gabbert, who is just awful, the raiders cant get palmer to restructure so if they cut him they have pryor, eek, the eagles, who the hell knows with them, i sure dont, the browns arent drafting a qb, the lions arent, the cards, who knows with them, other than fitz, what do they have that couldnt be an upgrade? and the bills, who have tavaris jackson.

The chiefs have a decent enough qb option this year, that they dont have to reach for a qb if they dont think hes a sure fire franchise qb.

That should be enough for chiefs fans to at least give them a chance to see if their plan works.......

Mav 03-28-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9535497)
That mess of an argument only qualifies as "logic" if you're a mouth-breathing high school dropout.

Your avatar, understandably, would make that "argument" shallow, i agree.

You are however, going to be right or wrong depending on 1.1

I will be neither, as i stated, i dont know what the chiefs plan to do, or what they really think of Geno, as in I dont really have a horse in this race, i dont really care either way what they do.

Mav 03-28-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9535499)
Reread the text I quoted, Einstein.

I think you are trying to outsmart yourself. I asked a rhetorical question.

I already know the answer.........

silver5liter 03-28-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9535515)
I think you are trying to outsmart yourself. I asked a rhetorical question.

I already know the answer.........

It was the grammar I was pointing out.

Mav 03-28-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9535446)

I didnt try to "insult your intelligence." I answered your question from a business point of view, and you didnt want to accept my answer. That is on you, not me. Obviously, if you just go by Alberts tweets, he has been approched on some level, about switching to guard, or to Right Tackle, and has rebuffed both of those as options.

If you have a player that is insubordinate, then you have to check other options.

Thats how it is smart........You can feel insulted if you want, but why ask the question if you didnt want an answer?

Mav 03-28-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9535521)
It was the grammar I was pointing out.

Thanks grammar cop. Next time i will use are, instead of is....My bad.....:banghead:

Bowser 03-28-2013 11:28 AM

"Decent enough QB option for this year". Sorry, that doesn't exactly sell me on not taking Geno. Take the kid, let him sit behind Alex and Chase, let Andy work on whatever weaknesses HE (not the rest of us) sees, then turn him loose next year.

There is NO REASON to not be stacked at the QB position. None. And with the moves Dorsey has made so far, they have put us in a position of having the top overall pick be a luxury pick. It's ****ing genius.

keg in kc 03-28-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9535493)

Don't forget the unspoken components, "he's black" and "he played at west virginia".

Mav 03-28-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9535534)
Don't forget the unspoken components, "he's black" and "he played at west virginia".

I dont think the Black thing is working against him.

At all. Hasnt worked against cam, Russel Wilson, Kaepernick, or rg3.

What is working against him is that to the experts, he is too high of a boom or bust risk that teams are scared. Im not sure why the west virginia thing is working against him. He is clearly heads and shoulders ahead of pat white as a qb, and pat white got drafted.

Bowser 03-28-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9535534)

SLOW EYES

Mav 03-28-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9535532)
"Decent enough QB option for this year". Sorry, that doesn't exactly sell me on not taking Geno. Take the kid, let him sit behind Alex and Chase, let Andy work on whatever weaknesses HE (not the rest of us) sees, then turn him loose next year.

There is NO REASON to not be stacked at the QB position. None. And with the moves Dorsey has made so far, they have put us in a position of having the top overall pick be a luxury pick. It's ****ing genius.

One of my very first posts on this board, got DESTROYED because i stated, that the way it was perceived, was that to the eyes of andy, and to dorsey, that the difference between qb 1, and qb 10 in this draft, there wasnt that big of a seperation to differentiate between taking a qb at 1.1, and 3.1. I got LAMBASTED for that comment. The chiefs trading for Alex Smith, and signing Chase Daniel, leads to support that theory. Again, all signs point to joeckell being the pick, but if they do take Geno, then, i am an idiot, and the geno supporters are right. I know that the chiefs will draft a qb in this draft, just not sure when.

The Bad Guy 03-28-2013 11:35 AM

Packers had Craig Nall as Favre's backup when they drafted Rodgers.

Chiefs can get out of Chase Daniels contract after a year.

I think they are really taking a long look at him. No smokescreen.

Chiefnj2 03-28-2013 11:36 AM

If Smith is as good as the Geno-ites believe, then KC will walk away with at least two firsts and a second at a minimum.

KC native 03-28-2013 11:36 AM

I CAN HAZ BONER AGAIN?!?!?!?!

The Bad Guy 03-28-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9535545)
SLOW EYES

To be fair, I value Greg Cossel's evaluations over everyone else.

I think he's about as accurate as you'll find.

Mav 03-28-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9535545)
SLOW EYES

i didnt, and dont really understand that as a term lol.

I guess it means that he has a problem from moving to read one, to two, to three?

That was a new on one me.

Mav 03-28-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9535548)

I do too. It wont surprise me one bit if they do take him. They have enough holes filled on the team through free agency and resigning their own, that they can take and stash geno smith for a year if they need to.

They can also cut alex smith loose after a year as well.....

KC native 03-28-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

YESSSSSSSSSS I CAN HAZ BONER 4 GENOOOOOO

Bowser 03-28-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Plus take into consideration that Andy Reid seemingly always had three guys that could play quarterback on the roster during his days in Philly. Always. And he usually ended up skull ****ing some team (cougharizonacough) in trades for his backups.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9535551)

I have never ever heard that term before. The emotional hater/conspirator in me thinks that everyone hates the Chiefs so much that they would think up new terms just to make sure we never have a homegrown playmaker at QB.

silver5liter 03-28-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Did your source have anything to say on it?

DaneMcCloud 03-28-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

I think that's great and I think they should be taking a long look at him.

But it's nothing short of baffling to think that it took them this long to truly evaluate him.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 03-28-2013 11:44 AM

I don't know the conditions for the Alex Smith trade, for the draft pick in 2014. Maybe if he isn't on the roster in 2014 there is no draft pick. That would expain the high price of giving a 2nd this year for the loser.

Bowser 03-28-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9535546)
One of my very first posts on this board, got DESTROYED because i stated, that the way it was perceived, was that to the eyes of andy, and to dorsey, that the difference between qb 1, and qb 10 in this draft, there wasnt that big of a seperation to differentiate between taking a qb at 1.1, and 3.1. I got LAMBASTED for that comment. The chiefs trading for Alex Smith, and signing Chase Daniel, leads to support that theory. Again, all signs point to joeckell being the pick, but if they do take Geno, then, i am an idiot, and the geno supporters are right. I know that the chiefs will draft a qb in this draft, just not sure when.

I have a friend that thinks like this, and I just don't understand it.

Geno Smith's numbers last year were nearly identical to RGIII's senior season, minus the rushing stats. Why in the blue shit would we not want a guy that is capable of up putting production like that on our team?

The Franchise 03-28-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9535551)

He said Ryan Nassib is the #1 QB.