ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs This Year's Rookie Wide Receivers (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=288328)

frozenchief 11-12-2014 04:08 PM

This Year's Rookie Wide Receivers

So, this year's rookie wide receivers are apparently setting the NFL on fire:

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/f...watkins-111214

I guess it's a good thing that we did not need a wide receiver.

:banghead:

Mav 11-12-2014 04:11 PM

It is the deepest in a long time. Just ridiculously amazing.

John Brown, Mike Evans Benjamin, cooks, bryant. Watkins.....I still can't believe the browns passed on watkins

Gadzooks 11-12-2014 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mav (Post 11106278)
It is the deepest in a long time. Just ridiculously amazing.

John Brown, Mike Evans Benjamin, cooks, bryant. Watkins.....I still can't believe the browns passed on watkins

The Browns thought they had Gordon. I can't explain the Dee Ford pick though.

Direckshun 11-12-2014 04:14 PM

One hopes Dee Ford pans out.

If he does, you can't really complain about Dee Ford, Phillip Gaines, and De'Anthony Thomas as your picks in this draft.

Mav 11-12-2014 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 11106281)
The Browns thought they had Gordon.

Nah. They found out about the failed test the night before the draft. They apparently were going to draft him until the bills blew them away. Serving time in the past 3 years they let a team sucker them. Got suckered out of julio Jones in 2011

saphojunkie 11-12-2014 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 11106284)
One hopes Dee Ford pans out.

If he does, you can't really complain about Dee Ford, Phillip Gaines, and De'Anthony Thomas as your picks in this draft.

I'll always be pissed when didn't draft Jordan Matthews.

rico 11-12-2014 04:19 PM

Freaking ODB looks solid as hell. Out of all the rookies I've watched this year, he has caught my eye the most.

CallMeSquidwad 11-12-2014 04:19 PM

I hope we aren't really going to be so quick to over react to the fact that Dee Ford isn't exactly setting the league on fire, but let's be clear, we will all love that draft pick when tough decisions must be made with Tamba. In our offense a 2nd receiver is a luxury not a necessity....especially when we have #TrueBeastMode playing TE and a Dwayne who is actually starting to remember he's better than virtually every DB out there.

rico 11-12-2014 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 11106288)
I'll always be pissed when didn't draft Jordan Matthews.

Yeah, that dude is fantastic. Runs like a damn gazelle.

Mav 11-12-2014 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CallMeSquidwad (Post 11106299)
I hope we aren't really going to be so quick to over react to the fact that Dee Ford isn't exactly setting the league on fire, but let's be clear, we will all love that draft pick when tough decisions must be made with Tamba. In our offense a 2nd receiver is a luxury not a necessity....especially when we have #TrueBeastMode playing TE and a Dwayne who is actually starting to remember he's better than virtually every DB out there.

Hmmm. I suppose. I still would have preferred Benjamin

Gadzooks 11-12-2014 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mav (Post 11106285)
Nah. They found out about the failed test the night before the draft. They apparently were going to draft him until the bills blew them away. Serving time in the past 3 years they let a team sucker them. Got suckered out of julio Jones in 2011

It was a fluid situation with Gordon. I agree that the Bills knocked their socks off to get Watkins. I see no blame on Browns part.
Watkins will have to perform at an AJ Green or Julio Jones level to validate the move. So far so good.

Mav 11-12-2014 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 11106309)
It was a fluid situation with Gordon. I agree that the Bills knocked their socks off to get Watkins. I see no blame on Browns part.
Watkins will have to perform at an AJ Green or Julio Jones level to validate the move. So far so good.

In fairness to you, I'm a Sammy Watkins guy. He was who I wanted.

Gadzooks 11-12-2014 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mav (Post 11106311)
In fairness to you, I'm a Sammy Watkins guy. He was who I wanted.

I'm a fan too. He won't save the GM or Coach and the Bills lose next years first.
It was a bold move that will get them fired by the new ownership.

Coochie liquor 11-12-2014 04:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 11106298)
Freaking ODB looks solid as hell. Out of all the rookies I've watched this year, he has caught my eye the most.

There's only EVER gonna be one ODB. And you know this....... MAN!!!

Mav 11-12-2014 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 11106319)
I'm a fan too. He won't save the GM or Coach and the Bills lose next years first.
It was a bold move that will get them fired by the new ownership.

Unfortunately, once they drafted Ej Manuel, they were screwed.