ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Score one more for SOC... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266809)

dirk digler 11-19-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9133269)
Denver kicking our ass would put even more fuel to the fire.

If the last 2 home losses haven't done it then nothing will IMHO.

htismaqe 11-19-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9133335)
Sure it does if Clark supposedly really cares what the fans think and the plan is to fire him after the season is over anyway. Never too early to start building some goodwill back.

The fans will be happy whether Pioli is fired now or at the end of the season, as long as he's fired.

There's not one FUNCTIONAL reason to fire Pioli now. You'd be forced to finish the season with RAC or promote people from within the staff of the TWO GUYS YOU JUST FIRED.

The Franchise 11-19-2012 12:17 PM

It really wouldn't be that long anyways. What.....6 more games? 6 more times that we're embarrassed.

**** dumping this shit now. That will only cause us to possibly win more games before this season is over. I want the suck to continue.

Bowser 11-19-2012 12:19 PM

Petro went on to say that if Pioli were fired today that all the arrows would be aimed at Clark, and Clark doesn't want or need that now. He further pointed out how that in KC, more than most other places, the gM is front and center, especially with an absentee owner. If Pioli really is done here, let him stick around and take his ass kickings until the end of the season, but the MINUTE the last game concludes, can his ass and anybody else's ass you want gone so you can start the search for a new GM and front office post haste.

dirk digler 11-19-2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9133356)
The fans will be happy whether Pioli is fired now or at the end of the season, as long as he's fired.

There's not one FUNCTIONAL reason to fire Pioli now. You'd be forced to finish the season with RAC or promote people from within the staff of the TWO GUYS YOU JUST FIRED.

I agree there maybe no Functional reason to fire him now but on the other side there will be no harm in doing it now. Other people can fill the void for the next 6 weeks.

I want RAC to finish the season so we can have a legit chance at the #1 pick.

htismaqe 11-19-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9133410)
I agree there maybe no Functional reason to fire him now but on the other side there will be no harm in doing it now. Other people can fill the void for the next 6 weeks.

I want RAC to finish the season so we can have a legit chance at the #1 pick.

Other people would fill the void. Other people already on this staff. Do you really want to see Head Coach Gary Gibbs?

There absolutely IS harm in doing it now. If you do a complete housecleaning, you have to go out and get a new GM and coaching staff mid-season. All of the good candidates are currently busy. Plus, you don't want your new staff to have the inevitable 5 or 6 losses and the associated stink of the rest of the 2012 season stuck to them. Let them start fresh in 2013.

This staff need to finish what the started. And then GTFO.

dirk digler 11-19-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9133448)
Other people would fill the void. Other people already on this staff. Do you really want to see Head Coach Gary Gibbs?

There absolutely IS harm in doing it now. If you do a complete housecleaning, you have to go out and get a new GM and coaching staff mid-season. All of the good candidates are currently busy. Plus, you don't want your new staff to have the inevitable 5 or 6 losses and the associated stink of the rest of the 2012 season stuck to them. Let them start fresh in 2013.

This staff need to finish what the started. And then GTFO.

I think you misunderstood me. I just want Pioli fired the rest can stay until the end of the year. There would be no hires until the end of the season. You can have the Assistant GM do whatever is necessary to finish the season out.

But as others have said 6 weeks is not that far away so I guess it doesn't really matter that much unless you want to give fans hope and fill the stadium the rest of the year.

htismaqe 11-19-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9133472)
I think you misunderstood me. I just want Pioli fired the rest can stay until the end of the year. There would be no hires until the end of the season. You can have the Assistant GM do whatever is necessary to finish the season out.

But as others have said 6 weeks is not that far away so I guess it doesn't really matter that much unless you want to give fans hope and fill the stadium the rest of the year.

Why would you want to do that PRIOR to gutting the front office? Did we learn nothing from the whole Romeo fiasco?

DeezNutz 11-19-2012 12:48 PM

Petro is asking if there is anything to be gained by firing the GM now? So here's the answer:

Yes. If Clark would fire Pioli now and hold a press conference, acknowledging the failings of the front office and therefore reasonable frustrations of the fans, while proclaiming that this will be solved and the organization will get healthy, fans would react very positively.

We all know the rest of the season is going to be a dumpster fire, but Pioli's blood would temporarily quell the need for someone's ass.

Mother****erJones 11-19-2012 12:48 PM

Could it be possible he's waiting to for the case against Pioli and his age discrimination bullshit? He was diposed on OCT 26 per 610

teedubya 11-19-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9133403)
Petro went on to say that if Pioli were fired today that all the arrows would be aimed at Clark, and Clark doesn't want or need that now. He further pointed out how that in KC, more than most other places, the gM is front and center, especially with an absentee owner. If Pioli really is done here, let him stick around and take his ass kickings until the end of the season, but the MINUTE the last game concludes, can his ass and anybody else's ass you want gone so you can start the search for a new GM and front office post haste.

This makes sense... but Clark needs to share with the fans that he is unhappy and changes are on the horizon.

htismaqe 11-19-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9133489)
Could it be possible he's waiting to for the case against Pioli and his age discrimination bullshit? He was diposed on OCT 26 per 610

See my response in the other thread.

htismaqe 11-19-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9133488)
Petro is asking if there is anything to be gained by firing the GM now? So here's the answer:

Yes. If Clark would fire Pioli now and hold a press conference, acknowledging the failings of the front office and therefore reasonable frustrations of the fans, while proclaiming that this will be solved and the organization will get healthy, fans would react very positively.

We all know the rest of the season is going to be a dumpster fire, but Pioli's blood would temporarily quell the need for someone's ass.

Other than appeasing the fans, what is the difference between Pioli finishing this season or one of his lackeys finish the season in the same exact fashion he would have?

notorious 11-19-2012 12:51 PM

Clark is waiting for sabans season to end before blowing up the news.

ChiefMojo 11-19-2012 12:54 PM

I want the mother f**ker gone now but at the same time it probably won't make a difference until the end of the season. Let Pioli stew in his mess for a little while longer!