ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Planet members and their kids serving in Iraq and Afghanistan need our support. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=217140)

BigRedChief 11-05-2009 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyCoffey (Post 6234953)
Another thought (no I'm not too proud to mention it) many soliders, myself included, are buying their own equipment if/as they can. Lights, lazers for mounting on our M-4's, better mags (and a double mag clip for speedy re-loads), better holisters for 9's (we are getting issued the old widow makers with the flap over the 9), gloves, 550 cord, 100 mile an hour tape. A very select few are even buying a kevlar face mask from www.mmtechweaponsystems.com it's expensive so a truck of three soliders are trying buy extra mounts and sharing the mask for whoever goes in the turret that day. These would obviously take some extra. corrispondence with the donatee, for sizes and needs but is another option if anyone was so inclined.
Posted via Mobile Device

The problem with that idea is funds. That stuff you listed in expensive. We are going to have to have a lot more planeteers step up to pull that idea off. As of right now we have had $225.00 contributed and $123 spent on goodies.

BigRedChief 11-05-2009 10:23 AM

Some of you had privately suggested RedneckRaider son's unit over in the sandbox was worthy of a package of goodies. I've communicated with RedneckRaiderr and the good news is that his son is on his way home soon.

crazycoffey 11-05-2009 10:37 AM

I realize that, and have no expectations. A box with some cigs and a "hey how are you", is absolutely a great feeling. And I am greatly honored to be mentioned in this thread. I am absolutely not trying to convay innappreciation or show a lack of gratitude.

I am buying holesters for myself and my team, I've bought them compasses and lights already, other leaders have bought me some things too, and all of this is just mostly for informational purposes. But these are out of pocket expenses for us. I merely wanted to share it with those with interests or means.

We've got a pretty smart group of posters that come up with ingenious ways to internet roast someone, they could also come up with ways to get funds if they were motivated to do so.

Hell, people working for a business that can do it could sponser a unit, there's car washes, golf/ texas hold'em tourney were some of the winnings are donated to buy things. There are other possibilities than just reaching in their own pockets.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigRedChief 11-05-2009 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyCoffey (Post 6235167)
I realize that, and have no expectations. A box with some cigs and a "hey how are you", is absolutely a great feeling. And I am greatly honored to be mentioned in this thread. I am absolutely not trying to convay innappreciation or show a lack of gratitude.

I am buying holesters for myself and my team, I've bought them compasses and lights already, other leaders have bought me some things too, and all of this is just mostly for informational purposes. But these are out of pocket expenses for us. I merely wanted to share it with those with interests or means.

We've got a pretty smart group of posters that come up with ingenious ways to internet roast someone, they could also come up with ways to get funds if they were motivated to do so.

Hell, people working for a business that can do it could sponser a unit, there's car washes, golf/ texas hold'em tourney were some of the winnings are donated to buy things. There are other possibilities than just reaching in their own pockets.
Posted via Mobile Device

I agree. I would be happy to contribute, organize and or participate in these fundraisers. Any Planeters interested but don't want to be "public" about their actions...PM me.

crazycoffey 11-05-2009 11:04 AM

Have I confessed my love for you yet BRC? Because I do love you man....

I love the planet too... Lots of awesome people post here, keep on keeping on CP!
Posted via Mobile Device

RNR 11-05-2009 05:35 PM

I would like to thank BRC for asking about my son and to those who he said had told him about my son. He is being processed back to the states and has completed his LAST tour. His fighting days are over and he will soon enter civilian life. He is my son and I could not be prouder!

joesomebody 11-05-2009 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider (Post 6236572)
I would like to thank BRC for asking about my son and to those who he said had told him about my son. He is being processed back to the states and has completed his LAST tour. His fighting days are over and he will soon enter civilian life. He is my son and I could not be prouder!

Congrats and god bless. We are all proud of him.

BigRedChief 11-05-2009 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider (Post 6236572)

No need to thank me. The whole point is that we need to thank your son and his family for their service. It is we that owe your son and everyone else's sons/duaghter/brothers/sister's etc that are putting themselfs in harms way.

BigRedChief 11-05-2009 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyCoffey (Post 6235259)
Have I confessed my love for you yet BRC? Because I do love you man....

I love the planet too... Lots of awesome people post here, keep on keeping on CP!
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm a happily married guy, but thanks for the thoughts.:rolleyes:

BigRedChief 11-09-2009 05:22 PM

Veterans Day appreciation thread:
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=217836

BigRedChief 11-11-2009 12:57 PM

2 Attachment(s)
The first package is going out tommorrow to seclark's son and his unit who are flying missions in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Since he's also a Cardinals and Chiefs fan, I've also thrown in a Cardinals book and a Chiefs button that flashes and plays the "charge" music.

seclark 11-11-2009 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 6253730)
The first package is going out tommorrow to seclark's son and his unit who are flying missions in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Since he's also a Cardinals and Chiefs fan, I've also thrown in a Cardinals book and a Chiefs button that flashes and plays the "charge" music.

you guys and gals are something else.
thanks to all.
i'll keep you posted, when he gets the package.
again...thank you.
sec

kcchuck 11-12-2009 11:24 AM

Just saw this BRC, count me in for a paypal donation. From past experience, I can tell you that a couple of big bottles of KC BBQ sauce(plastic bottles) and dry rub are big hits with the troops, nothing like a little taste of home cookin, and have no problems getting thru customs.

Send me the info for paypal, the planet has sent/helped send two different care packages to my brother's units serving in Iraq the past few years, and it's time for a little payback, I will get the Col to chip in also!

patteeu 11-12-2009 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchuck (Post 6255827)
Just saw this BRC, count me in for a paypal donation. From past experience, I can tell you that a couple of big bottles of KC BBQ sauce(plastic bottles) and dry rub are big hits with the troops, nothing like a little taste of home cookin, and have no problems getting thru customs.

Send me the info for paypal, the planet has sent/helped send two different care packages to my brother's units serving in Iraq the past few years, and it's time for a little payback, I will get the Col to chip in also!

Does Gates taste good on goat meat?

kcchuck 11-12-2009 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 6255876)
Does Gates taste good on goat meat?

Gates makes all meat taste better!