ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   2nd round pick in the 2013 Draft (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263559)

Sorter 09-12-2012 12:43 PM

2nd round pick in the 2013 Draft
 
Now, with our first pick everyone should want a QB. My question is where do you want to go with our 2nd rounder?

Bewbies 09-12-2012 10:03 PM

I'd use it to move up and get a QB.

Direckshun 09-13-2012 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 8905742)
I'd use it to move up and get a QB.

Yup.

Sorter 09-13-2012 09:50 PM

In my fictional scenario, we were able to get Tyler Wilson.

BossChief 09-20-2012 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 8905742)
I'd use it to move up and get a QB.

Yup.

But if we are drafting high enough to not need to move up...the pick needs to be a pass rusher.

We can't let qbs just sit back there and have lunch waiting for someone to get open.

The Atlanta game showed a glimpse of what could happen if we were to lose Tamba for an extended stretch.

Unsmooth-Moment 09-22-2012 07:45 PM

pass rusher or CB/FS

Black Bob 09-24-2012 11:57 AM

I doubt we use a second to move up. None of the QBs are talented enough for Pioli to do that in my opinion. They all look better on paper than they do in the games imo. If we did move up, the most we would give would be our third imo.

I'm think we go with Baccarri Rambo, FS, Georgia

He's a first round talent that has gotten in some trouble. He's probably the best safety in the draft. His suspension should be over this week. He has sat out the first four games.

This pick would be similar to the Houston pick year before last in that there is some risk involved. However, his old teammate (Houston) would be there to mentor him and keep him straight.

See Rambo highlights here:

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc....1.HmRL1Jx0IeM

Bewbies 09-24-2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBob (Post 8945769)
I doubt we use a second to move up. None of the QBs are talented enough for Pioli to do that in my opinion. They all look better on paper than they do in the games imo. If we did move up, the most we would give would be our third imo.

I'm think we go with Baccarri Rambo, FS, Georgia

He's a first round talent that has gotten in some trouble. He's probably the best safety in the draft. His suspension should be over this week. He has sat out the first four games.

This pick would be similar to the Houston pick year before last in that there is some risk involved. However, his old teammate (Houston) would be there to mentor him and keep him straight.

See Rambo highlights here:

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc....1.HmRL1Jx0IeM

http://onebit.us/x/i/N5077RZ4Y0.gif

Sorter 09-24-2012 08:53 PM

^^Yup.

You know what sucks? Even with BlackBob on ignore, he can still post in your thread.

SAUTO 09-24-2012 09:11 PM

Black bob isn't a homer either...
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorter 09-24-2012 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 8947599)
Black bob isn't a homer either...
Posted via Mobile Device

Yup. Oh, Eric Reid sucks btw in the eyes of BlackBob.

O.city 09-25-2012 07:07 PM

First, I'd take Geno Smith in the first, then I'd take his teammate Austin in the second.

Titty Meat 09-25-2012 08:45 PM

Best player.

I hope that best player is a CB or a pass rusher.

O.city 09-25-2012 08:55 PM

Yeah, probably CB or Pass rusher. Maybe a FS or a MLB.

spanky 52 09-26-2012 11:10 AM

If we get Smith in the first, I'd like S Lester of AL in the second. Lewis can't stay healthy and Lester appears to be NFL ready. CB or ILB would be okay. Gotta get a QB in the first next year or **** em.

CoMoChief 09-26-2012 01:23 PM

QB, S, CB, DL, ILB, C, OL are all needs.

saphojunkie 10-04-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spanky 52 (Post 8952238)
If we get Smith in the first, I'd like S Lester of AL in the second. Lewis can't stay healthy and Lester appears to be NFL ready. CB or ILB would be okay. Gotta get a QB in the first next year or **** em.

Find the Cam Chancellor to our Earl Thomas.

Arrow 10-09-2012 01:34 PM

If we don't have to trade up for a QB, we will still have this pick. Walterfootball has us able to get Tyler Wilson right now in the first and then take Tavon Austin in the 2nd.

DJ's left nut 10-09-2012 09:46 PM

I'd go with Murray in the 2nd, that way we'll get an actual starting quarterback from this draft...

...j/k (sorta). Ultimately if we went with a QB in the first, I'd look for a solid multi-purpose MLB in the 2nd. Belcher's serviceable, but he's the weakest starter on the field. Alternatively, I'd like to see us go after a top-tier SS so we can put Berry where he's belonged from the start, FS.

Finally, you can never have too many CBs or Ts, I would be fine with grabbing either of those if someone started sliding.

PhillyChiefFan 10-10-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 8952594)
QB, S, CB, DL, ILB, C, OL are all needs.

Sooo sad that DL is a need...

Woodchuck 10-16-2012 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 8977228)
Find the Cam Chancellor to our Earl Thomas.

We need a FS for sure. Rambo would be good value if he's there.

Chiefnj2 10-16-2012 12:09 PM

QB, S, WR, C, ILB.

Arrow 10-16-2012 12:10 PM

I amend my post from last week. That disaster against the Bucs has us picking 2nd overall now. So I guess Barkley? Unless someone goes crazy and leaves Smith on the board? WF has changed our 2nd-rounder over to patterson from Tenn.

The Pest 10-18-2012 11:52 AM

T.J. McDonald.

Woodchuck 10-18-2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9028111)
T.J. McDonald.

I haven't seen much of him. Some have him as a 1st round pick. Rambo definately would have been a first round pick until he got into trouble a couple of times. You think he's better than Rambo?

acesn8s 10-19-2012 06:47 AM

If we do get a QB the OL needs addressed whether it be improving the talent or improving the coaching. Otherwise our 1st round savior will be toast before the bye week.

Bewbies 10-19-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arrow (Post 9020569)
I amend my post from last week. That disaster against the Bucs has us picking 2nd overall now. So I guess Barkley? Unless someone goes crazy and leaves Smith on the board? WF has changed our 2nd-rounder over to patterson from Tenn.

Patterson is a stud. Would probably prefer a highly rated DB if we're at pick 33, but it'd be hard to complain about this...

spanky 52 10-20-2012 04:48 AM

A couple of names, CB Trufant of UW and ILB Skov of Stanford. Even as rookies, they'd be an upgrade at either position.

milkman 10-20-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acesn8s (Post 9030073)
If we do get a QB the OL needs addressed whether it be improving the talent or improving the coaching. Otherwise our 1st round savior will be toast before the bye week.

Are you ****ing joking?

This is one of the top pass blocking O-Lines in the league.

Useless ****ing QBs are the reason for "pressure".

A good QB has the ball out of his hands well before this "pressure" with the protection this line provides.

ArrowheadMagic 10-21-2012 09:30 AM

Using Walters draft. Tony Jefferson S, moves Lewis to a backup role, plays the run like a LB but can also cover and makes plays on the ball.

DJ's left nut 10-21-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9032764)
Are you ****ing joking?

This is one of the top pass blocking O-Lines in the league.

Useless ****ing QBs are the reason for "pressure".

A good QB has the ball out of his hands well before this "pressure" with the protection this line provides.

Don't forget your audience here.

It's the Kansas City Chiefs fanbase. Its simply impossible for these guys to believe that our quarterbacks routinely suck. It's always because "HE JUST NEEDS MORE TIME!!!"

The O-Line fascination for fans of this franchise will never cease to amaze me.

Unsmooth-Moment 10-21-2012 04:02 PM

I want a qb, fs, then ilb in the first 3 rounds.

KCFaninSEA 10-21-2012 04:12 PM

I can remember the experts saying, at the beginning of the seaon, that the Chiefs had filled all of their holes with this seasons draft and FA class. I see holes every where in both sides of the ball. QB, WR and TE on offense. DE, SS, CB and ML on defense. I'm ok with the OL and will wait and see on Poe. Our outside LB's are great. I just can't get over some of the talent we have passed on to get the non talent we have, over the last 3-4 drafts.

BigChiefFan 10-22-2012 12:35 AM

TE/CB/WR/SS

O.city 10-22-2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9036124)
Don't forget your audience here.

It's the Kansas City Chiefs fanbase. Its simply impossible for these guys to believe that our quarterbacks routinely suck. It's always because "HE JUST NEEDS MORE TIME!!!"

The O-Line fascination for fans of this franchise will never cease to amaze me.

People don't fully realize how bad the QB situation is here and how much it affects other parts of the team.


Defense has continually been put in god awful positions by turnovers, guys think they have to do too much to make big plays and make up for a shitty qb, etc.


If you put a Sam Bradford behind this line, with his accuracy, we would wreck shit.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.