ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Stan Kroenke buys Largest Ranch in Texas (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=298146)

loochy 02-10-2016 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 12075362)
wonder what is on those parcels not owned by the estate.

a look at google maps reveals a bunch of nothing

my guess is a while back there were some landowners that wouldn't sell and they (or their heirs) still haven't sold

Perineum Ripper 02-10-2016 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 12074687)
That's 384,000 acres. There better be more than 500 critters on there. Even at 20 acres per head that's 19,200 cows. I know buffalo are different but man. Not that different.

I would go on a killing spree just so I didn't have to fence that place or drive out and look for newborn calves

kepp 02-10-2016 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 12075379)
Poco Bueno died November 28, 1969. Mr. Waggoner left specific instructions in his will that Poco Bueno was to be buried in a standing position in a grave across from the ranch entrance on Texas Highway 283. The plot of ground was landscaped with trees and grass. A granite marker, weighing four tons, was engraved with his name, picture and the inscription Champion and Sire of Champions. In 1990, Poco Bueno was inducted into the American Quarter Horse Hall of Fame.

And Stan is gonna move him.

eDave 02-10-2016 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 12075407)

Really? That's shitty.

SAUTO 02-10-2016 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 12075415)
Really? That's shitty.

Just my opinion here, never knew to ask anyone that question but I will, but

No ****ing way. He takes ranching seriously.

Btw I think the post was a joke.

kepp 02-10-2016 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12075479)
Just my opinion here, never knew to ask anyone that question but I will, but

No ****ing way. He takes ranching seriously.

Btw I think the post was a joke.

It was, in fact, a joke.

eDave 02-10-2016 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 12075502)
It was, in fact, a joke.

ROFL

Whoosh!

http://33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0...1p3so1_500.gif

Mennonite 02-10-2016 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 12075407)

http://i.imgur.com/6d2nA0p.jpg

Hydrae 02-10-2016 04:06 PM

King's Ranch is larger but not privately owned and not bordered by a single fence. It is those two things that differentiate it from the Waggoner Ranch that Stan just bought.

As to large counties, I thought that Coconino county in Arizona was the largest in the country at about 18.5K square miles but it turns out that San Bernadino is larger at a little over 20K square miles. Both are larger than Rhode Island though. :)

srvy 02-10-2016 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 12075223)
Forget a Hollywood mansion, that sounds nice to me. Wide open spaces, peace and quiet, nobody around for many miles. Plenty of room for whatever you want to do. Sounds great.

I wonder if he will even spend much time there. My Mom after she retired was hired by a lady who was one of the richest women in our area at the time. She handled her personal affairs did bookkeeping and such. She owned so many cattle ranches and oil interests in Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado and Montana. Mom asked her once if she had even seen these properties. She told her heavens no and never planned to. She lived the winters Hawaii and Costa Rica came back to Mission Hills Ks in Summer and this huge house she lived in was only occupied by Mom a Butler and Driver who were always payed on staff in case she did come to KC for business in Winter. She was old money but nice Lady dead now and Daughter is in charge.

Buehler445 02-10-2016 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 12075801)
I wonder if he will even spend much time there. My Mom after she retired was hired by a lady who was one of the richest women in our area at the time. She handled her personal affairs did bookkeeping and such. She owned so many cattle ranches and oil interests in Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado and Montana. Mom asked her once if she had even seen these properties. She told her heavens no and never planned to. She lived the winters Hawaii and Costa Rica came back to Mission Hills Ks in Summer and this huge house she lived in was only occupied by Mom a Butler and Driver who were always payed on staff in case she did come to KC for business in Winter. She was old money but nice Lady dead now and Daughter is in charge.

Must be nice. I have a couple landlords that hadn't seen their physical asset until 2014, but they're not rich as ****.

Easy 6 02-10-2016 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 12075801)

Theres an epic, sweeping movie saga in there somewhere

Wives across the nation would weep with joy and anguish

highBOLTage 02-10-2016 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 12075346)
This is just a ploy to meet Chip and Joanna. Is it close enough to Waco?

That's gonna be a good episode.

Chip: You guys stole this property for $700M and with you guys's all in budget of $1 billion that leaves us $300M.
*couple hundred million dollars of shiplap later*
Joanna: Stan, you ready to see your fixer-upper?

DaFace 02-10-2016 09:01 PM

It makes me sad that he owns my hockey team.

SAUTO 02-10-2016 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 12076015)
It makes me sad that he owns my hockey team.

Actually his wife owns that team:D