ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Eric Fisher displays top-10 talent; major red flag on Justin Pugh (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269210)

the Talking Can 01-23-2013 08:41 AM

Quote:

Oklahoma QB Landry Jones had a mediocre day. He could not throw an accurate out route during the WR drills. The QB coach pulled him aside as well to work on his throwing stance and lessen the distance between his feet but he did not seem to adapt much to this. Had a fumbled exchange with Dalton Freeman at one point as well. Arm strength looked solid but was all over the place in terms of accuracy
http://www.draftcountdown.com/featur.../South-122.php

notorious 01-23-2013 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9343788)
Landry's too shitty. Put him in the toilet.

the Talking Can 01-23-2013 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9343787)
Anything about this? Zobel is a reerun, so I'm expecting Russ Lande garbage

missed it...at the end he said we should draft jockstrap....so, a joke

notorious 01-23-2013 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9343791)

That's the Landry we know.

RealSNR 01-23-2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9343793)
missed it...at the end he said we should draft jockstrap....so, a joke

Of course he did :facepalm:

the Talking Can 01-23-2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

• North Carolina St. QB Mike Glennon appears to be the best quarterback in Mobile this year by a fair margin. At least so far. That’s not to say Glennon has been perfect at all times but the positives have outweighed the negatives and he is an easy guy to fall in love with due to that size and effortless arm strength.

• If Glennon is the best quarterback at the 2013 Senior Bowl then Ryan Nassib of Syracuse might be second. Nassib, who spins a pretty ball and can make all of the throws, had some good moments and some bad as well but he was more consistent than Dysert or anyone on the South. But is that enough to get Nassib into Round 1?
http://www.draftcountdown.com/featur.../North-122.php

notorious 01-23-2013 08:45 AM

Nassib.

I didn't watch him play, but have heard good things.

What do you guys know about him?

ChiefMojo 01-23-2013 08:45 AM

These scout guys are scared to death of these QB's at #1 plain and simple. Hopefully trading down is our best option per them.

Of the second rounders, Nassib seems to be the best and fits the WCO.

the Talking Can 01-23-2013 08:47 AM

these QB evaluations are just all over the place...

DaKCMan AP 01-23-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 9343789)
I'd rather have Nassib than Jones in the second. Jones crumbles like a cheap lawn chair with adversity.

I'd rather have Dysert than Nassib. I don't get the Nassib love. I watched a few of his games on youtube and was very unimpressed.

ChiefMojo 01-23-2013 08:50 AM

Nassib is pretty good with the short to mid-range throws but lofts the ball to much on deep balls. Reason scouts think he is perfect for the WCO offense. Guess Dysert is all over the place at the Senior Bowl... More of a footwork issue.

Again these Scouts are gun shy of these QB's. Slightly better than the Gabbert/Ponder/Locker class.

dallaschiefsfan 01-23-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9343787)
Anything about this? Zobel is a reerun, so I'm expecting Russ Lande garbage

Here's what I wrote in another thread:

Basically said Wilson is impressive...still doesn't think he's worth the first pick unless Chiefs trade back...but said he's easily the best in Mobile. Doesn't like Geno...thinks he's erratic and should have helped his stock by playing in the Senior Bowl. Also said that if we can't trade out of the first pick, we should maybe take Joekel or one of the pass rushers.

What I take from this is that if Wilson delivers in real play in the SB and doesn't do anything that diminishes his stock at the combine, he's our guy...because I have more faith that the Chiefs will take a QB than what these draft "experts" are saying. The positional value HAS to figure into your BPA value.

suds79 01-23-2013 09:01 AM

I saw Trufant a couple of times this last year. Kid seems like he can play.

CB is arguably our 2nd biggest need on the team. Assuming we go QB in the first, he'd be a strong choice in the 2nd if he lasts that long. Will be interesting to see how projections look as we get closer to the draft.

It's fun to talk QB but we can't forget that CB is another must draft position coming up.

RealSNR 01-23-2013 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9343827)
I saw Trufant a couple of times this last year. Kid seems like he can play.

CB is arguably our 2nd biggest need on the team. Assuming we go QB in the first, he'd be a strong choice in the 2nd if he lasts that long. Will be interesting to see how projections look as we get closer to the draft.

It's fun to talk QB but we can't forget that CB is another must draft position coming up.

I don't see many mock drafts where the Chiefs don't have a huge crop of very talented CBs to choose from with their 2nd rounder. If I'm going by "position" that's absolutely where I would look with that pick.

htismaqe 01-23-2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9343804)
these QB evaluations are just all over the place...

Yep.