ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs 2013 Compensatory Draft Picks Prediction (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269213)

malachi47000 01-23-2013 09:20 AM

2013 Compensatory Draft Picks Prediction

Kansas City
The Kansas City Chiefs lost Kyle Orton who is canceled out by Kevin Boss
The Kansas City Chiefs lost Le’Ron McClain who is canceled out by Peyton Hillis
The Kansas City Chiefs lost Brandon Carr and signed Brady Quinn but because of the difference in the contract signed the Chiefs will receive a 7th round pick
The Kansas City Chiefs will receive a 7th round pick due to their record

http://www.detroitlionsdraft.com/201...satory-pick/2/

That would suck to have lost Carr for a 7th round pick...**** YOU PIOLI

BossChief 01-23-2013 09:24 AM

Boss, Routt and Winston don't matter at all in comp picks because they were cut.

Iirc we should get 2 comp picks and because of Carrs playtime and contract amount, we should get a third rounder for him.

We should get that and a 6th or 7th rounder.

Old Dog 01-23-2013 09:28 AM

Holy Crap, those are some asinine predictions.

Sorter 01-23-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9343864)
Boss, Routt and Winston don't matter at all in comp picks because they were cut.

Iirc we should get 2 comp picks and because of Carrs playtime and contract amount, we should get a third rounder for him.

We should get that and a 6th or 7th rounder.

This. We could potentially get 3 7ths for Orton, Battle, and McClain due to Orton's contract and the other two's playtime

Strongside 01-23-2013 09:32 AM

An extra 3rd would be awesome. More draft picks are never a bad thing.

HolyHat 01-23-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9343871)
This. We could potentially get 3 7ths for Orton, Battle, and McClain due to Orton's contract and the other two's playtime

Yes, Sorter you are correct my friend. We will get at least two extra 7th round picks and potentially three.

We will for sure have an extra 3rd round pick for Carr.:thumb:

Sorter 01-23-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @KCsporting (Post 9343891)
Yes, Sorter you are correct my friend. We will get at least two extra 7th round picks and potentially three.

We will for sure have an extra 3rd round pick for Carr.:thumb:

Nom nom nom.

Now we need 3 solid players to go full Dennard for our 7th round. ROFL

RealSNR 01-23-2013 09:46 AM

Well they ARE the Detroit Lions...

Sorter 01-23-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9343914)
Well they ARE the Detroit Lions...

LMAO

Hoover 01-23-2013 09:50 AM

the original prediction is stupid.

If Fat Scott did one thing right last year it was signing guys who were cut by other teams. Now they didn't work out but they were viewed as upgrades at the time (sums up Fat Scott's entire time in KC).

Getting a third rounder for Carr would be huge, and frankly thats the only one that really matter. That is a pick that can really help this team. Its a nice spot to grab a DB, LB, or OL. Hell its also a nice spot to grab a developmental QB, God knows the we need as many as we can get.

I'm not trashing the additional 7th rounders we could get, but they could struggle to make the roaster. Still its a nice way to stack the practice squad.

Sorter 01-23-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 9343926)

If Fat Scott did one thing right last year it was signing guys who were cut by other teams. Now they didn't work out but they were viewed as upgrades at the time (sums up Fat Scott's entire time in KC).

Getting a third rounder for Carr would be huge, and frankly thats the only one that really matter. That is a pick that can really help this team. Its a nice spot to grab a DB, LB, or OL. Hell its also a nice spot to grab a developmental QB, God knows the we need as many as we can get.

I'm not trashing the additional 7th rounders we could get, but they could struggle to make the roaster. Still its a nice way to stack the practice squad.

Which is why we need solid prospects to fall due to going full Dennard.

We should hire someone to travel to bars and get these top players to kick their ass and record it; thus ensuring they'll fall to us in the 7th. It's a foolproof plan.

I vote we hire BlackBob. I'm sure he could come up with some racist things to say to Jarvis Jones that would warrant an ass-beating.

FlaChief58 01-23-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 9343926)

Hell, if we have 4 7th round picks and just one of those earns a spot on the roster, I'd call that a victory

Hoover 01-23-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9343940)
Which is why we need solid prospects to fall due to going full Dennard.

We should hire someone to travel to bars and get these top players to kick their ass and record it; thus ensuring they'll fall to us in the 7th. It's a foolproof plan.

I vote we hire BlackBob. I'm sure he could come up with some racist things to say to Jarvis Jones that would warrant an ass-beating.

I'm told I can be an a$$hole, so I'm in.

When do you want me to start?

Sorter 01-23-2013 10:02 AM

http://draftbreakdown.com/wp-content...ontremoore.jpg

Your first objective. Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to sufficiently piss off Damontre Moore and get him to beat you with his oversized fists. It must be recorded.
We can then use this as damning info to everyone but Dorsey + Reid, who will smile, plot, and cackle deviously. Then we draft him in the 7th.

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/plo...38_1497015.jpg

the Talking Can 01-23-2013 10:10 AM

burfict was a UDFA pick up for the bengals last year

i wouldn't have touched him with black bob's uncle's penis....so he had 127 tackles this year

we need to use those 7ths on guys who are maximal risk/reward...screw fighting for them after the draft