ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Cardinals ***Official 2014 STL Cardinals thread part II*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285384)

'Hamas' Jenkins 08-04-2014 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10792950)
I have no clue on the level of where you are at with baseball stats but it seems to me that some stats are misleading.

Rosenthal will miss location sometimes. But his fastball has a lot of movement on it so hitters don't square it up and hit a home run.

WAR stats have so many higher value than the actual worth and vice versa with over inflated WAR.

Sinkerball pitchers with a better defense will obviously have better stats but he will not be a better pitcher than one with a sub par defense.

What's scary with Rosenthal is that far fewer batters chase his pitches out of the zone than last year. That means he works deeper counts and has to give hitters more hittable pitches. Combine that with a downturn in velocity and you have more walks and runners.

'Hamas' Jenkins 08-05-2014 08:49 PM

That umpire is a worthless ****ing shit**** of regurgitated mule ejaculate.

Jewish Rabbi 08-05-2014 08:50 PM

He's the new McClellan. This sack of shit is always in the middle of some controversy.

BigRedChief 08-05-2014 09:54 PM

That was a damn good victory. Since last Friday when they came back to put up a couple of runs when down 7 runs or so in the bottom of the 9th this team is taking on a different look and feel.

It looks like a team thats playing with more passion. Not phoning it in when they get behind or choke in key situations earlier in the game. OT is a good example. Choked with the bases loaded earlier but came back and kept the rally going.

Maybe just maybe Lackey and AJ are bringing a harder edge into the locker room.

Swanman 08-06-2014 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10797108)
That was a damn good victory. Since last Friday when they came back to put up a couple of runs when down 7 runs or so in the bottom of the 9th this team is taking on a different look and feel.

It looks like a team thats playing with more passion. Not phoning it in when they get behind or choke in key situations earlier in the game. OT is a good example. Choked with the bases loaded earlier but came back and kept the rally going.

Maybe just maybe Lackey and AJ are bringing a harder edge into the locker room.

When AJ scored late in the game, you could see 110% passion coming from him. Obviously he wants to beat the BoSox more than any other team right now, but I like that kind of passion wherever I can get it.

'Hamas' Jenkins 08-06-2014 12:05 PM

Three goddamned runs ain't good enough. Passion or not, this team needs to start plating mother****ers.

BigRedChief 08-06-2014 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10797739)
Three goddamned runs ain't good enough. Passion or not, this team needs to start plating mother****ers.

I agree. Not saying we are gold, just that we are on a better track. We have 2 months to get our act together.

'Hamas' Jenkins 08-06-2014 08:05 PM

I know it probably had to be done, but it just makes me sick to see Kelly in a Red Sox uniform. He's one of the most likable Cardinal players I can remember.

'Hamas' Jenkins 08-06-2014 08:44 PM

That's one of the worst calls I've ever seen.

BigRedChief 08-06-2014 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10798701)
That's one of the worst calls I've ever seen.

OT is running right on top of the white line. Where is he suppose to run?

The ump has to think he threw up his arm to knock the ball away, But obviously that didn't happen.

'Hamas' Jenkins 08-06-2014 09:57 PM

This is an offensive Holocaust.

'Hamas' Jenkins 08-06-2014 10:03 PM

**** Trevor Rosenthal.

bdj23 08-06-2014 10:09 PM

I know Rosenthal is leading the league in saves.. But mother ****, he has to be up there in blown saves too.

kcpasco 08-06-2014 10:18 PM

Borjous had one damn job there and could not do it.

'Hamas' Jenkins 08-06-2014 10:24 PM

Matheny not using Neshek there was absolutely idiotic. Then not telling Bourjos to run no matter what was just as stupid.