ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

SAUTO 09-30-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8961221)
No, it's not my opinion. It's the opinion of every draft expert that has not agreed to Geno Smith being a consensus #1 even against Barkley.

But continue to keep your head in the sand that he's a perfect prospect with no risk or flaws.

what the **** are you talking about? RG3 wasn't a consensus FIRST ROUNDER at this point last year. You are talking out your ass
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501 09-30-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 8961351)
what the **** are you talking about? RG3 wasn't a consensus FIRST ROUNDER at this point last year. You are talking out your ass
Posted via Mobile Device

RGIII was a good not elite player in 2010. He moved up the draft board once he started to produce and prove he wasn't a fluke.

Geno Smith had an outstanding season last season. We're not learning a whole lot more about him this year that we didn't know last year.

Again, I believe Geno will be the #1 rated prospect. I believe he will be a #1 pick, and he should be. But he isn't the prospect RGIII was.

RealSNR 09-30-2012 11:47 AM

Awesome. Looks like we're not going to have to trade anything to get Geno Smith after all.

Eyes on the prize, boys

SAUTO 09-30-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8961409)
RGIII was a good not elite player in 2010. He moved up the draft board once he started to produce and prove he wasn't a fluke.

Geno Smith had an outstanding season last season. We're not learning a whole lot more about him this year that we didn't know last year.

Again, I believe Geno will be the #1 rated prospect. I believe he will be a #1 pick, and he should be. But he isn't the prospect RGIII was.

At the same point in their respective seasons Smith is a BETTER prospect than RG3 was.

What part of "he wasn't even a consensus first rounder at this point last year" did you not understand?
Posted via Mobile Device

RealSNR 09-30-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8961409)

RGIII's arm was above average. If it weren't for Andrew Luck, I think he would have had one of the best arms of any QB in the draft since Aaron Rodgers. He's that good.

Geno Smith's arm is better than RGIII's.

I can appreciate somebody who prefers RGIII to Geno Smith. That's a fair assessment. I disagree with it, but it's fair.

doomy3 09-30-2012 11:53 AM

We may be bad enough to get this guy.

SAUTO 09-30-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3 (Post 8961478)
We may be bad enough to get this guy.

Might be the best thing to ever happen to this franchise
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501 09-30-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8961439)
RGIII's arm was above average. If it weren't for Andrew Luck, I think he would have had one of the best arms of any QB in the draft since Aaron Rodgers. He's that good.

Geno Smith's arm is better than RGIII's.

I can appreciate somebody who prefers RGIII to Geno Smith. That's a fair assessment. I disagree with it, but it's fair.

Thank you. I would agree with you here.

As a pocket QB, I like Geno Smith better than RGIII. I love Geno's upside. But any time you have a guy you project to be a pocket NFL QB, you take on some risk if he has limited experience running a pro style offense. A risk worth taking, but that separates him from a prospect like RGIII who I believe can win games purely on his legs (if he has to).

doomy3 09-30-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 8961494)
Might be the best thing to ever happen to this franchise
Posted via Mobile Device

Yep. I'm in.

SAUTO 09-30-2012 12:03 PM

RG3 would get killed if they have to rely on him to win games with his legs
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501 09-30-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 8961675)
RG3 would get killed if they have to rely on him to win games with his legs
Posted via Mobile Device

I am not talking about making him a running QB like Vick.
I'm not even talking about making him a stand in the pocket and get beat up QB like Big Ben.

I am talking about a guy who has an elite ability to make plays on the move. You can absolutely revolve an offense for him where he's rolling out and moving around the pocket. Like I said, that's his downside. His upside is that he becomes a good enough pocket QB that you don't need to do that. I think he's good enough to be a good pocket QB. But you have a bailout if he's average at that. That's why he was a surefire prospect.

jtfris 09-30-2012 12:11 PM

Let see him do it against, Texas, OU, and K-State. Was in the Big Least last year and played only the worst D in the Big 12 -4 +2 so far.

SAUTO 09-30-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8961752)
I am not talking about making him a running QB like Vick.
I'm not even talking about making him a stand in the pocket and get beat up QB like Big Ben.

I am talking about a guy who has an elite ability to make plays on the move. You can absolutely revolve an offense for him where he's rolling out and moving around the pocket. Like I said, that's his downside. His upside is that he becomes a good enough pocket QB that you don't need to do that. I think he's good enough to be a good pocket QB. But you have a bailout if he's average at that. That's why he was a surefire prospect.

Again if he has to run around trying to extend plays he is going to get killed. He doesn't have the build to withstand abuse imo.
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman 09-30-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8960823)
Sorry, I don't give hand jobs to every QB prospect that comes in the door.

I have never once said I wouldn't draft Geno Smith. I love the guy. Have been on his bandwagon for a year.

But this hand jobbing that he's a bulletproof prospect or that he's in RGIII or Luck's class is ridiculous. Right now he is a system QB with a terrific skill set and limited flaws in his game. But you can't say he can succeed in an NFL pro style offense until he actually plays in one.

Perhaps you should read the thread.

Saccofshit has described the offense that Smith played well in in his freshman year, and it was closer to resembling a pro style than anything that RGIII played in at Baylor.

Now stop spouting shit like you know a ****ing thing about anything.

milkman 09-30-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 8961866)
Again if he has to run around trying to extend plays he is going to get killed. He doesn't have the build to withstand abuse imo.
Posted via Mobile Device

geno Smith is bigger and stronger than RGIII, you ****ing idiot.