ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   The Declaration Of Independence, MO - The People vs. Matthew Gus Brennan Cassel (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261629)

saphojunkie 07-22-2012 11:27 AM

Josh Looney was writing an article this week about how great Baldwin was at minicamp. He wrote that "There were acrobatic catches, leaping grabs and toe-touch finishes."

At first I thought "Great! Jon Baldwin is going to blow up!"

Then I realized...why is Cassel throwing passes so high that a 6'4 receiver with a 40 inch vertical has to LEAP for it? Or go to his toes?

Cassel throwing over people's heads and at their feet. Yay.

New offensive schemes has Wylie and McCluster running mirror patterns in front of Bowe and Baldwin. That way, if Cassel throws to a small guy, Bowe/Baldwin are there for the 8 foot overthrow. Vice versa for Cassel throwing at the tall wide receivers' feet.

Hammock Parties 07-22-2012 12:32 PM

The Reddit thread on this is fantastic.

Quote:

You see what happens. Belichick doesn't mess around.

Hurt Brady? You get Cassel. Beat us consistently? We send Josh McDaniels to destroy your team. Disrespect from the city of Cleveland? Your ****ing team goes to Baltimore.

OnTheWarpath15 07-22-2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8759150)
He lost to Fitzpatrick when Fitzpatrick threw for 86 yards. LMAO

And the Chiefs ran for 152 yards in that game.

I bet you can guess which game this is.

Oh, yes. The game in which Mr. Wonderful threw for 4 INT's and a QBR under 40 and told the media he graded out perfectly.

Al Bundy 07-22-2012 12:37 PM

Yet Casshole is better at his job than you are at yours Claynus.

Ace Gunner 07-22-2012 12:37 PM

"You see what happens. Belichick doesn't mess around.

Hurt Brady? You get Cassel. Beat us consistently? We send Josh McDaniels to destroy your team. Disrespect from the city of Cleveland? Your ****ing team goes to Baltimore"

ROFL

Hammock Parties 07-22-2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 8759361)
Yet Casshole is better at his job than you are at yours Claynus.

Really? Because I just got a raise. I'm pretty sure Cassel's yearly salary is on the decline, barring stupidity from our GM.

Ace Gunner 07-22-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 8759204)
Josh Looney was writing an article this week about how great Baldwin was at minicamp. He wrote that "There were acrobatic catches, leaping grabs and toe-touch finishes."

Then I realized...why is Cassel throwing passes so high that a 6'4 receiver with a 40 inch vertical has to LEAP for it? Or go to his toes?

New offensive schemes has Wylie and McCluster running mirror patterns in front of Bowe and Baldwin. That way, if Cassel throws to a small guy, Bowe/Baldwin are there for the 8 foot overthrow. Vice versa for Cassel throwing at the tall wide receivers' feet.

"toe-touch finishes" referring to toe dragging to stay in bounds imo. Also, they want Baldwin to be that ally oop guy in the paint. Not disagreeing Cassel could miss fish in a barrel though. Idiot telegraphs every throw, maybe his inaccuracy is a shield from INT's. I've seen opposing DB's shake their head after a pass play that was way off target. Like, wtf.

Hammock Parties 07-22-2012 02:19 PM

YES! YES!!!!

http://i.imgur.com/KAabH.jpg

Baby Lee 07-22-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8759609)

But he more than makes up for it with inaccuracy and poor decision making.

Hammock Parties 07-22-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 8759713)
But he more than makes up for it with inaccuracy and poor decision making.

"Well, we couldn't block, but we made up for it by not tackling."

lcarus 07-22-2012 03:11 PM

Yep, Cassel sucks. Tell us all something we don't know dude. You could get a million signatures on a petition and Pioli wouldn't give a shit. Neither would CHunt.

splatbass 07-22-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 8759204)

Without actually seeing them we have no way of knowing whether they were bad throws or if Baldwin was heavily covered and that was the only way to get the ball where he could catch it. I know everyone hates Cassel, but there is no reason to make assumptions.

King_Chief_Fan 07-22-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8759370)
Really? Because I just got a raise. I'm pretty sure Cassel's yearly salary is on the decline, barring stupidity from our GM.

you got a raise due to the minimum wage rate increase......what is it you do?

RunKC 07-22-2012 05:58 PM

Does anyone have the gif of Cassel in the Ravens playoff game where he had like 10 seconds in the pocket and threw the INT? I believe it was in the late 3rd quarter.

RealSNR 07-22-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 8759850)
Without actually seeing them we have no way of knowing whether they were bad throws or if Baldwin was heavily covered and that was the only way to get the ball where he could catch it. I know everyone hates Cassel, but there is no reason to make assumptions.

:facepalm:

Did you ****ing READ the OP?