ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Anchorman 2 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259742)

DaFace 02-24-2014 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 10451635)
I don't see this as being anywhere close to genius, outside the box, or risky. They picked up the scraps they didn't feel were good enough to serve you in the first place, and are charging you for it. There is also no risk either, as it cost them basically nothing to make.

I'm not saying it won't be good, but there's just nothing genius about it.

I don't think the product itself will be genius, but I think the idea is fascinating and will probably see it myself. It's like getting to watch an entire movie of deleted scenes.

It won't be as good as the original, but it'll still be really interesting to watch.

Anyong Bluth 02-24-2014 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 10451635)
I don't see this as being anywhere close to genius, outside the box, or risky. They picked up the scraps they didn't feel were good enough to serve you in the first place, and are charging you for it. There is also no risk either, as it cost them basically nothing to make.

I'm not saying it won't be good, but there's just nothing genius about it.

I'm speaking to the idea that when you improv each scene 4-5 times each, there's gonna be funny shit left on the editing floor. That being the difference- most takes are essentially the same thing.

Curb your Enthusiasm shoots like this also, based off a bone script of plot scenes and storyline. Louie CK's show has a bit more of a fleshed out dialogue, but will run improv scene takes for guys he thinks can actually bring something to the episode.

I'd love to see all the tons of film they have in the can over the course of show that's never seen the light of day because it didn't make final edit.

As a fan of the cast in general, all being funny guys, it's a cool idea to turn your outtakes into another cohesive full feature. Its a creative means of presenting additional content for those interested. That's all.

Anyong Bluth 02-24-2014 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 10451642)
I don't think the product itself will be genius, but I think the idea is fascinating and will probably see it myself. It's like getting to watch an entire movie of deleted scenes.

It won't be as good as the original, but it'll still be really interesting to watch.

Exactly. I'm more enamored with the concept.

DaFace 02-24-2014 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10451769)
Exactly. I'm more enamored with the concept.

Precisely.

ThaVirus 02-25-2014 12:46 AM

This movie was pretty funny but holy hell was that last third atrocious! If not for the cameos in the battle scene, I don't think I would have laughed a single time.

Meagan Good and Tina Fey, though. Mmm mmm mmmmmmmmm.

unlurking 02-25-2014 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10451767)
I'm speaking to the idea that when you improv each scene 4-5 times each, there's gonna be funny shit left on the editing floor. That being the difference- most takes are essentially the same thing.

Curb your Enthusiasm shoots like this also, based off a bone script of plot scenes and storyline. Louie CK's show has a bit more of a fleshed out dialogue, but will run improv scene takes for guys he thinks can actually bring something to the episode.

I'd love to see all the tons of film they have in the can over the course of show that's never seen the light of day because it didn't make final edit.

As a fan of the cast in general, all being funny guys, it's a cool idea to turn your outtakes into another cohesive full feature. Its a creative means of presenting additional content for those interested. That's all.

No, I agree with all that. It's just not anything new/genius/risky. I love this kind of stuff too. I still haven't seen the original A2 yet, but will likely check this out too when I get around to it. Although I'm guessing the amount of new material that is also as good, or nearly as good as what was not cut, will not be enough to fill a movie. The best ones would likely be a nice 20 - 30 minute outtakes segment on the bluray.

Deberg_1990 12-11-2014 11:22 PM

Watched on Netflix tonight.

Awesome stuff! The news anchor fight might be the most surreal thing I've ever seen. Loved it!

BWillie 12-12-2014 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 11186297)
Watched on Netflix tonight.

Awesome stuff! The news anchor fight might be the most surreal thing I've ever seen. Loved it!

I was pretty disappointed. Maybe it will grow on me. I know the first one did. The first half of the movie actually is pretty good but it pretty much stops being funny about half way thru...and I thought the news anchor fight was really poorly dine in this one and not funny at all

Deberg_1990 12-12-2014 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 11186371)
I was pretty disappointed. Maybe it will grow on me. I know the first one did. The first half of the movie actually is pretty good but it pretty much stops being funny about half way thru...and I thought the news anchor fight was really poorly dine in this one and not funny at all

Netflix actually has 2 versions of the movie. I watched the theatrical cut. There is an expanded cut that adds like 20 minutes.

penguinz 12-12-2014 08:36 AM

One of the dumbest movies I have ever seen. Would have been more enjoyable snorting rock salt.

Dayze 12-12-2014 08:48 AM

I didn't enjoy the 2nd one hardly at all. Though, when I watched the 1st one for th first time, I didn't like it either. but now I love it.

maybe I need to give it a re-watch.

Pepe Silvia 12-12-2014 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 11186570)
One of the dumbest movies I have ever seen. Would have been more enjoyable snorting rock salt.

It was terrible.

DaveNull 12-12-2014 09:34 PM

Quote:

The first half is being generous, but the first 20 minutes were really funny. Pretty bad. I wouldn't watch it again...the shit's not zoolander.

Deberg_1990 12-12-2014 11:19 PM

Quote:

The Doby the shark bit probably ran a little long.

Pepe Silvia 12-13-2014 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 11188188)
The Doby the shark bit probably ran a little long.

They went overboard with the cameos in that scene.