ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Fine, let's talk about Van Noy. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=282523)

Direckshun 03-23-2014 07:47 PM

Fine, let's talk about Van Noy.

M'alright.

I was going to make a thread running down all the essentials on this guy and opening it up for discussion, but RunKC has to steal my thunder.

So.

Kyle Van Noy at 23. Do you, or do you not pull the trigger.

Bowser 03-23-2014 07:51 PM

I'm not sure on this kid. All I know for sure is that are options are looking better and better at 23 all the time.

Bowser 03-23-2014 07:55 PM

I know nothing about him, so here are some vids to get acclimated to...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/y2tL4xUZP_8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

No embed -
http://youtu.be/9EDaiV0VoBM

Bowser 03-23-2014 07:59 PM

This kid looks explosive as ****. Great instincts, fast, lays the wood.

RunKC might be on to something.

staylor26 03-23-2014 08:36 PM

If Haha, Cooks, Lee, or Beckham are there then I say no. I wouldn't be upset with the pick either way though. Really like him and feel he's being underrated.

RunKC 03-23-2014 08:40 PM

Dee Ford can go **** himself. KVN is the ****ing man and can do everything. He's not some ****ing one-trick pony.

I swear to God this defense will RAPE if we get this kid. When I think of a piece needed to help beat the Donkeys, I think of this kid hitting Manning every time.

staylor26 03-23-2014 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 10512345)
Dee Ford can go **** himself. KVN is the ****ing man and can do everything. He's not some ****ing one-trick pony.

I swear to God this defense will RAPE if we get this kid. When I think of a piece needed to help beat the Donkeys, I think of this kid hitting Manning every time.

It really does add an interesting dimension to the defense. Lining up in sub packages with Walker/catapano, Poe, Hali, Houston, DJ, Van Noy, and Berry gives you a lot of flexibility in your play calling.

Saccopoo 03-23-2014 08:46 PM

I'd post some positives, but I've already done so umpteenmillion times on Van Noy.

As I've previously stated multiple times, at the same stage, his game is exceedingly similar to Derrick Johnson, but Van Noy plays longer and is better at taking on blockers than DJ at the same point (last year in college). I think he has a better first step as well.

Very similar against the pass, as Van Noy is very adept at dropping back into coverage.

He's the most instinctive and polished player in this draft, IMO.

Saccopoo 03-23-2014 08:47 PM

Oh, and this is his fiancée:

http://coedbc.files.wordpress.com/20...-miss-utah.jpg

planetdoc 03-23-2014 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10512234)
Kyle Van Noy at 23. Do you, or do you not pull the trigger.

what position do you see him playing?

I dont think he is suited as a S-ILB.
He seems a little undersized for 3-4 OLB (Hali is a prototypical 275lbs, while Houston is listed as 258lbs).

I think he would be best suited for DJ's role at W-ILB.
DJ is under contract through 2015.

RunKC 03-23-2014 08:54 PM

I really do think that this kid can put this defense at another level this year. I really do.

The absolute worst thing that can happen is that he doesn't have success as a pass rusher on the edge and becomes the next DJ at ILB for this defense for years to come.

I agree with Sac in that he's the most instinctive and polished player, but on defense. He's no one-trick pony. This guy is an above-average player in every facet.

That's something that is extremely difficult to find.

planetdoc 03-23-2014 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10512357)
As I've previously stated multiple times, at the same stage, his game is exceedingly similar to Derrick Johnson

Hadnt read your post yet, when I made mine. I agree with you. Van Noy would be wasted on the chiefs since DJ is under contract for the next 2yrs. DJ played 1038 snaps in 2013 according to PFF, so I dont think he necessarily needs to be in a rotation. I also dont know if it would be wise having 2 W-ILB (i.e. DJs) on the field at the same time. I think Van Noy's talents would be wasted (along with his body) taking on blockers for DJ to clean up by playing a S-ILB position.

BossChief 03-23-2014 09:01 PM

This guy won't get drafted until the late second round.

If we are gonna talk about a guy that could possibly fall to us that I'd like at 23, lets talk about Anthony Barr...I'd rather have him, Ealy, Tuitt or Hageman.

planetdoc 03-23-2014 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 10512378)
The absolute worst thing that can happen is that he doesn't have success as a pass rusher on the edge

There are other guys I like better for that role. For example, Chris Smith from Arkansas. @266lbs he ran the forty in an official 4.71 seconds. He has long (34") arms. He benched 28x.

I like Marcus Smith as well.

Direckshun 03-23-2014 09:02 PM

Guy plays angry. Gotta hand him that.