ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs' Player Jevon Belcher involved in murder-suicide, shoots self at Arrowhead (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267244)

chiefzilla1501 12-01-2012 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9167323)
I'm just saying, for now, I'd stay off twitter for anything other than prayers for the family.

Nobody views this as anything more than a player grieving for his friend and teammate. They can say what they want. This is really hard for them too.

Boise_Chief 12-01-2012 11:52 AM

Lzen, That actually made it worse but I appreciate seeing it. It was easier when I was just mad at him. It shows the many layers of this tragedy and the people involved.

Rausch 12-01-2012 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9167336)
I don't feel sorry for Belcher one bit. However, I also could never understand the daemons that you must deal with to do something like this.

Having his mother there just makes the situation that much more ****ed up. He was severely mentally ill.

I have absolutely no sympathy for him.

That said there are hundreds of other people impacted by this...

nychief 12-01-2012 11:52 AM

I love all the self righteous indignation swirling around here.

alnorth 12-01-2012 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9167309)
If someone offed themselves at your workplace in front of a bunch of people would your work still make you come to work the next day?

I would, but I have absolutely no tolerance or sympathy for murderers, and that co-worker wouldn't be a relative.

This condemnation of Goodell is silly and premature. The correct decision is to ask the Chiefs players tonight if they want to play tomorrow. We are all just presuming the answer is no, but for all we know, most of them might. In the meantime, the NFL has to logistically presume the game wont be postponed or cancelled until its clear it has to be.

If the players all stood up and demanded the game be postponed and the NFL gave them a "the show must go on" speech, then there could be a problem.

ChiefMojo 12-01-2012 11:52 AM

Regardless of how one feels about Crennel and Pioli's job performance, how could they go on with the Chiefs in the future after witnessing this? It will be tough enough for them going forth to live with the situation but to have to come back to the scene of the crime into the future is hard to imagine.

Johnny Vegas 12-01-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 9167330)
I wouldn't be surprised to see the NFL postpone the game to monday and have a double monday night game.

NFL.com is stating the league advised the Panthers to fly to KC for the game on Sunday.

RNR 12-01-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9167329)
Sorry man He killed his GF now his kid will be ****ed up the rest of his life.

Jeff Rosen ‏ @ jeff_rosen88 Police say Belcher's mother was visiting, saw Jovan shoot his girlfriend multiple times, then leave

Ian Rapoport ‏ @ RapSheet Player talked with Pioli, Crennel & heard police drive up. He walked away from them. KCPD: "A couple seconds later, they heard the gunshot."

I don't know how anyone can feel sorry for JB.

If the child is an infant it will have no recollection of the event. Hopefully there is someone who will raise this child and explain this terrible event at the right age~

GoChargers 12-01-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lionel (Post 9167327)
****ed up considering the Broncos had 6 days to griever whereas the chiefs won't have one.

Yeah, but God forbid Roger misses out on his precious ad revenues. It's not like the NFL doesn't make enough money as it is. :rolleyes:

Mr. Laz 12-01-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9167342)
One thing I was talking with my brother about - don't NFL players have pretty big life insurance policies? Would a suicide make that policy null?

every policy is different but i ASSUME that suicide nullifies 99.9999% of them.

otherwise you would have depressed people signing a policy and killing themselves constantly.

KCWolfman 12-01-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9167342)
One thing I was talking with my brother about - don't NFL players have pretty big life insurance policies? Would a suicide make that policy null?

It would be null.

I imagine the Chiefs will take care of expenses for both families. Hopefully, his last contract of 1.8 million hasn't already been spent as well.

BIG_DADDY 12-01-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9167318)

I highly doubt they cancel or move the game.

Smed1065 12-01-2012 11:54 AM

Speechless.

Thoughts and condolences to all involved.

In58men 12-01-2012 11:54 AM

BRC he must have read your tweet

@mellinger: Nothing like Twitter reaction to tragedy to remind everyone that 5% of the population are terrible human beings.

BigMeatballDave 12-01-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9167334)
Because he could have had a mental issue. You can't control it unless someone helps you. Nobody could help him because he kept something inside.

Stop defending Belcher.

The report is he shot her multiple times.