ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2012-2013 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265263)

BWillie 11-20-2012 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9135480)
Tyler Self doesnt deserve to start on a D2 team

Yeah. Hes clearly terrible. He wouldnt even play for Mid America Nazarene or any NAIA schools. Not start...i said play. Personally i think its bullshit that rich kids of former players and coaches get to be invited walk ons. Id prefer guys that actually contrubute more at the scout team level. Tyler Self averaged 3 pts a game for an avg hs team.

teedubya 11-20-2012 01:51 AM

Man, I can't help but think that McLemore would have been handy to have down the stretch last year... especially in the NC game vs. Kentucky.

That kid is sick.

Scott Pilgrim 11-20-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9135411)
How do we match up against STL

I am a SLU season ticket holder and am KC for these games. We are good, but It will take us playing perfect and you guys missing shots for us to win. With our best player (5th yr sr pg Mitchell) out with a broken foot till about Christmas it could be a long one.

BWillie 11-20-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Pilgrim (Post 9136599)
I am a SLU season ticket holder and am KC for these games. We are good, but It will take us playing perfect and you guys missing shots for us to win. With our best player (5th yr sr pg Mitchell) out with a broken foot till about Christmas it could be a long one.

Why does your Mascot look like a cross between a Sandusky and the Grinch?

Scott Pilgrim 11-20-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 9136882)
Why does your Mascot look like a cross between a Sandusky and the Grinch?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billiken
Rick Majurus was the perfect SLU coach since he kinda looked like a Billiken

Braincase 11-20-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9135480)
Tyler Self doesnt deserve to start on a D2 team

Agreed, but he gets to spend more time with his old man than he ever has before. Kid might turn into a decent college coach one day, or an above average high school coach.

Mr. Laz 11-20-2012 03:47 PM

How bad must Justin Wesley feel?

Last year he was a #9 or so trying to work for more playing time. Now he is like 14th and running with the mop-up guy. Ouch.

gotta be hard for a 35-year old man to take a demotion like that.

Chief_For_Life58 11-20-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 9135615)
Yeah. Hes clearly terrible. He wouldnt even play for Mid America Nazarene or any NAIA schools. Not start...i said play. Personally i think its bullshit that rich kids of former players and coaches get to be invited walk ons. Id prefer guys that actually contrubute more at the scout team level. Tyler Self averaged 3 pts a game for an avg hs team.

whatever who cares its part of the perks of being bill self. when you coach a historic program like ku and have more big12 titles than home losses, you can have your scrub basketball son play on the team too. atleast you know he works his ass off n gives it 110% since his dad is the coach instead of some horrible player that doesnt really try and is just there cus he went to olathe east and is 6 6 n thinks hes the man

Rams Fan 11-20-2012 04:07 PM

Just a SLU basketball fan dropping by.

Should be a good game.

BWillie 11-20-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 9137148)
Agreed, but he gets to spend more time with his old man than he ever has before. Kid might turn into a decent college coach one day, or an above average high school coach.

Ya I would imagine that's in the back of his mind of what he might want to do in the long run. You don't have to be a good player to be a good coach. Hell, most of the best coaches out there are very mediocre at best players.

CoMoChief 11-20-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 9137148)

Can't argue w/ this. Sucks he's taking away a jersey from someone though....but who cares...it's only a walkon.

He just looks like a HS JV player (at best) out there.

Ceej 11-20-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9137222)
Can't argue w/ this. Sucks he's taking away a jersey from someone though....but who cares...it's only a walkon.

He just looks like a HS JV player (at best) out there.

Here you go.

Rams Fan 11-20-2012 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9135411)
How do we match up against STL

SLU is a pretty good defensive team when all cylinders are working together. Offense is meh. It will be interesting to see how the Billikens perform vs KU due to the #1 player on the team being out-Kwami Mitchell- due to a broken foot. However, Jordair Jett is the team's best defensive player and he is fun to watch.

Buehler445 11-20-2012 06:21 PM

Looking forward to this. Hopefully they come out like they did yesterday and make smoe more progress.

Like I said before, it is all about the effort. If the effort is there, progress happens.

Mr. Laz 11-20-2012 08:57 PM

started out great but we've missed several point blank shots lately

SLU is coming back