ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Andy on with Petro... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272625)

keg in kc 04-30-2013 10:53 AM

I thought the draft was much more about the passing game and protecting Alex Smith.

As far as Alex Smith not having thrown any passes for us, it's more about the 2100 passes he threw before he came here. Some of us think that defines who and what he is, and should have defined his trade value. Obviously Andy Reid disagrees. And that's fine, but I don't see a reason to apologize for having very little faith that Alex Smith at 29 can suddenly turn into something he's never been.

DaWolf 04-30-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9645920)
Thats what I want; a coach that gets "really high" on big impact positions like Center!
Posted via Mobile Device

If you have watched Oakland dominate our offensive interior the last few years, you'd note that Center is a big impact spot for us. Our OL has been soft, and our centers undersized. There's a reason we can't beat the Raiders anymore...

DaFace 04-30-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9645925)
I thought the draft was much more about the passing game and protecting Alex Smith.

As far as Alex Smith not having thrown any passes for us, it's more about the 2100 passes he threw before he came here. Some of us think that defines who and what he is, and should have defined his trade value. Obviously Andy Reid disagrees. And that's fine, but I don't see a reason to apologize for having very little faith that Alex Smith at 29 can suddenly turn into something he's never been.

I don't think anyone needs to apologize by any means. I seriously doubt that anyone ("true fans" included) is completely confident that Alex is the long-term answer.

My complaint is just that a ton of Chiefs threads lately have been completely derailed by people beating that same dead horse over and over again rather than discussing the topic. We get it - Alex Smith sucks. But it's a done deal, so let's start talking about what the team can do to try and make him be successful as possible.

Mother****erJones 04-30-2013 11:13 AM

I admit, I was one of the more overreactors on this draft at first. After watching tape I'm good with everything except the FB in round 6, if you're taking on Bray why not Da'Rick Rogers WR?

acesn8s 04-30-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9645502)
Mega threads suck.

This

acesn8s 04-30-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9645909)
I have no idea how you came to the conclusion that we're switching to a power running game. When has Reid ever implemented a power running game? This draft didn't show us much of anything about scheme, but it did show us that type of players that this new regime looks for.

In a way it did show us a scheme. Reid used Westbrook on swing passes out of the backfield but that isn't Jamaal's game. Every highlight of the TE shows him catching a pass the flat.