ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   No Combine thread? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=290754)

O.city 02-22-2015 02:44 PM

Definitely brings into question his devotion after coming in like that, but that 40 time doesn't really match his on field play.

Seems like a good football player that will fall because he didn't do very well in the underwear olympics

Nightfyre 02-22-2015 02:47 PM

He will fall because he has a shitty work ethic, which was a well-established fact at TCU and supported by his physical condition at the combine.

Saccopoo 02-22-2015 02:53 PM

Pretty unimpressive LB group.

Saccopoo 02-22-2015 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 11341859)
In shorts.

Weren't you just bitching about this whole thing in regards to Dee Ford last year?

I've already said I like Dawson, but, as noted elsewhere, he needs to show some skills because he's undersized for the 34. Somebody even gave me shit saying he was actually 5'11"/6'0", which he is. He won't play effectively in the NFL looking like that.

He's not a 34 if that's the type of weight he needs to carry to keep his weight up and he can't perform.

Discuss Thrower 02-22-2015 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 11341886)
Pretty unimpressive LB group.

Gotta love the fact the NFL Net crew was saying Shaq Thompson should switch to full time HB.

O.city 02-22-2015 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 11341889)
I've already said I like Dawson, but, as noted elsewhere, he needs to show some skills because he's undersized for the 34. Somebody even gave me shit saying he was actually 5'11"/6'0", which he is. He won't play effectively in the NFL looking like that.

He's not a 34 if that's the type of weight he needs to carry to keep his weight up and he can't perform.

He seems to be very instinctual though, and doesn't seem to play to the numbers he put up at the combine.

I couldn't find any links to the off field stuff, but if that's a concert I could see it.

Just seemed to always make plays when I watched tcu

Discuss Thrower 02-22-2015 03:06 PM

Mayock referred to Dave Steckel as the head coach of Missouri Southern

Nightfyre 02-22-2015 03:06 PM

I loved Dawson's tape too. I could see taking a chance on him on day 3 hoping that your coaching can get through to him. He plays faster than he performed. But how do you bring him into training camp in shape? Thats the question. Maybe DJ could take him under his wing, though. Or Hali. You need a player to strap him to for the offseason, though.

O.city 02-22-2015 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 11341908)
I loved his tape too. I could see taking a chance on him on day 3 hoping that your coaching can get through to him.

Where are you getting this off field stuff? I can't find anything about it

Nightfyre 02-22-2015 03:10 PM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-are-hurtful/

Quote:

Former TCU linebacker Paul Dawson, regarded by NFL Media’s Mike Mayock as the top player at his position entering the draft, has written a draft diary for USA Today. In the entry, Dawson addresses the vague notion, as separately perpetrated by Lance Zierlein of NFL Media, that Paul Dawson has character concerns.

“Scouts are very worried about his personal character and say he’s not beloved within the program,” Zierlein writes in his profile of Dawson. “Questions have been raised about his commitment to the process.”

“Now I’m reading that I’ve got ‘character concerns,'” Dawson wrote. “My sophomore year when I got there, I failed one drug test for Adderall, and I got a prescription for it a couple months later. I never failed another drug test, never got in any trouble, never suspended. I was tardy a lot. I’d probably be a couple minutes late to that meeting or a weight-room session. But everybody loved me. I got along with everybody — all the coaches, all the offensive coaches. . . . When I see stuff like my team doesn’t like me, that’s hurtful. . . . When I have my interviews at the combine, they’ll see what type of person I am.”

With the Scouting Combine coming next week, it’s the time of year for negative information to emerge about prospects. The general rule of thumb is that some scouts will be tempted to push negative information about guys they like, in the hopes that the player will slide down the board and be available when that scout’s team is on the clock. Any negative information published about prospects by anonymous scouts needs to be considered through that lens, because without names being attached it’s impossible to know which scouts are telling the truth — and which scouts are pushing an agenda aimed at getting the guys they want during the draft.

Regardless, the scouts know what they know about Dawson and the rest of the top prospects. They’ll learn a lot more next week, and beyond.

One thing they learned from Dawson’s diary is that he was “tardy a lot” at TCU, and that he admits it.

O.city 02-22-2015 03:11 PM

That doesn't exactly scream locker room cancer

Nightfyre 02-22-2015 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 11341923)
That doesn't exactly scream locker room cancer

It does scream lazy, though.

O.city 02-22-2015 03:15 PM

With 11 picks, Dawson is a player they should take a chance in in the 3/4 round area if he checks out.

Nightfyre 02-22-2015 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 11341931)
With 11 picks, Dawson is a player they should take a chance in in the 3/4 round area if he checks out.

Absolutely agree.

O.city 02-22-2015 03:17 PM

Kendricks tested well, wouldn't be upset with him in the 2nd