ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs DeSean Jackson Is Officially A Redskin (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=282722)

dirk digler 04-02-2014 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10534026)
I'm not at the edge. I'm just occupying the cynical "Show me" territory the Chiefs have shuffled me into. This franchise has exhausted it's line of 'benefit of the doubt' credit with me.

I always wait and see. And when I think things are not going to work, I always hope that my thoughts are wrong.

In the interim, it's "call it as we see it" time for me and many others.

Perfect post and sums up what I feel as well with the exception that I am more in the apathy territory.

Titty Meat 04-02-2014 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 10534065)
Also, LOL at the 'mass exodus of talent'. What a joke.

We lost Asomoah, Schwartz, McCluster, Kendrick Lewis, and the great Tyson Jackson... OH NOEZ!! What will we DOOO?!

The best player we lost was Albert, and the offense operated no worse when he was injured than it did when he played.

Drama queens.

This is a stupid post.

The Franchise 04-02-2014 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 10534065)
Also, LOL at the 'mass exodus of talent'. What a joke.

We lost Asomoah, Schwartz, McCluster, Kendrick Lewis, and the great Tyson Jackson... OH NOEZ!! What will we DOOO?!

The best player we lost was Albert, and the offense operated no worse when he was injured than it did when he played.

Drama queens.

Except we also lost both RG starters from last season. We created a hole that we'll probably be using our 1st round pick to fill....when we should be using it to draft a playmaker.

saphojunkie 04-02-2014 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocolate Hog (Post 10534071)
This is a stupid post.

You'd be the one to ask.

saphojunkie 04-02-2014 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10534073)
Except we also lost both RG starters from last season. We created a hole that we'll probably be using our 1st round pick to fill....when we should be using it to draft a playmaker.

pure and total tinfoil speculation.

dirk digler 04-02-2014 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 10534048)
Not only has it only been one season, but one successful season. Some fans have gone so far into everything sucks mode, that they think being reasonable is the same as being a huge homer.

Successful? I wouldn't say it was. They melted down in the playoffs when they had the sure win along with when they played good teams the last part of the season they lost.

BossChief 04-02-2014 10:40 AM

Adding Clemons and Jackson wouldn't have broken the bank, either.

It's just sad that we are scheduled to pay guys like Daniels and Fasano eating up so much cap space.

Let me see.....

Anthony Fasano (4.5 cap hit) and Chase Daniel (3.5 cap hit)

Or

Desean Jackson (8/per year average salary)

Hmmmm tough choice, there.

Mr_Tomahawk 04-02-2014 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 10534081)
Successful? I wouldn't say it was. They melted down in the playoffs when they had the sure win along with when they played good teams the last part of the season they lost.

Jesus Christ...they one 2 games the previous year.

WhiteWhale 04-02-2014 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10534073)

So you're pissed about something you THINK they'll do?

Look, if we burn a first on a guard, I'll stand up with you.

However bitching about losing two marginal right guards as if it's the make-or-break position is counter to the 'all offensive linemen are exchangeable garbage" bullshit generally spewed by people on this forum.

Folks around here complain all the time, even when their complaints contradict another complaint. Such as Jackson being a 'perfect fit' for a QB who 'can't throw deep'. At least make sensible and consistent arguments.

The Franchise 04-02-2014 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10534080)

It's a ****ing possibility.....therefor not total tinfoil speculation.

The Franchise 04-02-2014 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 10534086)
So you're pissed about something you THINK they'll do?

Look, if we burn a first on a guard, I'll stand up with you.

However bitching about losing two marginal right guards as if it's the make-or-break position is counter to the 'all offensive linemen are exchangeable garbage" bullshit generally spewed by people on this forum.

Folks around here complain all the time, even when their complaints contradict another complaint. Such as Jackson being a 'perfect fit' for a QB who 'can't throw deep'. At least make sensible arguments.

Marginal? ****ing blow me.

WhiteWhale 04-02-2014 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10534093)
Marginal? ****ing blow me.

They're average at best.

Stop acting like we just lost two all pro offensive linemen. It's overly dramatic and stupid.

nychief 04-02-2014 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10534088)
It's a ****ing possibility.....therefor not total tinfoil speculation.

It is a straw man argument, no? why so defensive. sheesh.

BossChief 04-02-2014 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10534080)

Last offseason they only franchised Albert (and tried to trade him) and cut Eric Winston. When they cut Winston, he went on the radio and said they were looking at going OT with their draft pick.

The point is, they were deliberate with their intentions to move forward with their plan.

This year they let BOTH starting quality right guards walk in free agency.

It's entirely possible they are being equally as deliberate this year and intend to draft a RG in the first.

I hope they don't, but to act like its just tin foil nonsense isn't accurate, either.

WhiteWhale 04-02-2014 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 10534103)
Last offseason they only franchised Albert (and tried to trade him) and cut Eric Winston. When they cut Winston, he went on the radio and said they were looking at going OT with their draft pick.

The point is, they were deliberate with their intentions to move forward with their plan.

This year they let BOTH starting quality right guards walk in free agency.

It's entirely possible they are being equally as deliberate this year and intend to draft a RG in the first.

I hope they don't, but to act like its just tin foil nonsense isn't accurate, either.

KC's interior line was garbage last year. We could never get yards on short yardage and it wasn't because Charles sucks in short yardage. They got their shit pushed into the backfield routinely.

My only problem is that they didn't send Jeff Allen packing with them.