ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Free fashion advice for the style-challenged male. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=195919)

MoreLemonPledge 01-29-2010 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus (Post 6488729)
How does one go about finding a new hair stylist? I'm looking for a young hot chick that does a good job with medium length men's hair. In Lawrence btw.

I'm telling you, find a gay man. Yes, it might be a bit uncomfortable when he rubs his junk on you, but you will have amazing hair.

Simply Red 01-29-2010 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus (Post 6488748)
I was going to, then I decided to bump his thread. Other's might want to know how to get a hot chick cutting their hair also.

A lil' short fat gay asian man cuts my hair.

MoreLemonPledge 01-31-2010 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 6489163)
A lil' short fat gay asian man cuts my hair.

And I bet it looks FABULOUS!!!!

http://i.mycommentspace.com/221/22132.jpg

Mastashake 01-31-2010 01:57 AM

Do you guys really find people look at you differently based on the shoes you wear? How about your hair?

I usually just phone it in. I have to wear a uniform all day, so I pick a comfy pair of sneaks. Hair looks fairly weak. I just didn't know if that really matters.

This applies to meeting women, but also business applications (more importantly).

ChiefsCountry 01-31-2010 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mastashake (Post 6493711)
Do you guys really find people look at you differently based on the shoes you wear? How about your hair?

This applies to meeting women, but also business applications (more importantly).

Actually yes, in my line of work it makes a huge difference. I'm in advertising sales and consultanting and if I wear a tie I make more sales than when I don't. If I am at a business social I drink wine instead of beer, just some little things like that actually make a difference.

BryanBusby 01-31-2010 02:12 AM

Here are some tips, free of charge!

-Jorts, don't wear 'em. Ever.
-Want a suit that looks and feels great? Please don't go to Mens Warehouse. The less polyester in your suit, the better!
-Always good to own a pair of majority white casual shoes (no, I'm not racist lol) :)
-Buy in colors that are more appropriate to your skin tone/hair color. If you have light skin/hair, avoid white and black. If you have a darker skin tone, refrain from pastels.

Kyle DeLexus 01-31-2010 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mastashake (Post 6493711)

I usually just phone it in. I have to wear a uniform all day, so I pick a comfy pair of sneaks. Hair looks fairly weak. I just didn't know if that really matters.

Yes. Besides your coat, your shoes are the first thing that people will notice about you.

Mastashake 01-31-2010 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus (Post 6493732)
Yes. Besides your coat, your shoes are the first thing that people will notice about you.

I'm finding it hard to believe people give a crap about what people wear. I guess its because I live out in the country and dung-covered boots with Carhartts are the norm. If you wear a suit around here, even as a salesman, you will be looked at by women and men alike as prissy.

Maybe someone has some links for when I move to the city (in August) I can fit in. :) I'll have to get rid of my nylon/fleece jacket and hiking boots. :-(

Pushead2 01-31-2010 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mastashake (Post 6493734)
I'm finding it hard to believe people give a crap about what people wear. I guess its because I live out in the country and dung-covered boots with Carhartts are the norm. If you wear a suit around here, even as a salesman, you will be looked at by women and men alike as prissy.

Maybe someone has some links for when I move to the city (in August) I can fit in. :) I'll have to get rid of my nylon/fleece jacket and hiking boots. :-(

here in NY it's all they care about....

Simply Red 01-31-2010 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mastashake (Post 6493734)

just tell me what you do and what you need, YES SIR, the right clothing will not only help you LOOK better, they'll make YOU feel better, too. Again, just sort of outline you situation in life, also, how's your body? Include your hair color. I'll be glad to help, if you're serious.

keg in kc 01-31-2010 10:24 AM

Sweats are my friend.

Mastashake 01-31-2010 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 6493916)
just tell me what you do and what you need, YES SIR, the right clothing will not only help you LOOK better, they'll make YOU feel better, too. Again, just sort of outline you situation in life, also, how's your body? Include your hair color. I'll be glad to help, if you're serious.

I'm basically looking to like a block of mild cheddar cheese: slightly sharp, but not overwhelming. I'm not a suit and tie guy, I'm a college student. So casual is for me. If you really want to, you can show me some nice casual kicks, some nice casual shirts and jeans. I dress fairly well for people around here. In the city I'd probably look pretty crappy.

I've just gotten back into the swing of working out. But trying to gain muscle is harder than trying to lose fat. People can lose ten pounds of fat in a month. I'd have to be on some serious juice to gain ten pounds of muscle. As it is right now I'm about 140 pounds.

Also, I am blonde. And I have very fine hair. VERY FINE. I usually put something in it to make it look chunkier and then let it lay down. But I don't like that. I would love to do something interesting, but my hair sucks for anything that requires it to... stay in one place.

Simply Red 01-31-2010 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 6493956)
Sweats are my friend.

yes, they're comfortable, especially on the weekend, I'm wearing sweat shorts now, getting ready to go outside.

Simply Red 01-31-2010 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mastashake (Post 6493961)
I'm basically looking to like a block of mild cheddar cheese: slightly sharp, but not overwhelming. I'm not a suit and tie guy, I'm a college student. So casual is for me. If you really want to, you can show me some nice casual kicks, some nice casual shirts and jeans. I dress fairly well for people around here. In the city I'd probably look pretty crappy.

I've just gotten back into the swing of working out. But trying to gain muscle is harder than trying to lose fat. People can lose ten pounds of fat in a month. I'd have to be on some serious juice to gain ten pounds of muscle. As it is right now I'm about 140 pounds.

Also, I am blonde. And I have very fine hair. VERY FINE.

You're 140 Lbs?

Mastashake 01-31-2010 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 6493967)
You're 140 Lbs?

Yes, sir. I have an incredibly small frame. In high school I was 125-130. Even if I were a low body fat with a large amount of muscle, I'd be close to 150-155.

I edited my post above to be more comprehensive, as well.

FTR women really don't like guys as small as me. I've heard them say it to me. Being a scrawny guy is like being a fat chick.