ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games SimCity (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270723)

DaKCMan AP 03-05-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9464619)
The new SimCity game comes out tomorrow.

Anyone getting it? The videos I've seen have looked incredible.

No.

SAUTO 03-05-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by La literatura (Post 9467262)
I doubt it. It's not really compatible with a console. It's a lot of pointing and clicking and dragging.

well that really ****ing sucks

Jenson71 03-05-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9467673)
well that really ****ing sucks

For some good news though, you don't really need a high-end system to run it.

WV 03-05-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 9467338)
Is it EA's version of steam maybe? In a way at least?

I'm not a PC gamer, so I'm not really familiar with Steam. But in order to run this SimCity you have to have an internet connection and be logged into or have Origin running. I haven't researched it very much though. I'm not ready to drop $59 on a SimCity game.

hometeam 03-05-2013 07:36 PM

It is exactly EA's version of steam.

I use both liberally. Steam has way more games, and a much better interface, but overall they fulfill the same function.

RedDread 03-06-2013 08:57 AM

This has been awful so far. The game is fantastic but I can only log in to one server in Europe. The city I created is now STUCK on that server. I was able to switch but you have to go through the tutorial on EVERY server you connect to. On top of that if it bugs out you effectively can't use that server at all.

A friend and I played musical servers and between not being able to connect and the bugs from the tutorial, and we could not join a server and play in the same region in-game. This launch has been a travesty. You launch a major title that people have been waiting for FOR YEARS and you only have 4 US servers available. FOUR!?!?

This is the last time I will buy a single player game that requires a dedicated internet connection. I've learned my lesson with Diablo 3 and now this. Done. I'm also done with EA.

ChiefsLV 03-06-2013 09:16 AM

I would like to say I learned my lesson with Diablo 3 which I paid $60 for and probably put about 15 hours into before I became horribly bored with it but I did play the beta of he new SimCity and I did have it on preorder through newegg. Then the day of release, newegg canceled my preorder because they were out of stock so I missed out on any other preorder deals I could have taken advantage of like the $20 amazon credit. The whole preorder situation along with the stories coming out about waiting in 30 minute queues to play or having your city corrupt have totally soured it for me now.

kaplin42 03-06-2013 10:40 AM

I'm not defending EA in the slightest, having the online DRM shit that you must use in order to play if a joke. But it is what it is. I can see their view on the servers though.

Why have 10 servers at launch, it's a waste of money. A week from today, those servers won't ever be close to getting bombarded like they currently are. It only sucks now because the game just launch, give it a few days and this will be a distant memory.

Still a stupid system, but all the bitching about wait times is really pointless.

Imon Yourside 03-06-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 9464721)
4 was awesome.

True forgot about 4, I didn't like the last one...trying to recall the name..societies?

btw I'm playing 5 right now...no problems playing whatsoever..and it's my first official Origin game...will report back on gameplay.

SAUTO 03-06-2013 10:44 AM

ok then let me ask you guy which one was the best that was available on a console?

Jenson71 03-06-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9470271)
True forgot about 4, I didn't like the last one...trying to recall the name..societies?

btw I'm playing 5 right now...no problems playing whatsoever..and it's my first official Origin game...will report back on gameplay.

Yeah, Societies wasn't even worthy of the name "SimCity"

Chazno 03-06-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplin42 (Post 9470263)
I'm not defending EA in the slightest, having the online DRM shit that you must use in order to play if a joke. But it is what it is. I can see their view on the servers though.

Why have 10 servers at launch, it's a waste of money. A week from today, those servers won't ever be close to getting bombarded like they currently are. It only sucks now because the game just launch, give it a few days and this will be a distant memory.

Still a stupid system, but all the bitching about wait times is really pointless.

Or they could have built it so a server farm(10+) appears as one US server. Make it so you could add and remove servers without loss of data. When the demand dies a bit remove some servers and add them to the launch of the next big game.

Imon Yourside 03-06-2013 10:53 AM

Ok it appears I spoke too soon, set up my game...hit pause for about a half an hour and now I cannot connect to my PRIVATE OFFLINE CITY at this time? WTF? Can't wait for the Pirate version...**** this noise. The DRM is shit with this one.

Mr. Laz 03-06-2013 02:49 PM

Isn't this sim city another 'always on' internet pain in the ass?

bowener 03-06-2013 03:47 PM

Alright, I'm definitely waiting for a pirated copy now. I am hoping SKIDROW comes out with one that lets you fake being online, and just lets you play alone or whatever. Is there a fake origin out there floating around? I know there is a fake steam that lets you play cracked steam games with others that have cracked games too.