ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones (spoiler-free zone) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=244344)

MMXcalibur 06-16-2015 01:27 PM

BigRichard 06-16-2015 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCtotheSB (Post 11551596)

mr. tegu 06-16-2015 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 11551553)
That's cool, so there must have been some sort of evidence in the show. Do you remember what it was?

Spoiler!

Bowser 06-16-2015 07:20 PM

There was that scene in the show where Baelish and Sansa were in the Winterfell crypts, and she made mention of how her Aunt Lyanna had been kidnapped and raped by Rhaegar Targaryan. While Sansa is remembering the story she is being told and staring intently at Lyanna's statue, Littlefinger looks at Sansa at gives her a sly smile and a smirk.

mdchiefsfan 06-16-2015 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 11552218)
There was that scene in the show where Baelish and Sansa were in the Winterfell crypts, and she made mention of how her Aunt Lyanna had been kidnapped and raped by Rhaegar Targaryan. While Sansa is remembering the story she is being told and staring intently at Lyanna's statue, Littlefinger looks at Sansa at gives her a sly smile and a smirk.

Yea. That was a huge nod to the book readers.

KC_Connection 06-16-2015 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 11551458)
So... this brings up an interesting question about spoilers. There are a lot of theories out there that depend on evidence in the books, but they have not been explicitly spelled out in either the books or the show. However, a show watcher would not have any idea about such a theory, because the hints weren't present in the show at all.

I picked up on the Rhaegar/Lyanna thing just by merely watching the show. The hints have been there over the seasons (and were especially obvious this season).

In any case...god, I hope Melisandre can resurrect Jon like Thoros did for Beric Dondarrion all those times.

Hawk 06-17-2015 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 11551583)
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

GloucesterChief 06-17-2015 09:14 AM

I also don't think that Littlefinger wanted to push the Seven Kingdoms into civil war.

I believe that he negotiated for Ned to take the black but Joffery being a little psychopath with no political instincts whatsoever decided to execute him.

You could argue that Littlefinger first wanted to get at the people that wronged him ie Jon Arryn, Ned, and Robert.

Hawk 06-17-2015 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 11552422)
I picked up on the Rhaegar/Lyanna thing just by merely watching the show. The hints have been there over the seasons (and were especially obvious this season).

In any case...god, I hope Melisandre can resurrect Jon like Thoros did for Beric Dondarrion all those times.

In that one recent episode where Littlefinger and Sansa discuss Lyanna in the crypts, the show pretty much laid it all out there in hints. Their crypt discussion was the most obvious part when Littlefinger's expression makes it pretty clear he didn't think Lyanna was kidnapped and raped. But in that one episode, you also had:

- Stannis' wife says that Jon is some upjumped bastard of a tavern wench, and Stannis points out "That wasn't Ned's way". Meant to make people wonder how honorable NEd could have fathered a bastard. Totally out of character for Ned.

- Melisandre tries to seduce Jon telling him she feels power running through him and that he has the power to cast shadows. Given those statements, it made it seem like Jon has king's blood in him.

- Barristan tells Dany about what a good guy Rhaegar was and how he didn't like to fight and preferred to sing, all of which makes us think it unlikely he was a kidnapper and raper.

So yes, the show went out of its way in that episode to give hints that Jon might be Lyanna and Rhaegar's son.

Hawk 06-17-2015 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 11553104)
I also don't think that Littlefinger wanted to push the Seven Kingdoms into civil war.

I believe that he negotiated for Ned to take the black but Joffery being a little psychopath with no political instincts whatsoever decided to execute him.

You could argue that Littlefinger first wanted to get at the people that wronged him ie Jon Arryn, Ned, and Robert.

Chaos is a ladder. Littlefinger absolutely wanted to start a war. After having Lysa kill Jon Arryn and blame the Lannisters, Littlefinger then falsely accused Tyrion of owning the knife used on Bran, so Catelyn captures Tyrion and sets off the war. Plus Littlefinger betrayed Ned resulting in him getting killed and insuring a war.

And look where it has gotten him. He brokers Tyrell-Lannister alliance (which would not have been needed if not for the war) and gets made Lord of Harrenhall as a result. That status allows him to finally marry Lysa and then he kills her so now he is Lord Protector of the Vale and Lord of Harrenhall. On the show, he tells Cersei he will take back Winterfell with the Vale troops if she makes him Warden of the North. And so on. Littlefinger thrives on chaos, and that is exactly what he wanted to create.

KCUnited 06-17-2015 09:39 AM

Not necessarily hinting at who she was, but before he left for the Watch, Ned told Jon that they'd get together someday and he'd tell him about his mother. Seemed rather foreshadowish at the time.

Amnorix 06-17-2015 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 11553097)
Spoiler!

You are completely correct. I had forgotten!

Fire Me Boy! 06-17-2015 10:22 AM

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06...1035fd07a1.jpg

mdchiefsfan 06-17-2015 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 11553162)

LMAO

Buehler445 06-17-2015 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 11553115)
Chaos is a ladder. Littlefinger absolutely wanted to start a war. After having Lysa kill Jon Arryn and blame the Lannisters, Littlefinger then falsely accused Tyrion of owning the knife used on Bran, so Catelyn captures Tyrion and sets off the war. Plus Littlefinger betrayed Ned resulting in him getting killed and insuring a war.

And look where it has gotten him. He brokers Tyrell-Lannister alliance (which would not have been needed if not for the war) and gets made Lord of Harrenhall as a result. That status allows him to finally marry Lysa and then he kills her so now he is Lord Protector of the Vale and Lord of Harrenhall. On the show, he tells Cersei he will take back Winterfell with the Vale troops if she makes him Warden of the North. And so on. Littlefinger thrives on chaos, and that is exactly what he wanted to create.

Didn't he say in one of his monologues that when things stay the same power doesn't change or something? When shot hits the fan there are opportunities.