ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Demaryius Thomas signs long term deal (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=293419)

notorious 07-15-2015 03:35 PM

Not going to argue.

Demarius is damn good with Peyton, and we will find out how good he is with an average QB soon!

ThaVirus 07-15-2015 03:37 PM

Demaryius Thomas is a very good receiver. He's tall, heavy, strong, and fast as shit. It's tough to actually gauge his true ability with Peyton Manning throwing him the ball, though. It's essentially a foregone conclusion that the #1 WR in a Peyton Manning-led offense will rack up 1,400 yards and double digit TDs.

He's not as good as Dez Bryant. Not many outside of Denver would disagree with that statement.

ThaVirus 07-15-2015 03:40 PM

Assuming full health, a list of WRs better than Demaryius Thomas:

Calvin Johnson
Antonio Brown
Dez Bryant
Julio Jones
AJ Green

Those guys would make up my tier 1 of WRs.

Demaryius Thomas would be in tier 2 with guys like Jordy Nelson, Brandon Marshall, etc.

FlaChief58 07-15-2015 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 11601121)
He started 7 total games in those 2 years, and the QB was Tebow.

Right, because manning makes average players great. As much as I hate to admit it, pizzaface is a pretty good QB. He could have been one of the elite, but his failures in post season will always be his greatest shortcoming

MagicHef 07-15-2015 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11601149)
Demaryius Thomas is a very good receiver. He's tall, heavy, strong, and fast as shit. It's tough to actually gauge his true ability with Peyton Manning throwing him the ball, though. It's essentially a foregone conclusion that the #1 WR in a Peyton Manning-led offense will rack up 1,400 yards and double digit TDs.

He's not as good as Dez Bryant. Not many outside of Denver would disagree with that statement.

That's not true. In Indianapolis, it happened 5 times (4 Harrison, 1 Wayne) in 13 years (38% of the time).

In Denver, it's happened 3 times in 3 years. 100% of the time, and it's all been Demaryius.

listopencil 07-15-2015 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 11600929)
I can't wait until fivehead retires at the end of this year after another failed playoff run, and thomas has to start catching ducks from asswiper. Then we'll see if he can live up to that contract

He caught a game winning TD pass, in overtime of a playoff game, against the Pittsburgh Steelers...from Tim Tebow. I think Thomas will be just fine.

ThaVirus 07-15-2015 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 11601181)
That's not true. In Indianapolis, it happened 5 times (4 Harrison, 1 Wayne) in 13 years (38% of the time).

In Denver, it's happened 3 times in 3 years. 100% of the time, and it's all been Demaryius.

Half of the seasons Peyton's played, he's had a guy go over 1,400 yards with double digit TDs..

Hyperbole aside, I think your post actually strengthens my argument. Especially when you consider that Peyton's time in Denver makes up three of his top four highest season attempts.

MagicHef 07-15-2015 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11601164)
Assuming full health, a list of WRs better than Demaryius Thomas:

Calvin Johnson
Antonio Brown
Dez Bryant
Julio Jones
AJ Green

Those guys would make up my tier 1 of WRs.

Demaryius Thomas would be in tier 2 with guys like Jordy Nelson, Brandon Marshall, etc.

I understand Calvin, and I get your reasoning that TDs>Yards for Dez, but for any of the others...

Why?

MagicHef 07-15-2015 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11601202)
Half of the seasons Peyton's played, he's had a guy go over 1,400 yards with double digit TDs..

Hyperbole aside, I think your post actually strengthens my argument. Especially when you consider that Peyton's time in Denver makes up three of his top four highest season attempts.

Uh... no, a jump from 38% to 100% definitely does not strengthen your argument that it's all Peyton.

RunKC 07-15-2015 04:14 PM

No matter what stats MagicHef chooses to bring out, Demaryius Thomas is not going to be the weapon he is with Manning when Manning leaves.

Jim Lahey 07-15-2015 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 11601219)
No matter what stats MagicHef chooses to bring out, Demaryius Thomas is not going to be the weapon he is with Manning when Manning leaves.

Yeeaahhhh...bullshit. He excels in the screen game and is a threat to score anytime he touches the ball. Keep thinking it's all Peyton though.

ThaVirus 07-15-2015 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 11601210)
Uh... no, a jump from 38% to 100% definitely does not strengthen your argument that it's all Peyton.

Because expecting a QB to produce a WR with 1,400 yards and double digit touchdowns in the first few seasons to start his career is totally unrealistic. Even Andrew Luck and Dan Marino, who have had the best statistical starts to their career of any in league history, couldn't do it in their first handful of years.

Plus I basically just told you as good as guys like Jordy Nelson and Brandon Marshall. I don't think that's claiming it's "all Peyton".

ThaVirus 07-15-2015 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 11601204)
I understand Calvin, and I get your reasoning that TDs>Yards for Dez, but for any of the others...

Why?

That's based on the eye test. Simply saying "he has more yards than the other guys" doesn't account for all the variables.

Jim Lahey 07-15-2015 04:29 PM

Pierre Garçon went from Peyton to RGIII and broke team receiving records his first year in DC. Peyton did that too though right?

The Franchise 07-15-2015 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Lahey (Post 11601239)
Pierre Garçon went from Peyton to RGIII and broke team receiving records his first year in DC. Peyton did that too though right?

First year in DC? Maybe you meant 2nd?

44 catches for 633 yards and 4 TDs.