ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Favorite non-scripted television shows (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272815)

suzzer99 05-05-2013 08:34 PM

Favorite non-scripted television shows

I don't know if I'm getting old or what. But just about all I watch nowadays is shows like Mythbusters, Dirty Jobs, No Reservations, etc. Workaholics and the Kroll Show are the only two scripted TV shows I watch (I still like movies though). I'd love to discover more shows like this that I might be missing.

Here are my favorite shows right now:

Dangerou Grounds - the host travels to hot spots around the world looking for unique high-end coffee. Coffee only grows in mountains in the tropics, which happen to be a lot of the poorer, more dangerous places in the world. I like the show because the guy seems pretty genuine, and it's just him and one camera man. So they can get into and out of some tight spots really quick. Also the scenery is amazing.

River Monsters - Huge man-crush on Jeremy Wade. This show never fails to blow me away.

Burger Land - the host travels the country for the best burgers. I like it because his favorite style of burger and mine seem to be the same - greasy meat, cheese and onions all fused together with the bun (like Town Topic - still looking for the equivalent in LA). And he gets into the history of the burgers in the places he goes. I enjoy them vicariously when I'm trying to follow my diet.

Parts Unknown with Anthony Bourdain
- I'm a huge Bourdain fanboy.

Alaska State Troopers - for some reason I tend to watch marathons of this when I'm hungover. I guess because it makes me feel good about my situation. There is nothing more depressing than a modern Inuit village.

kcxiv 05-05-2013 08:48 PM

Duck Dynasty, Yukon Men and Moonshiners

Though i think they are scripted to a certain degree.

Jerm 05-05-2013 08:51 PM

Ghost Adventures
River Monsters
Dual Survival

suzzer99 05-05-2013 08:58 PM

Jerm do you think they really find ghosts on that show?

suzzer99 05-05-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9660703)
Duck Dynasty, Yukon Men and Moonshiners

Though i think they are scripted to a certain degree.

Yeah a lot of them are. I guess not officially scripted should be in the thread title.

Moonshiners makes no sense to me. Just like the weed show. How are these people not instantly busted?

Saulbadguy 05-05-2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 9660719)
Yeah a lot of them are. I guess not officially scripted should be in the thread title.

Moonshiners makes no sense to me. Just like the weed show. How are these people not instantly busted?

Because its scripted/not real.

suzzer99 05-05-2013 09:38 PM

My guess is the guys are just doing legal stuff and acting like it's illegal. Or talking about a lot of illegal stuff they never intend to do.

In58men 05-05-2013 10:05 PM

Non scripted?

Shark Tank is good
Undercover Boss makes me cry too much, but still good.

That's all, everything else I watch is scripted.

Jerm 05-06-2013 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 9660715)
Jerm do you think they really find ghosts on that show?

Absolutely...I've met all 3 and they're legit, cool guys.

I also ghost hunt and have experienced things I've seen on there, even at the a few of the same locations.

cosmo20002 05-06-2013 12:39 AM

Quote:

On Moonshiners, they are "re-creating" making moonshine. It's just water.

Cheater5 05-06-2013 06:20 AM

Alaska: The Last Frontier.

Dual Survivor is interesting, but they obviously have a team of camera men/support staff in tow. Cody and Joe are fun to watch. Survivorman may not be as exciting, but Les Stroud is no doubt out there by himself and it's definitely not scripted.

Tried watching Duck Dynasty a few times but couldn't get into it; too much 'Hyuck-yuk' telegraphed humor, and it just seems waaaay too contrived. I'll just watch The Beverly Hillbillies if I want to see a funnier version of rich rednecks.

El Jefe 05-06-2013 06:55 AM

Quote:

I actually watched an interview with the shows producer. In their State, the perpetrators would have to be caught in the act with the actual moonshine. They cannot validate or prosecute on assumptions gathered from the television show. Good luck finding those hillbillies out in the middle of no where.

PunkinDrublic 05-06-2013 07:08 AM

No Reservations and a lot of the travel channel shows. Locked up abroad is my favorite on Nat Geo. I'm not even a car guy but I love Fast n Loud.

blaise 05-06-2013 07:40 AM

I used to watch Chopped but it just got too repetitive.

Dayze 05-06-2013 07:40 AM

South Beach Tow - seems legit.