ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   *****OFFICIAL 2013 CP Mock Draft***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271256)

The Franchise 04-07-2013 08:54 PM

The Seattle Seahawks select Jordan Rodgers, QB, Vanderbilt

Nightfyre 04-07-2013 09:05 PM

So are we going to correct the draft order or what? Pick 237 belongs to the 49ers, not the Browns.

RealSNR 04-07-2013 09:20 PM

Last pick for the Packers and last pick for me. It's a good'un. I think this guy has a lot of upside as 3-4 DE, someone who can take on blocks very well. Just what the Packers need in their line rotation. Also, he stays healthy. Another huge plus. Reminds me a bit of Howard Greene a few years ago. Packers could use someone like that when the injuries come home to roost.

The Green Bay Packers select Omar Hunter, DT, Florida

RealSNR 04-07-2013 09:31 PM

I did a better job for the Packers than I did drafting for the Chiefs, in my opinion. Can't really say I'm disappointed in any of my picks. Love all of them.

Green Bay Packers

1. Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame
2. Travis Frederick, C, Wisconsin
3. Johnathan Franklin, RB, UCLA
4. Josh Boyce, WR, TCU
5. Rod Sweeting, CB, Georgia Tech
5. Devin Taylor, DE/OLB, South Carolina
6. Keith Pough, OLB, Howard
7. Omar Hunter, DT, Florida

Eifert, Frederick, and Franklin will start/contribute right away. I have high expectations for Boyce as a WR4 who will see more time in the slot as the inevitable flood of Packer injuries starts to infect the roster.

Sweeting, Taylor are both extremely talented players who saw drops in production in college, but had too much ability to not get picked. Pough doesn't belong in the 3-4, but again, can you blame me for taking him? Incredible steal in the 6th, and you can ALWAYS find a place for good players. And we'll see about Hunter. A little short, but he's got some wheels for a 300-lber, and he's a perfect fit as a 3-4 DE in terms of what he does well.

The Franchise 04-07-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9566769)
So are we going to correct the draft order or what? Pick 237 belongs to the 49ers, not the Browns.

It's fixed.....now shut the **** up.

God forbid you only have 2 7th round picks instead of 3.

Sfeihc 04-07-2013 10:16 PM

Am I the only one who thinks Mike Glennon reminds me of Nap Dynamite?

The Franchise 04-08-2013 09:40 AM

I've got Deez's and Marco's picks ready to go.

DJ's left nut 04-08-2013 09:51 AM

While at Rontez Miles' pro day, the Texans noticed a massive gunslinger with a checkered past firing bullets across the field. Sure, you can time his 40 with a sundial, but he's a QB - I give zero ****s about his 40. He's certainly no less mobile than Schaub and has a hell of an arm on him.

The Texans select - Peter Lalich, QB - Cal(PA)

Such are the benefits of having a compensatory pick or two.

The Franchise 04-08-2013 09:54 AM

The Denver Broncos select Johnny Adams, CB, Michigan State

The Franchise 04-08-2013 09:55 AM

The New England Patriots select Josh Boyd, DT, Mississippi State

DaKCMan AP 04-08-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9567773)
The New England Patriots select Josh Boyd, DT, Mississippi State

:cuss:

The Franchise 04-08-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9567777)
:cuss:

You took Theo Riddick from me.......

Burn in hell.

DJ's left nut 04-08-2013 10:00 AM

So ends the Texans draft and I dare say this one was an absolute homerun of a draft:

1) Alec Ogletree - ILB, Georgia
2) Jesse Williams - NT, Alabama
3) Ryan Swope - SWR, Texas A&M
3b) Chris Faulk - OT, LSU
4) Alvin Bailey - G, Alabama
5) Chris Harper - WR, K-State
6) Rontez Miles - FS, Cal (PA)
6b) Steve Williams - NCB, Cal
7) Peter Lalich - QB, Cal (PA)

It's just a great mix of upside and stability. For every Ogletree that could be a character concern, there's a Williams that fell and seems rock solid. For every Faulk that may not recover from injury, there's a healthy Alvin Bailey that can play as a swing-guard on either side of the line.

There's even a toolsy developmental QB in Lalich. There are some much more highly touted guys on the board still, but I don't want to get into a UDFA war for Lalich when I think he has legit starter upside and should be able to push Yates for the backup role immediately (who I'm not impressed with).

It's not a quite a perfect draft, but as I go through my selections and the guys on the board at the time, I just don't see a way I would've preferred to do it, even in hindsight. It's a damn solid effort for a team that was in pretty good shape to begin with.

DaKCMan AP 04-08-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9567779)
You took Theo Riddick from me.......

Burn in hell.

http://www.moviefancentral.com/image...jpg?1332616924

Mr. Flopnuts 04-08-2013 10:52 AM

Come on ****ers. Let me get my last pick in today. I'm back to work tomorrow.