ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Fantastic Four (2015) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=290223)

frankotank 07-14-2015 02:09 PM

the thing looks totally badass

ThaVirus 07-14-2015 02:32 PM

The Thing does look pretty good. Much better than the original.

ThaVirus 07-14-2015 02:33 PM

What are Doctor Doom's powers anyway?

I thought he was most dangerous due to his intelligence, technology and wealth/resources.

lawrenceRaider 07-14-2015 02:55 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Doom

Doctor Doom is a polymath and scientific genius. Throughout most of his publication history, he has been depicted as one of the most intelligent humans in the Marvel Universe. This is shown on many occasions, most famously by actually curing Ben Grimm of his Thing form, which Reed Richards has never repeated.[81] On the other hand, Reed Richards managed to process all the computer calculations necessary to save the life of a disintegrating Kitty Pryde by himself, which is a feat that Doctor Doom at the time professed to be unable to do.[82]

Doctor Doom also possesses originally minor mystical capabilities due to teachings from Tibetan monks, but later increased them to a considerable extent due to tutoring from his lover Morgan Le Fay. He is capable of energy projection, creating protective shields, and summoning hordes of demonic creatures.[83] Even at a time his abilities were consistently referred to as minor, with assistance from his technology and by tag-teaming with Doctor Strange, Doctor Doom managed to come second in a magic tournament held by the ancient sorcerer the Aged Genghis.[84]

Doctor Doom’s armor augments his natural physical strength to superhuman levels, to the point where he is able to hold his own against Spider-Man in hand-to-hand combat,[92] although he tends to rely on long-range tactics when engaging physically stronger foes. It is also highly resistant to harm, sufficient to withstand blows from Iron Man’s armor.[93] The armor can generate a defensive force field[94] and a lethal electric shock killing anyone who might come in contact with Doctor Doom.[94] The armor is self-supporting, equipped with internal stores and recycling systems for air, food, water, and energy, allowing the wearer to survive lengthy periods of exposure underwater or in outer space.

frankotank 07-14-2015 02:56 PM

I think he got zapped with whatever the 4 got zapped with and started turning into metal.
he's like....a metal man....kinda like colossus?

007 07-14-2015 11:33 PM

OK, that trailer has me interested now.

ThaVirus 07-14-2015 11:41 PM

The guy that's playing Reed Richards is such a douche. I'd really like to punch him in the face.

unlurking 07-15-2015 05:51 AM

Still looks like shit.

Rausch 07-15-2015 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 11598554)
the thing looks totally badass

The Thing actually looks close to what he did in the comix. To me his character/personality was the best of the group and I worry they'll change it to modernize him.

Movie (unfortunately) still looks bad. Doom looks terrible.

My big hope is it will stink enough Marvel can get them back and we eventually see a classic Hulk vs. FF moment or movie.

Javabean 07-15-2015 01:10 PM

Doom is not only a genius comparable to Reed Richards with Iron Man-like armor and the second most powerful sorcerer alive (after Dr. Strange), but he also has a solid motivation. He's used magic to look into a hundred thousand possible futures, and the only one in which mankind survives is the one in which he conquers the world.

Also, although he's the brutal dictator of Latveria, the country is peaceful and prosperous. He's gotten rid of hunger and crime, for example, so his oppressive regime is mostly beloved by the citizens.

I really doubt this movie will do it, but Doom could be a great character if more of the story were told from his point of view.

Just Passin' By 07-15-2015 03:04 PM

Still looking like it's going to be 0 for 3 in FF movies

Bowser 07-15-2015 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 11599991)
Still looks like shit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 11601049)

These

Deberg_1990 07-15-2015 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 11601049)

The Buzz isnt good.

Bowser 07-15-2015 09:05 PM

I hope this tanks hard and Marvel reclaims the rights. That's likely the best case scenario for this movie right now.

Javabean 07-16-2015 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 11601595)
I hope this tanks hard and Marvel reclaims the rights. That's likely the best case scenario for this movie right now.

Agreed. I don't particularly care about the Fantastic Four, but having the Silver Surfer and Galactus in the same universe as Thanos would be awesome.