ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Sporting KC ** 2013 Sporting Kansas City / Soccer Thread ** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267316)

|Zach| 12-02-2012 11:44 PM

** 2013 Sporting Kansas City / Soccer Thread **

Current Situation | MLS Cup Finalists. Championship game is December 7th at 3:00 on ESPN.
Previous Match | 2-1 against Houston (2-1 win on aggregate)

Last Game Highlights

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Vsg5OQ-BtsY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MLS Cup

https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/...89751023_n.jpg

http://www.sportingkc.com/sites/kans...offBracket.jpg

Bugeater 12-02-2012 11:45 PM

First in with soccer sucks.

|Zach| 12-02-2012 11:45 PM

I can confirm from a legit source that SKC will have its own thread icon soon. Haha.

Demonpenz 12-02-2012 11:47 PM

I saw Sinovic and what I think was Chance Meyers. I think Chance has cut his hair and has a mustache.

Demonpenz 12-02-2012 11:48 PM

I don't know if that harrington deal is done, I will always remember him for the harrrrrrrington gif and being able to go 1v1 better than most skc players.

|Zach| 12-02-2012 11:48 PM

Lots of Benny Feilhaber to Kansas City talk. I like him in our system but not sure he gets us over the hump.

http://media-cache-ec6.pinterest.com...3vg4Y5YB_b.jpg

KurtCobain 12-02-2012 11:49 PM

This team is good for the city.

Demonpenz 12-02-2012 11:50 PM

plus Affleck is getting an oscar yo.

KurtCobain 12-02-2012 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 9175138)

Hopefully.

|Zach| 12-02-2012 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 9175130)
I don't know if that harrington deal is done, I will always remember him for the harrrrrrrington gif and being able to go 1v1 better than most skc players.

I need to find that gif damnit.

Demonpenz 12-02-2012 11:56 PM

I tried to explain the hilarity of that gif to someone, but it is about as inside of as a joke as it gets. First you have to be an SKC fan, second you have to know he looks like a dueche, then his name spelled out in that meme fashion is funny, then add the fact that he is always on the scoreboard segments at the stadium but barely plays, for me it is funny on so many levels.

AussieChiefsFan 12-02-2012 11:59 PM

This year

TimeForWasp 12-03-2012 12:01 AM

Yes soccer does suck.

Demonpenz 12-03-2012 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Touchdown Kansas City !!! (Post 9175170)
Yes soccer does suck.

naaa dude.

AussieChiefsFan 12-03-2012 12:05 AM

Quote:

Yes soccer does suck.

http://images.wikia.com/dragonball/i...ays_no_gif.gif

|Zach| 12-03-2012 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 9175154)
I tried to explain the hilarity of that gif to someone, but it is about as inside of as a joke as it gets. First you have to be an SKC fan, second you have to know he looks like a dueche, then his name spelled out in that meme fashion is funny, then add the fact that he is always on the scoreboard segments at the stadium but barely plays, for me it is funny on so many levels.

Found it.

http://s16.postimage.org/geryewpcj/harrington.gif

|Zach| 12-03-2012 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9175164)
This year

So how does a guy in Austrailia get into Chiefs football and even more interesting Sporting Kansas City soccer?

Do you follow the A-League at all?

AussieChiefsFan 12-03-2012 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9175387)
So how does a guy in Austrailia get into Chiefs football and even more interesting Sporting Kansas City soccer?

I get asked this a lot. Basically I got interested in Football and noticed KC has a soccer team. Was an easy chioce as Im already a soccer fan.

Quote:

Do you follow the A-League at all?
Not really. I kind of have an idea whats going on when someone wins the final for instance, but i dont follow it, no.

|Zach| 12-03-2012 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9175388)
I get asked this a lot. Basically I got interested in Football and noticed KC has a soccer team. Was an easy chioce as Im already a soccer fan.

Not really. I kind of have an idea whats going on when someone wins the final for instance, but i dont follow it, no.

Interesting. I hear it is sort of up and coming as a league but don't have alot of experience with it.

If you ever make it to Kansas City please let me know. The Cauldron supporters group will completely set you up to see a game.

AussieChiefsFan 12-03-2012 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9175393)
Interesting. I hear it is sort of up and coming as a league but don't have alot of experience with it.

If you ever make it to Kansas City please let me know. The Cauldron supporters group will completely set you up to see a game.

That's incredible! Thanks!

It really would be incredible to visit Kansas City one day. I already know many people who live in KC and obviously am fairly involved with KC related stuff (like the Chiefs, SKC, Strange Music etc) for a city ive never even been to.

Saulbadguy 12-03-2012 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 9175138)

he was the bomb in "phantoms"

Demonpenz 12-03-2012 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 9175420)
he was the bomb in "phantoms"

yo

memyselfI 12-03-2012 07:49 AM

Quote:

Yes soccer does suck.

ROFL . Love it when Royals or Chiefs fans say this. ROFLROFLROFL

memyselfI 12-03-2012 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9175131)
Lots of Benny Feilhaber to Kansas City talk. I like him in our system but not sure he gets us over the hump.

http://media-cache-ec6.pinterest.com...3vg4Y5YB_b.jpg

Oh yum. I approve. :D

I wish we could score a megastar but then I kind of like the idea that our team is made up of a bunch of guys who make their names here after maybe not wanting to come here. Like Kei.

memyselfI 12-03-2012 07:52 AM

Can't we migrate the 2012 thread into this one? There is a ton of relevant info plus some amazing photos and videos that we need to have at our fingertips.

|Zach| 12-03-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9175469)
Can't we migrate the 2012 thread into this one? There is a ton of relevant info plus some amazing photos and videos that we need to have at our fingertips.

This thread will grow like the 2012 thread grew grew before it replacing the previous thread.

Circle of liiiiiifffffeeeeeee

http://images2.fanpop.com/image/phot...92-800-600.jpg

|Zach| 12-03-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9175465)
Oh yum. I approve. :D

I wish we could score a megastar but then I kind of like the idea that our team is made up of a bunch of guys who make their names here after maybe not wanting to come here. Like Kei.

This much we know. They are clearing a shit ton of money of their books right now.

verbaljitsu 12-03-2012 02:17 PM

There is a rumor that we are after this guy:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/d4FLfUyzOLE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That seems too good to be true. I don't know, I'm not plugged in to the MLS rumor mill, but he is still under contract and would require a transfer fee that is probably around 2 million. So...I dunno. How cool would it be to have a midfielder who scored 25 goals a year though!? Zusi could stay out wide.

memyselfI 12-03-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9176520)
This thread will grow like the 2012 thread grew grew before it replacing the previous thread.

Circle of liiiiiifffffeeeeeee

http://images2.fanpop.com/image/phot...92-800-600.jpg

Agreed.

Can we at least get a link to the 2012 thread in the topic thread so we don't have to fish for it in a month when the withdrawal really sets in. :deevee:

Fansy the Famous Bard 12-03-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9176524)
This much we know. They are clearing a shit ton of money of their books right now.

And can shed a lot more if they rid themselves of Nagamura and Convey.

Guys like Besler are going to command a raise at some point, and the thought of still bringing in more Internationals is exciting.

SPATCH 12-03-2012 02:25 PM

So I haven't been able to keep up with any news since our last game, but Espinoza is on his way to Europe, right?

|Zach| 12-03-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by verbaljitsu (Post 9176735)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/d4FLfUyzOLE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That seems too good to be true. I don't know, I'm not plugged in to the MLS rumor mill, but he is still under contract and would require a transfer fee that is probably around 2 million. So...I dunno. How cool would it be to have a midfielder who scored 25 goals a year though!? Zusi could stay out wide.

Yea this has been going around but my understanding is the guy is a winger. I dunno...doesn't seem like a natural fit but there is a whole lot of talk.

|Zach| 12-03-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 9176756)

Guys like Besler are going to command a raise at some point, and the thought of still bringing in more Internationals is exciting.

Besler is going to command a raise now. He is out of contract and they are working on that currently.

Nagamura is not going anywhere he is gonna be a big part of the team. I don't think Convey is either though I am less sure of that. I imagine he will be here with Peterson having shoulder surgery that has a recovery time leading into preseason.

memyselfI 12-03-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 9176756)

Convey was a big waste of space on a number of levels. Have mixed emotions about Nagie. He is ok but he won us the USOC. I am not super attached to keeping him.

Roger is another story. That is a huge loss. And we need to pay Bees whatever he wants. He's awesome and will only get better.

|Zach| 12-03-2012 02:29 PM

Get used to this guy. Probably for years to come.

http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-ge...T120818024.jpg

|Zach| 12-03-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9176766)
Convey was a big waste of space on a number of levels. Have mixed emotions about Nagie. He is ok but he won us the USOC. I am not super attached to keeping him.

Roger is another story. That is a huge loss. And we need to pay Bees whatever he wants. He's awesome and will only get better.

I am not really big on Convey but won't go that far. I think people underrate Nagamura's contributions to the team.

memyselfI 12-03-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9176768)

I like it. He looks awesome in that kit.

Speaking of which, what is the word on that? A new kit and/or sponsor in the works?

|Zach| 12-03-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9176790)
I like it. He looks awesome in that kit.

Speaking of which, what is the word on that? A new kit and/or sponsor in the works?

New kit. Absolutely.

New jersey sponsor....maybe. My understanding of the situation now is flip a coin. They want the right sponsor more than they want a sponsor.

Spicy McHaggis 12-03-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9176768)

He was absolutely fantastic in our final game and definitely allowed the team to part ways with Cesar. Great job by our FO to grab him.

memyselfI 12-03-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9176800)
New kit. Absolutely.

New jersey sponsor....maybe. My understanding of the situation now is flip a coin. They want the right sponsor more than they want a sponsor.

I don't really want a sponsor. I like our minimalist look. Hope it's a good one though. Dang, I just bought a jersey last year. I knew once I did they'd get a new kit. :D

Fansy the Famous Bard 12-03-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9176771)
I am not really big on Convey but won't go that far. I think people underrate Nagamura's contributions to the team.

Nags will be needed more next year with Cesar gone, that's for sure. However, he was an expensive price for a part-time player last year.

Convey, meh... he could retire today and I don't think many would notice.

|Zach| 12-03-2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9176808)
I don't really want a sponsor. I like our minimalist look. Hope it's a good one though. Dang, I just bought a jersey last year. I knew once I did they'd get a new kit. :D

At least you know now. It is a 2 year cycle...so every 2 they change it up.

Fansy the Famous Bard 12-03-2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spicy McHaggis (Post 9176804)
He was absolutely fantastic in our final game and definitely allowed the team to part ways with Cesar. Great job by our FO to grab him.

I just hope they're able to keep him here in KC for more than a couple years...

CHENZ A! 12-03-2012 02:50 PM

I can't wait to see what players we bring in. Never heard Dockal, but he looks like a baller.

|Zach| 12-03-2012 04:41 PM

The Harrington news has been confirmed.

Sporting Kansas City Trades Michael Harrington to Portland Timbers for Allocation Money

http://www.sportingkc.com/news/2012/...location-money

Sporting Kansas City announced today that the club has traded Michael Harrington to the Portland Timbers in exchange for allocation money. Per club policy, financial terms of the agreements will not be disclosed.

“We would like to thank Michael for his six seasons in Kansas City and wish him nothing but the best in Portland,” Sporting Kansas City Manager Peter Vermes said. “Michael has grown as a player and person and we are appreciative of all his contributions to this organization.”

Following a successful college career at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, Harrington was selected third overall in the 2007 MLS SuperDraft by Kansas City as Manager Peter Vermes’ first draft selection. In his first season, Harrington was named the club’s Rookie of the Year, starting 27 matches and recording three goals and four assists as predominantly an outside midfielder.

Harrington later made the move to outside back and finished ninth all-time in Kansas City for regular season minutes played (11,633) and games started (128, T-Josh Wolff). Harrington recorded five goals and 14 assists in six seasons with the club, including 11 appearances (nine starts) in the 2012 season for Sporting Kansas City.

“I want to thank Sporting Kansas City and all of the great fans for my time here. This happens with the business side of sports,” Harrington said. “I am excited to start a new chapter of my career, but will always cherish the wonderful times I had in Kansas City.”

Sporting Kansas City also announced that the club will not exercise the option on Korede Aiyegbusi, making him available for the Stage One MLS Re-entry Draft on Dec. 7.

Aiyegbusi was drafted 20th overall in the second round of the 2010 MLS SuperDraft by Kansas City. He made his professional debut in the opening game of the 2010 MLS season against D.C. United. Aiyegbusi made nine appearances in his three seasons with the club and was regularly featured in Reserve League matches.

Transactions: Sporting Kansas City trades defender Michael Harrington to the Portland Timbers in exchange for allocation money.

Sporting Kansas City will not exercise the option on Korede Aiyegbusi.

Reaper16 12-03-2012 05:13 PM

What's up with these rumors that Besler is being linked to Birmingham City and, maybe, QPR?

memyselfI 12-03-2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9177263)
What's up with these rumors that Besler is being linked to Birmingham City and, maybe, QPR?

Nooooo. That would break my heart. We can't lose Roger and Besler.

|Zach| 12-03-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9177263)

Was hearing whispers about those and then 810 actually broke the news (which is interesting in and of itself) that he had offers to train with Birmingham City, QPR, and a Belgium club.

Some people think there would be work permit issues with the British teams and a lot of people really feel that Matt is a guy that legitimately wants to make Kansas City his home long term.

It is an interesting development though.

Stanley Nickels 12-03-2012 06:48 PM

I pretty much rely on a basic Twitter search for my MLS rumors (which is where I just read about Bukaty reporting Besler's possible QPR trial... What are some good websites for these rumors? Or just specific Twitter accounts I should follow?

|Zach| 12-03-2012 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 9177488)
I pretty much rely on a basic Twitter search for my MLS rumors (which is where I just read about Bukaty reporting Besler's possible QPR trial... What are some good websites for these rumors? Or just specific Twitter accounts I should follow?

Really good SKC follows be it the offseason rumors or in season stuff are...

@downthebyline (dude knows EVERYTHING related to Wizards\SKC we call him Mikeapedia)
@Sporting_Times
@AndysEdSKC

More generic MLS follows for this stuff...

@SoccerByIves (If he puts it out it is legit)
@mlsrumors (They post crazy outlandish stuff but are sometimes on target)

Stanley Nickels 12-03-2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9177510)
Really good SKC follows be it the offseason rumors or in season stuff are...

@downthebyline (dude knows EVERYTHING related to Wizards\SKC we call him Mikeapedia)
@Sporting_Times
@AndysEdSKC

More generic MLS follows for this stuff...

@SoccerByIves (If he puts it out it is legit)
@mlsrumors (They post crazy outlandish stuff but are sometimes on target)

Sweet. Rep.

|Zach| 12-03-2012 08:55 PM

Some pretty credible sources indicating Besler isn't far from reupping with Sporting.

Reaper16 12-03-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9178053)
Some pretty credible sources indicating Besler isn't far from reupping with Sporting.

Some commenters on Seltzer's blog are mad that Besler won't "make the jump" for the benefit of USMNT.

Which brings me to ask: am I the only one that cares about Sporting Kansas City more than USMNT?

(Which extends to all facets of my life: I care about individual cities more than the nation as a whole).

|Zach| 12-03-2012 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9178065)
Some commenters on Seltzer's blog are mad that Besler won't "make the jump" for the benefit of USMNT.

Which brings me to ask: am I the only one that cares about Sporting Kansas City more than USMNT?

(Which extends to all facets of my life: I care about individual cities more than the nation as a whole).

Club vs Country is a pretty famous soccer debate with a lot of interesting perspectives.

I saw those commenters and disagreed with the characterization but aside from that...

I love watching the USMNT and they are a bigger deal but it is the team version of this hastily and awkwardly put together team that is only loosely identifiable or relatable.

When the USMNT is playing I am all about but if you had to ask me to choose it wouldn't be close. SKC is an organic and consistent part of the culture

Demonpenz 12-03-2012 10:00 PM

I like going down to subway and seeing SKC players. I also like stats and such.

WoodDraw 12-03-2012 10:22 PM

I used to like Feilhaber a few years ago. Can't say I've followed him much recently. I still think him getting that work permit and going to Derby hurt his career. Some people get too into "playing in England" and end up going to unstable relegation fodder teams when they'd be better off going somewhere with an established manager and youth program.

As for club vs. country and players moving, that's just the reality of a global game. I'm not a big fan US players going to backwater leagues in Europe just for the sake of it. A lot of times you eventually end up with a manager that doesn't know you and doesn't care. But if you can find the right club in the right country, it's hard to judge someone for leaving. Every country puts up with that.

|Zach| 12-03-2012 11:14 PM

Thanks to the great idea by alnorth (ironically not a soccer fan) ChiefsPlanet now as an SKC thread icon you can use for new threads as you see with this thread right here.

Boom.

memyselfI 12-04-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9178663)
Thanks to the great idea by alnorth (ironically not a soccer fan) ChiefsPlanet now as an SKC thread icon you can use for new threads as you see with this thread right here.

Boom.

Yippee. Thanks to the soccer hatin mods (whoever those poor clueless bastards may still be...hehe) who did not stand in the way of such a huge step in the evolution of soccer on this board and in this city. :D

|Zach| 12-04-2012 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9180467)
Yippee. Thanks to the soccer hatin mods (whoever those poor clueless bastards may still be...hehe) who did not stand in the way of such a huge step in the evolution of soccer on this board and in this city. :D

DaFace was nice enough to help us out.

|Zach| 12-04-2012 02:37 PM

Shameless plug. I was asked to be a regular part of an SKC centric (as well as MLS) podcast that had its first episode go live today called "Kick The Ball". Give it a listen if you need your SKC discussion fix. Features some good folks. I think it turned out well for our first run.

http://kicktheball.us/

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...68729015_n.jpg

Stanley Nickels 12-04-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9178663)

Boom.

It looks great! Major props to alnorth and DaFace, among others.

Stanley Nickels 12-04-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9180486)
Shameless plug. I was asked to be a regular part of an SKC centric (as well as MLS) podcast that had its first episode go live today called "Kick The Ball". Give it a listen if you need your SKC discussion fix. Features some good folks. I think it turned out well for our first run.

Will do. I listen to a metric shit-ton of podcasts, so this'll have at least one regular listener.

|Zach| 12-04-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 9180488)
Will do. I listen to a metric shit-ton of podcasts, so this'll have at least one regular listener.

Great!

memyselfI 12-04-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9180476)
DaFace was nice enough to help us out.

Awesome. I'll find a post and send him rep! :D

Fansy the Famous Bard 12-04-2012 02:41 PM

awesome zach, will have to listen.

Nash 12-04-2012 03:40 PM

So guys.............................................Espinoza's leaving............:deevee:

|Zach| 12-05-2012 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by verbaljitsu (Post 9176735)

Turns out there is nothing to this rumor.

BTAU 12-05-2012 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9180486)

This was a good listen. I have been looking for an SKC centric podcast for a while. Well done!

|Zach| 12-05-2012 12:20 PM

Looks like we have some solid depth at left back for a fair price. Looks like a decent move.

Sporting Kansas City acquires Josh Gardner from Montreal Impact

http://www.sportingkc.com/sites/kans.../141961398.jpg

Sporting Kansas City acquired defender/midfielder Josh Gardner from the Montreal Impact on Wednesday in exchange for Sporting KC’s highest pick in the second round of the 2013 MLS SuperDraft. The option on Gardner’s contract has been exercised and he has been added to the Sporting Kansas City roster. Per club policy, terms of the agreement will not be disclosed.

“We are very happy to welcome Josh to the organization and look forward to adding another quality player to compete within our roster,” Sporting Kansas City Manager Peter Vermes said.

Gardner, 30, began his MLS career in 2004 with the LA Galaxy as the 13th overall selection out of the University of Cincinnati. He led the Bearcats with six goals and six assists in 2003, earning All-Conference USA first team honors and securing the school’s second NCAA Tournament berth in program history. In three seasons, he compiled 14 goals and 15 assists in 60 games played.

His standout junior season and a strong showing with the United States Under-20 Men’s National Team under then-head coach Thomas Rongen at the U.S. Soccer Festival in 2003 saw him join Major League Soccer’s Project-40 Class of 2004.

Gardner played three seasons for the Galaxy and was a member of the 2005 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup and MLS Cup championship squad, making 21 appearances from 2004-2006. He recorded a goal and assist in his first professional start against Deportivo Saprissa in the 2006 CONCACAF Champions Cup quarterfinals.

Gardner next played for the Seattle Sounders, helping the team win the USL-1 Championship and the Commissioner’s Cup in 2007. In two seasons with Seattle, he made 52 appearances with seven goals and four assists.

The Texas-native would move to the Carolina RailHawks for the 2009 and 2010 seasons, contributing eight goals and nine assists. He was named Team MVP in 2010 when he helped the club reach the USSF D-2 championship.

Gardner returned to MLS in 2011 to play for the Columbus Crew, where he notched two goals and two assists in 23 matches (including postseason). At the conclusion of the 2011 season, the Montreal Impact selected Gardner in the MLS Expansion Draft and he made six appearances for the club in 2012. He also recorded four assists in six starts in the 2012 MLS Reserve League.

“I’m very excited to come to Kansas City. Sporting KC is an organization where the ownership group and coaching staff have done great things,” Gardner said. “They have accomplished a lot and I look forward to playing in the best stadium and in front of all the passionate fans.”

Sporting Kansas City currently holds the 14th overall and 33rd overall selections in the 2013 MLS SuperDraft.

VITALS

Josh Gardner

Position: Defender/midfielder
Number: TBD
Height: 5-10

Weight: 167
Born: 9/14/1982
Birthplace: Brazosport, Texas

Hometown: Houston, Texas
Citizenship: USA
Last Club: Montreal Impact (MLS)
Twitter: @Gardner31

Transaction: Sporting Kansas City acquires defender/midfielder Josh Gardner from the Montreal Impact in exchange for the club's highest second round pick in the 2013 MLS SuperDraft.

KurtCobain 12-05-2012 12:33 PM

Josh Gardner really is a good depth move. I wish Pioli knew how to work a roster like SKC.

ArrowheadHawk 12-05-2012 12:36 PM

I dig the new thread icon.

KurtCobain 12-05-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 9182622)

Hey, thanks for pointing that out.

http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/ebe/744...tty-fe7ea3.jpg

|Zach| 12-05-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 9182622)

Yea thanks to DaFace and alnorth.

|Zach| 12-06-2012 11:25 AM

Gardner happy to land at SKC as team preps for busy 2013

http://www.sportingkc.com/sites/kans.../145825487.jpg

It didn't take long for Sporting Kansas City to restore their depth at left back.

On Wednesday, two days after dealing veteran fullback Michael Harrington to Portland for allocation money and declining to pick up Korede Aiyegbusi's option, Sporting acquired Josh Gardner from the Montreal Impact in exchange for a second-round pick in the 2013 MLS SuperDraft.

"They have a good squad, a good organization," Gardner told MLSsoccer.com by phone. "I'm looking forward to being part of an organization that wants to win."

Sporting, who had already waived left back Neven Markovic before this week's moves, get a CONCACAF competition veteran and left-side versatility in the 30-year-old Gardner. He appeared in the CONCACAF Champions' Cup in 2006 with the LA Galaxy, scoring against Costa Rican side Deportivo Saprissa in his professional debut, and in the CONCACAF Champions League with Columbus in 2011.

"I'm just looking to vie for minutes," he said. "Obviously, [left back] Seth Sinovic and the other guys on the left side for the last couple of years, and I'm looking to come in and be a team player in any way possible, whether it's a left back or left wing position. Obviously, I'm comfortable in both positions, so as long as we're getting wins and I'm helping the team in any way possible, I'm happy."

Kansas City's run to the Open Cup title in 2012 and qualification for the 2013-14 CCL bode well for his playing time possibilities, Gardner said.

"You look at the regular MLS season. You've got 30-plus games," he said. "Then if you do well in Open Cup, you have another five or six. And now they're going to be playing Champions League, which is quite a few more games. I want to be playing as many games as possible. I'm looking forward to getting back into that tournament, and I hope we show well."

Gardner, who appeared in only six MLS matches with the Impact after being taken from the Crew in the 2011 Expansion Draft, also is looking forward to playing in front of Livestrong Sporting Park's big, supportive crowds.

"When we played there, the fans were crazy," he said. "It was like having an extra player on the field."

|Zach| 12-06-2012 03:10 PM

Notable MLS move today.

LE TOUX RETURNING TO UNION AFTER PHILLY AND RBNY COMPLETE TRADE

By IVES GALARCEP

Less than a year after being traded away from the team he spent two years starring for, Sebastien LeToux is one his way back to the Philadelphia Union.

The New York Red Bulls have traded LeToux to the Philadelphia Union for allocation money and the rights to a player to be named later, sources with knowledge of the trade confirmed to SBI on Thursday. The trade came the same day the Red Bulls made a Bona Fide offer to LeToux to secure his MLS rights, which paved the way for the trade.

The player to be named later has yet to be informed of the trade, but sources tell SBI the player is not a high-profile player for the Union.

LeToux returns to the Union after spending time with the Vancouver Whitecaps and Red Bulls in 2012. Traded from the Union to the Whitecaps for allocation money at the start of the 2011 season, LeToux will now return to a Union side where he scored 25 goals over the course of the 2010 and 2011 seasons.

The deal is the latest in a busy week for the Red Bulls, who acquired Jamison Olave and Fabian Espindola from Real Salt Lake earlier in the week, as well as fullback Kusuke Kimura from the Portland Timbers.

What do you think of the news? Happy to see LeToux back with the Union? Think the Red Bulls got enough back in the trade?

Share your thoughts below.

http://www.soccerbyives.net/images/2...m_-600x400.jpg

memyselfI 12-07-2012 09:49 PM

Zach. What is going on? Robb and Callum teasing us. Hope its good.

|Zach| 12-07-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9188959)
Zach. What is going on? Robb and Callum teasing us. Hope its good.

Expect a DP player signing announcement Monday.

|Zach| 12-09-2012 01:15 AM

2012 Sporting Kansas City Highlight Video

(Gets pretty good around the end at 18:12 or so with USOC highlights)

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KLZ9XNbDAF8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

memyselfI 12-09-2012 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9190794)
2012 Sporting Kansas City Highlight Video

(Gets pretty good around the end at 18:12 or so with USOC highlights)

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KLZ9XNbDAF8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I miss this so much. The NFL just doesn't cut it for me like it used to.

Superbowltrashcan 12-10-2012 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9189001)
Expect a DP player signing announcement Monday.

Supposedly an announcement Tuesday at 2 pm. Argentinian that plays in Spain....:thumb:

Zach you hearing this as well? Heck a buddy texted me this that follows your tweets so it was likely you that said it....