ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life GF of 3 years left me yesterday.... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=239616)

gblowfish 01-04-2011 12:32 PM

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zSh1JNZkb-g?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zSh1JNZkb-g?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

WebGem 01-04-2011 12:32 PM

Sorry to hear that dude. Now we both don't have girlfriends and both have shitty hockey teams.

Radar Chief 01-04-2011 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 7320252)
Yes, I do believe that. There is no reason for anything to be hidden. If there are things being hidden, then there isn't true intimacy and you're wasting your time.

Absolutely right. If you don’t have trust, what do you have? It’s certainly not love.

Fat Elvis 01-04-2011 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 7320073)
You share the power. She doesn't run the relationship. I daresay your wife never made you run after her or do other doggie tricks to prove yourself, no?

If I want to run a business, and I want it to succeed, I'm going to surround myself with people who are smarter than me. Those people are going to want to be wanted, they are going to want their talents appreciated; I am going to do whatever I can to keep them in my employment if I value their talents. Does that mean they run the business relationship? Do I have to give them raises, bonuses or whatever to prove my appreciation of their worth to the company? Anyone who wouldn't do these things for their best employees are flat out idiots.

Why wouldn't you do similar things for the one person who you would be willing to spend the rest of your life with? That is a far greater investment of your time, money and life than any business venture.

Brock 01-04-2011 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 7320292)
Why wouldn't you do similar things for the one person who you would be willing to spend the rest of your life with? That is a far greater investment of your time, money and life than any business venture.

Would you put up with an employee who acts as if they don't care about the job, or otherwise jerks you around, no matter how valuable they are?

Hootie 01-04-2011 12:51 PM

sounds like she has moved on and she was crying hysterically because she cares about you a ton and hated the fact she knew she was breaking your heart...

I think it's best to just let her be...

when bad shit happens to me I just think "in 5 years I won't even be thinking about this" and then take a deep breath and treat yourself to a new video game or whatever your hobby is and try to keep your mind off of it...

it's tough dude but time heals all wounds

R8RFAN 01-04-2011 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFan5840 (Post 7320257)
Sorry to hear that dude. Now we both don't have girlfriends and both have shitty hockey teams.

well it is 2011, you 2 could always hookup ROFL

Iowanian 01-04-2011 12:54 PM

You're a silly bitch aren't you?

go stuff the ceremonial gourd in your peace pipe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Comanche (Post 7320051)
Run along now or you will miss the Glee reruns you TIVO'ed

:LOL:

Now run along and do the dishes Martha, your wife will be home soon and you don't want ole Buffalo Hump angered.

pr_capone 01-04-2011 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 7319808)
Are you from Arkansas?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_XaEbKZS_gI...ance_banjo.jpg

What makes you say that?

Fat Elvis 01-04-2011 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 7320306)
Would you put up with an employee who acts as if they don't care about the job, or otherwise jerks you around, no matter how valuable they are?

No. But please explain to me how someone who is working on a Ph.D. and spent the past four years of their life with me jerking me around.

Brock 01-04-2011 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 7320328)
No. But please explain to me how someone who is working on a Ph.D. and spent the past four years of their life with me jerking me around.

"she loves me to death but doesn't feel the same about being in love with me anymore"

Gee, boss/partner/whatever, I really like working here but I just don't feel the same way about it anymore....

tooge 01-04-2011 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 7320233)
You've had a four year relationship and a three year relationship? How young are you? Goodness.

Anyway, if she needs space to work on her education, then give it to her. I don't see why it has to be a "fight for her or forget her" type of thing. Check with her from time to time to see how she's doing. Put forth the effort to show her that you still care about her, but give her the space she needs. When she's done, see where things are at. Who knows? Maybe giving her space will give you time to step back and re-evaluate where you're at compared to where you want to be.

this is good advice, but I'd still make sure to get out and find some rebound sex asap.

Brock 01-04-2011 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Comanche (Post 7320360)
All women have a hidden agenda of some sort. Sorry to be the one to tell ya pal. The agenda can range from a wish to get jewelry for her B'day to wanting children. They love to hint around about stuff and they think that if your really love them then you should be able to just know what it is they are thinking.

As to "intimacy", I suppose you hide nothing from your "significant other"? If you say you don't, you aren't being real, dude.

I hide nothing from my significant other. There is no reason to. Believe it or don't, but it's the only way you have true intimacy with anyone.

Give me a reason why anything should be hidden.

Brock 01-04-2011 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Comanche (Post 7320437)
The perfect example is the question women always ask, "Do these jeans make me look fat?" Dude, if you don't lie about that question you will be in deep chit.

Those jeans don't make her look fat.

stevieray 01-04-2011 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 7320407)
I hide nothing from my significant other. There is no reason to. Believe it or don't, but it's the only way you have true intimacy with anyone.

Give me a reason why anything should be hidden.

...absolutely this.

...honesty IS always the best policy.