ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life If you are a disabled veteran with at least a 60 percent rating... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=287265)

MikeMaslowski 10-07-2014 02:24 PM

If you are a disabled veteran with at least a 60 percent rating...

...take that and enjoy your life around the World..well, Central/South America.

Hey guys! I was thinking about how fortunate I am and thought maybe I could put a bug in the ear of someone to cheer them up and see a new path.

I got out of the Army back in 2010 and was awarded with a 60 percent disability rating. My terrible marriage came to an end, I had used the GI bill to graduate from college and started looking around for work. Wow, did that just about make me want spend the afternoon drinking with Ray Rice...that bad.

After 6 months of deliberating I decided to take my 60 percent (which is around a thousand bucks a month) and move to a fully equipped cabin on the beach in Costa Rica. (the light blue Caribbean waters just outside my front door)

With that monthly money I was able to easily live, enjoy internet, cable, endless white sandy beaches and still have money for "extras". (Obviously no car, big screens or hot water but NO WORK either!)

Going into that adventure I thought I would be happy being single living in one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen at a cut rate price. However..life took over and my heart went pitter patter over a beautiful, smart, gorgeous, amazing, beautiful, perfect Costa Rican woman.

It has been two years since I stepped on the plane and left South Dakota. My WIFE and I just celebrated our one year wedding anniversary on Sunday. (Thanks for the shitty gift fat Andy..my bride said "Why didn't they just count and see that there were twelve players? That seems pretty simple, right?" Gotta love her.)

Anywho, if you have some adventure in your bones (which you do if you signed up) roll the dice Vets. Or, if you are not a vet but have a thousand dollars a month pension or a big wad of cash, take a look around and decide if living in the US is what you really want.

Take the leap and you may be rewarded more than you could ever imagine!

Cheers and have wonderful day! :thumb:

P.S. For anyone that actually wants to try this, let me know and I will break down every step for you. :usa:

Edit: I forgot to mention that I am 30, a good age for retirement.

kepp 10-07-2014 02:44 PM

Thanks, but I already have the details...
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/kfjpi9P2Uiw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Saul Good 10-07-2014 02:48 PM

This is actually a pretty kickass story.

GloryDayz 10-07-2014 02:48 PM

Enjoy the water man...

Saul Good 10-07-2014 02:49 PM

How old are you, and do you have kids?

kepp 10-07-2014 02:50 PM

Seriously though...if I were an empty-nester, I would consider doing this.

MikeMaslowski 10-07-2014 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10992048)
This is actually a pretty kickass story.

Thanks! The full story is actually way better!! I have much, much more that I could share. My future is turning out to be even more amazing. Lots of stuff coming down the pipe.

Who's coming with me!?

MikeMaslowski 10-07-2014 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10992054)
How old are you, and do you have kids?

30 and no biological children.

Ming the Merciless 10-07-2014 02:54 PM

very nice...have contemplated doing this when the kids are grown

im jealous my man

MikeMaslowski 10-07-2014 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 10992064)
very nice...have contemplated doing this when the kids are grown

im jealous my man

I tell ya.. I did not realize just how much bliss life could give you. It is glorious.

When the kiddos grow, shoot me a message and I will find you a nice place! :thumb:

Jethopper 10-07-2014 02:59 PM

Any deployments?

Rausch 10-07-2014 03:01 PM

I'm not yet convinced.

I'm thinking you should offer me the guest room on said beach during my 1 week of vacation.

Hopefully this will be enough time to make up my mind and change my name...

MikeMaslowski 10-07-2014 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jethopper (Post 10992078)
Any deployments?

Nothing to write home about! I was an airborne veterinary technician so I got tossed around a bit.

Ming the Merciless 10-07-2014 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeMaslowski (Post 10992073)
I tell ya.. I did not realize just how much bliss life could give you. It is glorious.

When the kiddos grow, shoot me a message and I will find you a nice place! :thumb:

oh man

hell maybe ill shoot you a line anyway and rent a place for a month some winter

MikeMaslowski 10-07-2014 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10992082)
I'm not yet convinced.

I'm thinking you should offer me the guest room on said beach during my 1 week of vacation.

Hopefully this will be enough time to make up my mind and change my name...

Considering there is only one big room we would have to snuggle!