ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Walking Dead ***With Comic Spoilers*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230850)

Chiefnj2 11-19-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lprechaun (Post 9133333)
They cut his leg off because he was bleeding out.

It would seem to me that cutting off someones leg would increase the risk that they bleed out.

Deberg_1990 11-19-2012 12:15 PM

What I don’t understand is how are there so many zombies? They always show them feeding on humans until there is nearly nothing left……so how do people ever come back as Zombies? Paradox?

Fansy the Famous Bard 11-19-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9133285)
They're starting to make this a really small world. Apparently Woodbury, the prison, and the farm are all pretty close together.

Well, fairly close... i think the prison\farm were a 45 minute drive no?

Lprechaun 11-19-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9133391)
What I don’t understand is how are there so many zombies? They always show them feeding on humans until there is nearly nothing left……so how do people ever come back as Zombies? Paradox?

I would assume the vast majority of them are from the original "outbreak"... we see what a couple hundred people alive so far out of how many millions are in the US... let alone the city of Atlanta and surrounding areas.

Lprechaun 11-19-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9133390)
It would seem to me that cutting off someones leg would increase the risk that they bleed out.

Never heard old war stories of men getting their legs blown apart and them doing amputations and stopping the bleeding? Happens quite a bit.

Fansy the Famous Bard 11-19-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lprechaun (Post 9133344)
They tied Herschel to the bed in case he died while he was unconscious and turned, they shot Lori because she was going to turn having died during the baby extraction scene. If its something you already have, it wouldnt matter if it got in your blood stream or not.

Jim started turning while he was still alive from a bite.

Bites have something too them.

It's not just the dying part. They didn't chop off Herschell's leg because he had a big gash, that's just ridiculous to think that. "Small gash, let's make a bigger gash at the knee!!"

Lprechaun 11-19-2012 12:32 PM

Jim was dieing of fever from the wound not turning

Lprechaun 11-19-2012 12:33 PM

From the episode "Wildfire"
"Wildfire"Edit
As Jim helps in the cleanup of zombie corpses the morning after the attack, Jacqui notices blood on his shirt, and demands he lifts up his shirt, but he rejects so she alerts the remaining survivors. T-Dog restrains him, and Daryl lifts his shirt to reveal the bite wound he suffered during the attack on the camp. There is controversy over Jim as the survivors discuss what to do. Daryl wants to kill him immediately, but is stopped by Rick. Jim is taken with the rest of the survivors in the RV as the women care for him as he throws up and burns from a fever. While on the road, he complains of his sickness and asks that he be left behind, for the sake of the survivors. He is left by a tree, after refusing to take a handgun from Rick, and is bid farewell by each of the survivors as they leave.
His fate is left unknown, but presumably, he succumbed to the fever, reanimated, and is now a walker.

Deberg_1990 11-19-2012 01:52 PM

So is it fair to say that killing Zombies makes Andrea horny? She hooked up with Shane after she took down some walkers, then she jumped over the wall, and obviously got off on killing the biter hand to hand. Then immediately hopped on the Governor….

Lprechaun 11-19-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9133728)
So is it fair to say that killing Zombies makes Andrea horny? She hooked up with Shane after she took down some walkers, then she jumped over the wall, and obviously got off on killing the biter hand to hand. Then immediately hopped on the Governor….

My wife would be the same way haha... kinda the perfect woman if she wasnt so bitchy all the time. (Andrea, not my wife)

KC_Lee 11-19-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barret (Post 9133381)
The Red zone they are talking about could possibly be where the prison is. This could be the reason the people of Woodbury haven't ventured over to the Prison.

Nah, the NFL Network (and by extension Red Zone) is not available in Woodbury. The Gov does not want to hear everyone's complaining about that.

frankotank 11-19-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9133091)
I kind of wish they killed Lori like they did in the comic. People would've been so pissed!

do tell. how did she die in the comic?

frankotank 11-19-2012 02:17 PM

OK...about the bite conversation....
I was under the impression that if you get bit....you're history. now some of you are saying you can get bit and heal and be fine. now I completely get it that if you die of natural causes you're gonna turn....I get that. but if you get bit, you're gonna turn....as was pointed out the example of the dude being left behind sitting by a tree.

so what gives? what's the verdict? I mean think about it....nobodies gonna die from a bite from a human being....unless it's to the jugular.....or it's a zombie.

L.A. Chieffan 11-19-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 9133838)
do tell. how did she die in the comic?

I'm an idiot with spoilers so I put it on your visitor message if anyone wants to know.

Lprechaun 11-19-2012 02:22 PM

No one has since Rick told everyone that they all have it and will turn when they die have turned just from being bit that I can remember. However anyone that has died and not had their head lopped off or brain "killed" has been reanimated.
Herschel is the prime example.. he was bit and bit bad, thought he was going to die and asked to be killed. (if my memory serves me right) The rest of them feared IF /WHEN he died he would turn but he hadnt died yet and they tried their best to keep him alive, but tied him to the bed in case he died and turned. Herschel is still alive and was bitten.