ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Walking Dead ***With Comic Spoilers*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230850)

Lumpy 02-28-2012 12:44 AM

The "Dawn Of The Dead" was a movie... that's the only difference. People paid to see it in the theatre. If they walked out after that scene, oh well. But with a tv series, pushing the envelope with a scene like a baby zombie sucking on a severed finger paci would probably not fare well w/ most viewers.

Plus, there's good ol' censorship to consider. I don't know about AMC, but most cable networks would put the kabosh on it and request a scene rewrite. I honestly wouldn't get uber twitchy by seeing something along those lines, but it would make me a little uncomfortable.

old_geezer 02-28-2012 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 8404216)
Someone threw an idea out there that I don't think we've ever seen in any zombie film or show.

Just to toss this out there we're assuming everyone is infected and you rise from the dead no matter how you die.

What happens if Lori's baby dies? I mean she's all stressed out and getting into car crashes and shit. Does it turn into a zombie and eat it's way out? That has to cross some kind of line that nobody on TV would be willing to cross right?

I actually had just the opposite thought after this week's episode. After all the angst of bringing an infant into this world; what if the child that is born is immune to the zombie virus? A vaccine is produced from its' blood that saves mankind. Story line has been done before but it's more than a long shot IMO.

KC_Lee 02-28-2012 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old_geezer (Post 8404458)
I actually had just the opposite thought after this week's episode. After all the angst of bringing an infant into this world; what if the child that is born is immune to the zombie virus? A vaccine is produced from its' blood that saves mankind. Story line has been done before but it's more than a long shot IMO.

That's what I am thinking. Lori's baby (and any other baby born after the zombies) could help create a cure for the zombies, ala I Am Legend.

WhiteWhale 02-28-2012 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 8404465)
That's what I am thinking. Lori's baby (and any other baby born after the zombies) could help create a cure for the zombies, ala I Am Legend.

Just thinking of that horrible ending makes me so ****in' mad.

The real ending to I am legend is brilliant. That was hollywood garbage they tossed together after test audiences hated the original (and far more awesome) ending. Grrrrrr.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-28-2012 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 8404216)
Someone threw an idea out there that I don't think we've ever seen in any zombie film or show.

Just to toss this out there we're assuming everyone is infected and you rise from the dead no matter how you die.

What happens if Lori's baby dies? I mean she's all stressed out and getting into car crashes and shit. Does it turn into a zombie and eat it's way out? That has to cross some kind of line that nobody on TV would be willing to cross right?

Uh-oh I think a TV writer just stole your idea. Zombie Babies the new SyFy original movie!!!

Deberg_1990 02-28-2012 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 8404205)
They just posted who the governor will be for next season earlier today.

It was announced by AMC last Friday. Which was odd considering its a character from the comics who has never been mentioned on the TV show as of yet.

KC_Lee 02-28-2012 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8404495)
It was announced by AMC last Friday. Which was odd considering its a character from the comics who has never been mentioned on the TV show as of yet.

In the preview of next week there was a quick hint that the kid that skewered his leg was part of another group. Bet that's how the governor gets brought into the series.

Deberg_1990 02-28-2012 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 8404517)
In the preview of next week there was a quick hint that the kid that skewered his leg was part of another group. Bet that's how the governor gets brought into the series.

Which brings up another thing.......in the previews you mentioned, they appeared to be getting intell from the kid....why didnt they do this before they intended to drop him off 18 miles out? They never showed them asking him questions about his group.

blaise 02-28-2012 08:10 AM

I think the knife is a little too close for comfort. I would think their heads would be decomposed enough that you could smash the skull with a bat.

KC_Lee 02-28-2012 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8404524)
Which brings up another thing.......in the previews you mentioned, they appeared to be getting intell from the kid....why didnt they do this before they intended to drop him off 18 miles out? They never showed them asking him questions about his group.

Yeah good point, perhaps poor / lazy script?

blaise 02-28-2012 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 8404556)
Yeah good point, perhaps poor / lazy script?

That seems to happen a lot. They were all over the sanitation department property, fighting, shouting and making noise. But the broken window just causes the zombies to come running.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-28-2012 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 8404559)
That seems to happen a lot. They were all over the sanitation department property, fighting, shouting and making noise. But the broken window just causes the zombies to come running.

Not to mention Daryl riding around on that loud ass motorcycle in past episodes ROFL

NewChief 02-28-2012 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 8404559)

Yeah. The zombies were obviously locked up in that building, but they would have been at that window clamoring to get out with all the noise they were making outside. It was still a cool moment when he broke that window and you just knew what was about to happen, but it wasn't very consistent with zombie behavior we've seen up to this point.

Chiefnj2 02-28-2012 08:38 AM

lots of open cuts and wounds not to pick up the zombie infection.

blaise 02-28-2012 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8404588)
Yeah. The zombies were obviously locked up in that building, but they would have been at that window clamoring to get out with all the noise they were making outside. It was still a cool moment when he broke that window and you just knew what was about to happen, but it wasn't very consistent with zombie behavior we've seen up to this point.

They would have just smashed through it, really. That one shoved his face through Laurie's windshield.
But whatever. I liked the episode. The women on the farm scenes didn't bother me like they did some. You need those scenes to give the other scenes some punch.