ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Mahomes Grade Game 3 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=309611)

-King- 08-25-2017 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 13038292)
He engineered a 6 minute drive which featured over 80 yards passing, overcoming penalty after penalty, getting first downs while working with nothing but 3rd stringers and guys that will be off the team in a week. And this was his roughest pre-season performance so far. Current pre-season passer rating is 105.9. Still hasn't turned the ball over.

Lol wut?
Posted via Mobile Device

Rasputin 08-25-2017 11:37 PM

I wouldn't start him game one but he is the best quarterback on the roster. Patrick can make plays that Alex just can't do but he is still learning and needs time to craft his craft so it's not all on him this season and when the time comes he will be more than ready.

Alex is who we thought he is average. Patrick is not your average quarterback he will do more good than harm but he will always be looking to get his teammates a chance to make a play that's something we don't see in Alex Smith he just makes a scramble for yards or out of bounds.

The team gets an F for flags and failure that is more on the HC than what the quarterbacks have shown.

eDave 08-25-2017 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 13038366)
I wouldn't start him game one but he is the best quarterback on the roster. Patrick can make plays that Alex just can't do but he is still learning and needs time to craft his craft so it's not all on him this season and when the time comes he will be more than ready.

Alex is who we thought he is average. Patrick is not your average quarterback he will do more good than harm but he will always be looking to get his teammates a chance to make a play that's something we don't see in Alex Smith he just makes a scramble for yards or out of bounds.

The team gets an F for flags and failure that is more on the HC than what the quarterbacks have shown.

LMAO No he's not.

Discuss Thrower 08-25-2017 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 13038292)
He engineered a 6 minute drive which featured over 80 yards passing, overcoming penalty after penalty, getting first downs while working with nothing but 3rd stringers and guys that will be off the team in a week. And this was his roughest pre-season performance so far. Current pre-season passer rating is 105.9. Still hasn't turned the ball over.

52 yards of passing on that drive alone.

Rasputin 08-25-2017 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 13038373)
LMAO No he's not.

Maybe not at this precise moment but it won't take much for him to surpass Alex Smith ass to be the best.

I don't see Patrick couldn't out play Smith with the ones. I know Tyreek had the drops so Alex numbers would have been better but he didn't have the appalling Oline that Patrick had to make do with.

It's close ><

ClevelandBronco 08-25-2017 11:57 PM

I gave him a "C" because "D" is passing and he didn't do that very well.

JakeF 08-26-2017 12:17 AM

Some good, some not so good.

Solid B

Baby Lee 08-26-2017 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 13038403)
I gave him a "C" because "D" is passing and he didn't do that very well.

I don't think you understand how matriculation works.

007 08-26-2017 12:32 AM

tonight is a tough game to grade him on. Played with the 2nd team and had to run a lot. Showed some flashes but also looked like a rookie. C from me and I don't mean that to be negative. Just middle of the road.

DaneMcCloud 08-26-2017 12:41 AM

D+

Regardless of whether or not the line protected him, he didn't look confident nor was he authoritative with his throws.

It's a shame that there won't be a cutdown to 75 on Tuesday.

This roster is bloated with guys that will never play on Sundays.

Rasputin 08-26-2017 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 13038445)
tonight is a tough game to grade him on. Played with the 2nd team and had to run a lot. Showed some flashes but also looked like a rookie. C from me and I don't mean that to be negative. Just middle of the road.

I think a big problem was when you get so many penalties it disrupts the rhythm or flow of the game and I think that would be discouraging aspect to deal with. I don't know if that is a valid excuse but those penalties were killer tonight and with shitty blocking he had a lot more to overcome at least he had that nice drive going for him.

Also on third down they ran a draw play that was pretty ****ing cowardness for preseason, he could have gave them an opportunity for a first down.

notorious 08-26-2017 12:43 AM

His pass protection ****ing sucked.

77 should be drawn and quartered. **** him with a barbwire telephone pole.

DaneMcCloud 08-26-2017 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 13038455)
His pass protection ****ing sucked.

77 should be drawn and quartered. **** him with a barbwire telephone pole.

But I've been told that Big 12 defensive players aren't any worse than guys on 90 man NFL rosters and that his offensive line at TT sucked, so this would be nothing new for him.

notorious 08-26-2017 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13038457)
But I've been told that Big 12 defensive players aren't any worse than guys on 90 man NFL rosters and that his offensive line at TT sucked, so this would be nothing new for him.

Sigh.

He felt right at home. It probably felt like playing OU all over again.

eDave 08-26-2017 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 13038461)
Sigh.

He felt right at home. It probably felt like playing OU all over again.

He didn't look right at home tonight. No big, but he got rattled or something. He's coming back down to earth.

Still going to be great though. Good game for him I think, having to go through it.