ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft No elite in this draft. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266016)

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-01-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9070815)
According to Todd McShay and Mel Kiper there is not an elite QB in this draft. They went on to say that there wasn't an elite LT, DE or pass rusher either.
After seeing this I thought I needed to share.

So we finally are going to have a top pick if not the top pick and there is not elite talent available for us to pick from. How frigging depressing.
We should of drafted Tannehill last year like I wanted. We would be in a position to draft Manti Te'O. The best player in the draft this season.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/.../JCDenton2.png

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuure...

Titty Meat 11-01-2012 10:16 AM

There's a reason neither are employed by an NFL team.

R8RFAN 11-01-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9071055)

Hey man, do you worship Satan?

Saccopoo 11-01-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou_Zare (Post 9070997)
RG3 uses his legs if necessary, Geno & Cam like to stay put. But, Smith will move around to buy time much the way Cam does it.

Okay...let's get this straight.

Steve Young was a freak. He was the size of a fullback, with speed, yet had amazing accuracy with his arm.

Cam Newton and Tim Tebow are like this, but have no real accuracy with the arm. But both are total gamers.

Mike Vick has a huge arm and is amazingly fast. Not accurate and makes bad decisions. Not a big build.

RGIII is a smart version of Vick. I wonder about his longevity as he's already had one concussion this year and the team is trying to get him to limit his runs out of the pocket. It was my big concern about Griffin coming out.

Luck, Bradford, and Ponder are all the same type of QB. Nice athleticism, good (not great) arm, head for the game.

Rogers has a very live arm with good athleticism that he uses when it's needed.

Cutler and Stafford are pure pocket passers with cannons.

Eli Manning, Alex Smith, Matt Ryan are heady QB's with okay arms that are very accurate.

If I was trying to associate Geno Smith with a current NFL quarterback, I'd put him in with Aaron Rogers. He's that type of player with that level of upside. He's being looked at by the pundits as almost the same type of player at the same level going into the draft.

I'm okay with that as a potential QBOTF for the Chiefs.

bevischief 11-01-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9071120)
Okay...let's get this straight.

Steve Young was a freak. He was the size of a fullback, with speed, yet had amazing accuracy with his arm.

Cam Newton and Tim Tebow are like this, but have no real accuracy with the arm. But both are total gamers.

Mike Vick has a huge arm and is amazingly fast. Not accurate and makes bad decisions. Not a big build.

RGIII is a smart version of Vick. I wonder about his longevity as he's already had one concussion this year and the team is trying to get him to limit his runs out of the pocket. It was my big concern about Griffin coming out.

Luck, Bradford, and Ponder are all the same type of QB. Nice athleticism, good (not great) arm, head for the game.

Rogers has a very live arm with good athleticism that he uses when it's needed.

Cutler and Stafford are pure pocket passers with cannons.

Eli Manning, Alex Smith, Matt Ryan are heady QB's with okay arms that are very accurate.

If I was trying to associate Geno Smith with a current NFL quarterback, I'd put him in with Aaron Rogers. He's that type of player with that level of upside. He's being looked at by the pundits as almost the same type of player at the same level going into the draft.

I'm okay with that as a potential QBOTF for the Chiefs.

Same here on Geno.

Saccopoo 11-01-2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou_Zare (Post 9071016)
I think the moves Pioli made last season are what cooked his goose here. He failed to get face time with Manning, didn't make an attempt at Orton, didn't try for one of the two elite QB's that will go down in NFL history as the next "Peyton & Brady or Montana & Marino" type players of the decade and he fired the wrong coach.

All this because of his faith in Matty C, a guy that already proved last season to be an absolute failure.

The problem is, Pioli wants the Brady and Montana, not the Peyton or Elway.

He wants to find the diamond in the rough, the 3rd to 7th round QB that comes out to be a Hall of Famer.

He doesn't want to spend a first rounder on one. It's already been reported that he thinks that's "too risky."

suds79 11-01-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9071120)

I see the comparison in that he has some athleticism and seemingly only uses it when he needs it but I feel like it's important to point out that while Geno has a good arm (strength wise), it's not on the level with Rogers.

Still, not a big deal IMO. Just don't give me a weak armed QB. I want our next QB to be not have any part of the field that is limited. As long as he has good arm strength, that's enough for me. And I think Geno does. (Wilson does also).

crazycoffey 11-01-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Arrowhead (Post 9070834)
Aaron Rodgers wasnt considered Elite either

Ryan Leaf was.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-01-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barney Stinson (Post 9071176)
Ryan Leaf was.

ROFL Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

ct 11-01-2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 9070835)
I'd settle for any of Barkley\smith\Wilson, regardless of what ESPN thinks.

this

Death2CasselFans 11-01-2012 10:51 AM

We could always suck next year and draft another 1st round QB like North Carolina did with Cam Newton/Jimmy Claussen (2nd round)

L.A. Chieffan 11-01-2012 10:52 AM

Everybody chant with me, " TE'O, TE'O, TE'O!"

RealSNR 11-01-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9070853)
I am not all "woe is us" bullshit either.

WTF are some of you all that big of pussies. A little depressing or aggrevating is not the end of the world or anything. It is just more of a sign that our FO is not paying attention to what is going on around them. They should know what the next couple of drafts are going to have to offer for the most part.
And surely you don't believe that anyone is just going to turn a switch and all the sudden we can start winning. It doesn't work like that. I never have wanted to suck for anything. **** that too.

You're the one acting like a pussy here. "Todd McShay said there weren't any elite QBs this year? Boohoo."

I don't care if you really want to draft one of these QBs as much as the rest of us. Cut the crap and stop your bitching.

Also, get your sarcasm meter fixed ASAP. If you have one.

RealSNR 11-01-2012 10:56 AM

Manti T'eo is no Aaron Curry

BossChief 11-01-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9071151)
The problem is, Pioli wants the Brady and Montana, not the Peyton or Elway.

He wants to find the diamond in the rough, the 3rd to 7th round QB that comes out to be a Hall of Famer.

He doesn't want to spend a first rounder on one. It's already been reported that he thinks that's "too risky."

The interview you are referencing was the predraft interview last year. He didn't say that taking a first round quarterback was "too risky" he said that trading multiple first rounders would be "irresponsible" he even said that he could see himself trading up to take one, just not with multiple first round picks.

Of course, all that went moot when he doubled down on Cassel and disregarded trading even a third round pick for Tannehill and didn't bring in anyone that could upgrade the position for us.

IMO we should have signed Orton AND traded up for Tannehill and proceeded to do what Miami did with a completely open qb competition.

If Pioli is allowed to stay, I fully expect him to draft Landry Jones. I said as much almost 2 years ago.