ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Hypothetical: Trading up for Geno. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269835)

Nightfyre 02-09-2013 01:47 PM

There are no truly elite players in this draft. Sort of interesting. There isn't a Von Miller or a Suh or a Long yet everyone still wants us to magically trade down so we can take a second rate QB. Why can't the Chiefs have a QB?

Saccopoo 02-09-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9389516)
There are no truly elite players in this draft. Sort of interesting. There isn't a Von Miller or a Suh or a Long yet everyone still wants us to magically trade down so we can take a second rate QB. Why can't the Chiefs have a QB?

I think this is a pretty darn good draft from a depth and talent perspective, and I think that there are some high level players.

IMO, Geno Smith is as good a prospect at the QB position as anybody that's come out the past ten years. His numbers/production/accuracy at the college level are absolutely ridiculous. He's prototype size, damn near perfect delivery, very good arm, experienced, etc. He's an easy #1 pick in the draft.

Think about the last draft when we took Dontari Poe at #11. There's two guys in this draft that are markedly better than him in Starlite Lotulelei and John Hankins. There's four cornerbacks in Milliner, Banks, Rhodes and Amerson who have incredibly high ceilings. A bunch of stud rush ends in Werner, Jones, Mingo, Montgomery, Moore, Jordan, Okafor, Ansah, etc. A couple of elite level guards in Warmack and Cooper. Some really nice ILB prospects in Ogletree, Minter, Te'o, Bostic, Johnson. A lot of really good looking receivers. The QB's are deep and experienced.

The only position that isn't really talented and deep is the offensive tackles.

The main problem is that you are coming off a class that featured the most hyped prospect in years in Luck and a lot of the rookie QB's did really well this past year.

I personally think it's a very good draft and the Chiefs should be able to get three immediate starters at the QB, CB and ILB positions.

Nightfyre 02-09-2013 08:50 PM

I think you have a bunch of B+ prospects at every position. First round talents about 45 players deep or so I would estimate, but no infallible "can't miss" guys.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 02-09-2013 09:21 PM

If the QBs have the possibility of rising after the combine(which most assume a given). Then there is the possibility of someone else other than QB rising. That some other team falls in love with. So trading down is the option for me, just not very far.

Hammock Parties 02-09-2013 09:31 PM

Geno doesn't make it past the Raiders. This is a silly post.

Old Dog 02-13-2013 01:55 PM

If the league assigns me Geno at #15 and takes away my 2nd and moves my 4th down I'm taking Wilson at #1, so I don't know if I should have voted for "other" or "F U"

saphojunkie 02-13-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9387500)
In the interest of playing this game by its intended rules, I'd take Damontre Moore

So you're the other one. Nice to know.

I realize we have Houston and Hali, but I just don't have a problem with having multiple pass rushers. If the Giants can essentially run 4 defensive ends on their front, why couldn't the Chiefs figure out how to have three pass rushers out of 4 linebacking spots in obvious passing downs?

saphojunkie 02-13-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9390667)
Geno doesn't make it past the Raiders. This is a silly post.

In this world, the Raiders have traded for Alex Smith and extended Carson Palmer and signed Matt Moore to a three year deal.

Sorter 02-13-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9400437)
So you're the other one. Nice to know.

I realize we have Houston and Hali, but I just don't have a problem with having multiple pass rushers. If the Giants can essentially run 4 defensive ends on their front, why couldn't the Chiefs figure out how to have three pass rushers out of 4 linebacking spots in obvious passing downs?

While I have advocated this in the past, the reasons the Giants have been so successful at it is that in pass rushing situations, both JPP and Tuck can play inside at either the 3 or 2 tech. JPP is best suited out on the edge but being able to have him, Kiwanuka, Osi, and Tuck all rush the passer is nasty.