ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Jenkins to IR, Avant signed, offense should be better. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=288634)

Wallcrawler 11-22-2014 06:26 PM

Jenkins to IR, Avant signed, offense should be better.

Im pretty happy about this. Jenkins offered nothing aside from a would-be big play that ended with him surrendering a sure TD by running out of bounds of his own volition.

Avant knows the offense, and moreover, is pretty damned sure handed. Id really like to see what the details of his signing are, but I have to believe that this just made the offense better. Hell, he cant be any worse than AJ Jenkins at worst.

It would be great to have another receiver out on the field that could compliment Bowe, and perhaps even take some of the attention off of him. He should fit right into this offense and hopefully be able to contribute against the Broncos.

If anything it will be refreshing to see a WR that actually catches passes that Alex puts right on him.

KCrockaholic 11-22-2014 06:28 PM

Almost reminds me of the Kevin Curtis signing lol.

But Avant will be a little better than that.

Hammock Parties 11-22-2014 06:32 PM

Avant is slow as ****.

chiefzilla1501 11-22-2014 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 11137298)
Im pretty happy about this. Jenkins offered nothing aside from a would-be big play that ended with him surrendering a sure TD by running out of bounds of his own volition.

Avant knows the offense, and moreover, is pretty damned sure handed. Id really like to see what the details of his signing are, but I have to believe that this just made the offense better. Hell, he cant be any worse than AJ Jenkins at worst.

It would be great to have another receiver out on the field that could compliment Bowe, and perhaps even take some of the attention off of him. He should fit right into this offense and hopefully be able to contribute against the Broncos.

If anything it will be refreshing to see a WR that actually catches passes that Alex puts right on him.

If we expect Avant to replace Avery or Jenkins, he's not going to make our offense better. Avant will be an upgrade over Hemingway in the slot.

cdcox 11-22-2014 06:34 PM

A 31 year old WR averaging 30 yards per game over his career replacing a 31 year old WR averaging 38 yards per game.

I'm trying to contain my excitement.

Wallcrawler 11-22-2014 06:34 PM

He's slow, but he can run routes and make catches. Something that our WR's seem to have trouble doing.

Hell, if he just catches the ball and falls down he will be doing better than half the scrubs we field at WR.

Wallcrawler 11-22-2014 06:39 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6nYzfKb7p4

That catch at the 3 minute mark, Hemingway or Jenkins could only dream of catching that pass.

BigMeatballDave 11-22-2014 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 11137311)
A 31 year old WR averaging 30 yards per game over his career replacing a 31 year old WR averaging 38 yards per game.

I'm trying to contain my excitement.

He's not replacing Avery.

RealSNR 11-22-2014 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 11137312)
He's slow, but he can run routes and make catches. Something that our WR's seem to have trouble doing.

Hell, if he just catches the ball and falls down he will be doing better than half the scrubs we field at WR.

**** YOU

Wallcrawler 11-22-2014 06:52 PM

Avery coming back will be big. Avant's made some badass catches in his career with the Eagles, and we need guys that can catch the damn ball. Shit. Compared to Hemingway, Avant looks like Jerry ****ing Rice.

Cam Newton and the Panthers are a dumpster fire. Its not hard to figure out why Avant wouldn't get much production with a 1 read and run QB.

Avery has the threat to stretch the field, though Alex will probably not pull the trigger. Avant could be Alex's new favorite target when Kelce isn't on the field. Short to intermediate, "safe" routes with an extremely high chance to complete the pass because the dude has great hands.

If either of those guys can take a little pressure off of Bowe, we might finally see a WR get a TD.

How hilarious is it going to be when Avant's the guy that breaks the streak of games with no WR tds?

Wallcrawler 11-22-2014 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 11137332)
**** YOU

Wow. That escalated (escaladed?) quickly.

Who lit the fuse on your tampon, sunshine? Or is it just residual angst from that terrible TNF game?

kcxiv 11-22-2014 07:02 PM

none of this shit matter if Alex wont let the ball go and we dont even try to stretch the field.

Very Rare that Alex throws through windows. He rather run it for 2 yards.

Reerun_KC 11-22-2014 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 11137346)
none of this shit matter if Alex wont let the ball go and we dont even try to stretch the field.

Very Rare that Alex throws through windows. He rather run it for 2 yards.

Those pesky windows.

kcxiv 11-22-2014 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 11137351)
Those pesky windows.

They are only pesky if your a Chiefs fan! lol Good qb's have no problem with them.

TinyEvel 11-22-2014 07:09 PM

Meh. I sure hope he adds something if even just pulls some attention toward himself so someone else can get open. But an older guy like that, if he's not fast I don't see Alex throwing his way if he has a DB within five feet of him.