ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Amazing Spider Man trailer (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=247350)

Param 07-21-2011 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 7759468)
I'm all for a transformers redo though.

Yes please.

Now on topic, not watching this.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-23-2011 01:32 AM

Is this for real? And if it is, who the **** would go see it?

Totally Casstarded.

keg in kc 07-23-2011 06:02 AM

It looked better to me watching the trailer on the big screen, but the first person bit at the end seemed like a gimmick out of a video game trailer. I was surprised by how much they had in the trailer, though; they haven't been shooting all that long IIRC.

I'm not as vehemently against remaking it as other people. All I really care about is whether it's good or not, and a minute of it isn't enough to tell.

Hammock Parties 07-23-2011 07:30 AM

Looks like a TV show.

Deberg_1990 07-23-2011 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7765646)
. I was surprised by how much they had in the trailer, though; they haven't been shooting all that long IIRC.

Actually they have havent they? IM pretty sure filming is complete.

keg in kc 07-23-2011 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 7765974)
Actually they have havent they? IM pretty sure filming is complete.

Could be. I think they started shooting in early May. They can't be very far along in the overall production at this point, though, that was mainly what I was saying. They're a year away from release.

MoreLemonPledge 07-23-2011 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7766001)
Could be. I think they started shooting in early May. They can't be very far along in the overall production at this point, though, that was mainly what I was saying. They're a year away from release.

Dane would know.

ThaVirus 07-23-2011 07:26 PM

Saw the trailer today in 3-D (not sure if that makes a diff?).. But I thought the first-person view was pretty cool. Even so, am NOT ready for a reboot.

Deberg_1990 07-23-2011 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 7766851)
. Even so, am NOT ready for a reboot.

IMO, they would have been better off just starting with a new cast and storyline. What i dont like is another origin story. Boring and predictable so close to the last one. Everyone by now is very familiar with Spideys origin. Why waste another 30 to 45 minutes of your movie setting that up again?

ThaVirus 07-23-2011 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 7766889)
IMO, they would have been better off just starting with a new cast and storyline. What i dont like is another origin story. Boring and predictable so close to the last one. Everyone by now is very familiar with Spideys origin. Why waste another 30 to 45 minutes of your movie setting that up again?

Exactamundo, sir. Spider-Man is the biggest superhero cashgrab outside of Batman at the moment. EVERYONE knows who Spider-Man is.. Le sigh. It's all about the paper...

EDIT: I guess I can give them points for attempting to flesh out Parker's parents and that whole relationship dynamic... But the more I think about it, no. No, I can't. I won't pretend to have read every Spidey comic, but I am a Spidey fiend. As far as I'm aware, Parker's parents have never been a factor, in any incarnation.

The_Doctor10 07-23-2011 08:30 PM

While I understand why the studio is doing it, I don't see the public being too terribly enamored with a reboot of a franchise that was absolutely beloved until the massive turd that was Spider-Man 3... Spider-Man was the most successful opening of all time for a reason. Spider-Man 2 was one of the best comic book movies ever made; at the time, probably THE best.

This just feels unnecessary. Batman needed to be saved. Superman needs to be saved. Green Lantern is gonna need a reboot if the second one is as bad as the first. At this point, even the Hulk reboot was pointless since they fired Edward Norton for reasons unknown and cast Mark ****ing Ruffalo.

I'll be fapping to Emma Stone tonight, no denying it, but this feels like it would set a dangerous precedent if it were to work, and I'm almost hoping it doesn't.

The_Doctor10 07-23-2011 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 7766938)
Exactamundo, sir. Spider-Man is the biggest superhero cashgrab outside of Batman at the moment. EVERYONE knows who Spider-Man is.. Le sigh. It's all about the paper...

EDIT: I guess I can give them points for attempting to flesh out Parker's parents and that whole relationship dynamic... But the more I think about it, no. No, I can't. I won't pretend to have read every Spidey comic, but I am a Spidey fiend. As far as I'm aware, Parker's parents have never been a factor, in any incarnation.

In the animated series in the 90s, I remember there being a big arc about how his parents were American spies in the Soviet Union... what came of that, I don't remember. But it was a fairly big deal if I recall correctly.

Deberg_1990 07-23-2011 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unleash_the_Phury (Post 7766963)
While I understand why the studio is doing it, I don't see the public being too terribly enamored with a reboot of a franchise that was absolutely beloved until the massive turd that was Spider-Man 3...

Agreed.....heck even Spider Man 3 was enormously popular and successful in a pure dollars sense.

keg in kc 07-23-2011 09:57 PM

They're also trying to change the dynamic of spider-man himself, apparently, making him more snarky in costume, to match the books.

007 07-23-2011 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7767099)
They're also trying to change the dynamic of spider-man himself, apparently, making him more snarky in costume, to match the books.

snarky?