ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Okay, It's Time to Come Clean (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270240)

DaneMcCloud 02-21-2013 02:03 AM

Okay, It's Time to Come Clean

This has been an extremely difficult month+ for more me. I'm not really one to share my personal life with this forum but early last month, my wife was diagnosed with cancer. I've never had to deal with this, ever. Not parents, cousins, grandparents, great aunts and uncles, etc.

Because my MIL contracted terminal cancer two years ago and has already outlived her prognosis, we chose not to tell anyone at all, until we definitely knew what we were facing. It was beyond difficult to hold it inside.

So, this issue, which is completely unrelated to this forum, began to manifest itself. I began "playfully" poking at people for their views on a QB. My unrelated feelings and anger began to take over and I felt cathartic and a release arguing over a certain QB that people that I respect and would at any other time, call friends.

I was pretty out of control in late January and without going back to read what I posted, probably completely out of control in February. I was releasing all this energy, which has been enormous, to say the least. This forum allowed me to do just that.

As most of you know, I have a 4 year old and a 6 month old. The very thought of losing my wife of 17 years was devastating. Every single question went through my mind: Do I re-marry? No. Then how do my girls grow up without not only their mother, but a mother figure? How can I raise two babies? How am I going to do this? The internal questions were almost never ending.

My wife had surgery last week and just this evening, the doctor confirmed that she was cancer-free. She'll need to have monthly checkups for 2 years, then quarterly check ups for 3 years. But it was pretty much a revelation and a new lease on life.

Anyway, my apologies to SNR, BossChief, DJ, Htis, Milkman, etc. for putting up my nonsense. As I said, it's been a release and I appreciate the fact that you guys haven't totally lost it with me.

So, with all that said, I'm back to normal. Well, at least as much as I can be after this experience.

Thanks again.

007 02-21-2013 02:10 AM

Back to normal? :)

So glad that everything worked out. That is a hell of a burden to have to carry. Can't imagine how I would have handled it.

BryanBusby 02-21-2013 02:11 AM

In before **** you?

Grats; **** Cancer

Direckshun 02-21-2013 02:11 AM

Fantastic news. Glad to hear that she's cancer-free.

SPchief 02-21-2013 02:12 AM

Go **** yourself.

In all seriousness, hope things stay good and she stays free of the cancer.

Saccopoo 02-21-2013 02:16 AM

So, full on Geno now?

Yes?

You know you are.

I think your six month old should now be nicknamed Geno.

And I'm glad shit worked out.

For you, your wife and Geno.

DaneMcCloud 02-21-2013 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9421778)
Back to normal? :)

So glad that everything worked out. That is a hell of a burden to have to carry. Can't imagine how I would have handled it.

It was awful.

As you know, we announced on Facebook weeks after the diagnosis and just before surgery.

Suffice to say, it was extremely difficult for me. We didn't tell our oldest, didn't tell any family and had to keep it inside. After my wife would go to sleep, I'd just seek seclusion. I wanted to scream, but couldn't.

After this, my heart is wide open to others that suffer from this terrible disease and there is no doubt that it has changed me forever.

Well, at least outside this forum. :p

kinda
joking

DaneMcCloud 02-21-2013 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9421783)
So, full on Geno now?

Yes?

You know you are.

I think your six month old should now be nicknamed Geno.

And I'm glad shit worked out.

For you, your wife and Geno.

Her name is Gia, so it's close enough.

:D

KCrockaholic 02-21-2013 02:18 AM

Had to take your old ass off ignore for this dammit.

Glad to hear douchebag Dane might be back to normal soon.

And glad to hear your wife is cancer free in the end.

rtmike 02-21-2013 02:22 AM

That ****ing sucks/ed.

I can only hope & pray that shitty disease stays away. I can totally understand how that would eat someone alive by keeping it quiet. No one should have to go through that & I'm sorry you & your family had to.

My wife works in the breast care center. She's learned not to become too attached to patients which is unfortunate. :(

Direckshun 02-21-2013 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9421784)
After this, my heart is wide open to others that suffer from this terrible disease and there is no doubt that it has changed me forever.

Being near to somebody with potentially terminal diseases changes everything, I completely agree.

I've been near a relative as Alzheimers shredded her brain. It's something that takes years to gradually erode her personality, and the emotional strength you invest just to keep your heart above water... god. I know it's a bit different because it's a mental degrading instead of a physical death, but it sure feels like death.

It's really hard to explain to somebody who's never clutched somebody's hand in a hospital bed.

You realize that you're in the final chapter. It started before you were ready. You thought you were in the middle of the arc, but it turns out that curve has been pointing much farther than you knew. Everything changes.

Thank god your family will remain whole, that's all I'll say. I hope she feels like she got a second lease on life, and that the rest of her life is a gift.

rico 02-21-2013 02:23 AM

Best of wishes for your family's future. I hope she remains cancer-free!

Ming the Merciless 02-21-2013 02:37 AM

I feel your pain.....ive got a young one too and cant imagine what you were going through. Ive just recently lost my dad and have another very close relative fighting for her life against lymphoma. Prayers going your way and so happy its gone.

007 02-21-2013 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9421784)
It was awful.

As you know, we announced on Facebook weeks after the diagnosis and just before surgery.

Suffice to say, it was extremely difficult for me. We didn't tell our oldest, didn't tell any family and had to keep it inside. After my wife would go to sleep, I'd just seek seclusion. I wanted to scream, but couldn't.

Well, at least outside this forum. :p

kinda
joking

LMAO

HOpe I never have to deal with it but I'm calling you if I do.

Tribal Warfare 02-21-2013 02:48 AM

Excellent news man, I know all too well how it feels when family members are dealing with cancer and then lost the battle.