ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Kentucky Fried Chicken (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271621)

gblowfish 04-01-2013 12:55 PM

Chicken.....is.......MY LIFE!!!!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nttXA8jYwmU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr. Flopnuts 04-01-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crispystl420 (Post 9544371)
Here's the deal I've worked in the food service industry my entire life and i've had some of the best food out there. With that being said I still looove some cheap foods. For instance one of my VERY favorite things to eat is a sausage egg and cheese croissant from BK. I rank that right up there with filet mignon. And yes I know I know I'm just saying it's personal preference and i love that shit.

****in' A, bro. Those are ****ing awesome. #cheesepaper

R8RFAN 04-01-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghak99 (Post 9546111)
I thought to myself, "I don't remember them ever having rolls".

Now I know why. LMAO

They kept them in a huge freezer at the distribution center... Back in the day every manager would deliver dry goods to the local KFC's here, one guy owened about 6 or 7 but sometimes I would get to go help deliver those frozen rolls and the truck did not have air conditioning so we put several cases of those frozen rolls in the front seat and you had instant air conditioning...

This is true and no April fools day BS

These were dinner rolls one layer in a plastic bag kinda like the onces you get in the grocery, when you got a 3 piece meal or anything they would put a couple rolls in there too

Just Passin' By 04-01-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9546241)
They kept them in a huge freezer at the distribution center... Back in the day every manager would deliver dry goods to the local KFC's here, one guy owened about 6 or 7 but sometimes I would get to go help deliver those frozen rolls and the truck did not have air conditioning so we put several cases of those frozen rolls in the front seat and you had instant air conditioning...

This is true and no April fools day BS

To my memory, the rolls were much better with the gravy than are the biscuits.

R8RFAN 04-01-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 9546253)
To my memory, the rolls were much better with the gravy than are the biscuits.

Yup, their biscuits are not that good to me but here in NC we have such good biscuits most places anyway that it's hard for a national chain to compete

tooge 04-01-2013 02:01 PM

I've probably eaten at KFC three times in the last five years. Greasy as hell, overpriced, and the sides are better at the grocery store deli.

R8RFAN 04-01-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9546350)
I've probably eaten at KFC three times in the last five years. Greasy as hell, overpriced, and the sides are better at the grocery store deli.

You don't get the quality at KFC anymore but at one time, there was not a better tasting piece of fried chicken on the planet unless grandma made it...

When I was a kid and worked there the chicken was huge pieces and we had customers just come in and get a chicken snack box with one center breast and a roll for lunch.

The chickens now are so small it is actually comical... Whole chicken prices have went up but KFC gets a helluva deal on whole cut up chickens.

tooge 04-01-2013 02:12 PM

I still do FF fried chicken parts once in a while. I'll hit up Go Chicken Go for some gizzards, hotsause, a few butter soaked rolls, and a couple of wings after a round of golf.

Omaha 04-01-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknrolla (Post 9543565)
Can't beat the $1.99 chicken fried steak dinner on Wednesdays.
Posted via Mobile Device

Um. Yes, you can.

R8RFAN 04-01-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9546389)
I still do FF fried chicken parts once in a while. I'll hit up Go Chicken Go for some gizzards, hotsause, a few butter soaked rolls, and a couple of wings after a round of golf.

Fried Gizzards are the damn bomb

Backwards Masking 04-01-2013 03:53 PM

It's pretty bad when you have to pay $11 just to feel full at a FF joint. As has been mentioned already in the thread, any grocery store copycat has far better prices and quality, hands down.

Amnorix 04-01-2013 03:58 PM

We do KFC from time to time. My youngest son LOVES the place, so he's always rooting for it. The rest of us don't mind it, but a couple of KFCs near us are also Taco Bells, so people can get whichever they prefer.

Most of my family is a big fan of the mashed potatoes. Well, it's really the gravy that we like.

Personally, I'd be just as happy to never eat any fast food again. I'm sick of the stuff.

This sums up how I feel about all of it, not just McD's.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/i...U9StCDz8ECq63w

R8RFAN 04-01-2013 04:00 PM

Holly Farms used to have chicken restaurants here and pressure cooked chicken ... They also had Holly Taters.. These taters were sliced in long wedges, breaded and then fried in the pressure cooker.. They were the best damn taters ever

R8RFAN 04-01-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 9546832)
We do KFC from time to time. My youngest son LOVES the place, so he's always rooting for it. The rest of us don't mind it, but a couple of KFCs near us are also Taco Bells, so people can get whichever they prefer.

Most of my family is a big fan of the mashed potatoes. Well, it's really the gravy that we like.

Personally, I'd be just as happy to never eat any fast food again. I'm sick of the stuff.

This sums up how I feel about all of it, not just McD's.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/i...U9StCDz8ECq63w

It was rumored back in the day that Col Sanders was more concerned with the gravy being perfect than the chicken

gblowfish 04-01-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9546840)
Holly Farms used to have chicken restaurants here and pressure cooked chicken ... They also had Holly Taters.. These taters were sliced in long wedges, breaded and then fried in the pressure cooker.. They were the best damn taters ever

We used to have a "Broasted Chicken" shack on Blue Ridge Cutoff in Raytown years ago that served great chicken and broasted potatoes like you describe. Yummy.

I still like Stroud's the best in KC, but its expensive, and you have to be near a Stroud's location to get it, either in Fairway, KS or north of the river.