ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2013 Kansas City Royals Repository Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267564)

Strongside 12-11-2012 03:40 PM

It makes me feel so much better about this trade knowing that we stole him while the Tigers were trying to get him. Seriously, **** those guys.

mr. tegu 12-11-2012 03:44 PM

The Tigers interest now makes it more clear why the reports came out that they didn't want the Royals to get him. That and the fact that they are scared of us! We got this!

KCUnited 12-11-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9200253)
It makes me feel so much better about this trade knowing that we stole him while the Tigers were trying to get him. Seriously, **** those guys.

We didn't steal shit.

Prison Bitch 12-11-2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenidol (Post 9200188)
Avisail Garcia was the top guy they offered among others.

So he's their #2 prospect and not in any top-30 lists I can find. I don't see what's so impressive about him. He was their #10 guy last year. And what else goes with him? Would have to be Castellanos + Avasail and who needs a 3B in Tampa?

baseballamerica.com/today/prospects/rankings/organization-top-10-prospects/2013/2614333.html

Hootie 12-11-2012 04:16 PM

I tell you what...

If we managed to somehow trade a few more prospects (at this point, we're all in) to land Dickey...sign me up.

duncan_idaho 12-11-2012 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9200359)
I tell you what...

If we managed to somehow trade a few more prospects (at this point, we're all in) to land Dickey...sign me up.

Yeah, that would be an incredible coup.

Not sure what the Mets are looking for in return, but MLB ready bat is the main indication I've seen.

If that's the case, KC doesn't really match up. If they're willing to take guys that are lower in the system/farther away, then you might be able to talk.

Texas is in the mix, reportedly, for Dickey. Or at least kicking the tires. If they're willing to move Mike Olt, KC is in the same situation the Tigers were on Shields. Just not able to match...

siberian khatru 12-11-2012 04:29 PM

I'm not averse to trading a bullpen arm for a RF

duncan_idaho 12-11-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9200177)
I was thinking of J.P. Ricciardi.

I always have a hard time keep him and De Podesta straight. Not sure why.

Brainfart moment.

mr. tegu 12-11-2012 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9200404)
I'm not averse to trading a bullpen arm for a RF

I would hate to see anyone leave our pen. It is so good and with an improved rotation in front of them they could be unhittable. Surely we have a few players in the minors that could net us a serviceable RF.

siberian khatru 12-11-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9200413)
I would hate to see anyone leave our pen. It is so good and with an improved rotation in front of them they could be unhittable. Surely we have a few players in the minors that could net us a serviceable RF.

I'm fine with that. It's just that a team might want more immediate help. If we could get a decent RF only for a bullpen arm, I'd rather deal from strength to shore up a big weakness. I wonder what Crow might bring.

mr. tegu 12-11-2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9200424)
I'm fine with that. It's just that a team might want more immediate help. If we could get a decent RF only for a bullpen arm, I'd rather deal from strength to shore up a big weakness. I wonder what Crow might bring.

He would probably bring the most since other teams will still feel he can be made into a starter. And actually, of all the guys, he is the one I least trust.

Fansy the Famous Bard 12-11-2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9200424)

I would rather see a guy like Cody Ross on a 1-year deal in RF than Frenchy.

CoMoChief 12-11-2012 04:47 PM

Crow needs to be a 7th-8th inning set up man

Hootie 12-11-2012 04:49 PM

Yeah I don't think we can afford to give away any of our MLB bats.

I really like our core of Cain, Gordon, Moustakas, Escobar, Hosmer, Perez and Butler. There are far worse lineups than that...in fact, if a few of those guys take a marginal step or two, that might even be considered an elite lineup.

We'd have an elite lineup, with an elite bullpen, and a decent rotation. Give us a couple of bounces and I don't see why we can't compete for the division.

Hootie 12-11-2012 04:50 PM

even with Frenchy and whoever plays 2nd batting 8th and 9th (though I'm sure Frenchy will hit 6th or 7th for some reason.