ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones *Spoiler* Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257986)

The Franchise 10-30-2014 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 11071270)
She's going to open a shoe store in your ass after the Red Wedding.

Dude....she hasn't even been hit yet with the Ned death. She's in for a rude awakening because she got pissed when they killed Lady.

The good thing about her watching this show? It gives me an excuse to watch it again from the beginning and pick up on stuff that I missed the first time.

Bowser 10-30-2014 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 11071279)
Dude....she hasn't even been hit yet with the Ned death. She's in for a rude awakening because she got pissed when they killed Lady.

The good thing about her watching this show? It gives me an excuse to watch it again from the beginning and pick up on stuff that I missed the first time.

Ha! You should tape her reaction for posterity. Post it here if you REALLY want to piss her off, lol.

I've considered doing just that. My wife has listened to all the books via Audible, but says she can't get into the show very much. Sucks, because she's watched through season 3 and says it's just "all right". I was wanting to do just what you're doing, still can but it's way more fun with someone that hasn't seen them. Crazy devil woman.

Amnorix 10-30-2014 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 11071279)

The Red Wedding wrecked my wife. I was very amused.

But I've never seen her bloodthirsty side until the Purple Wedding.

Bowser 10-30-2014 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 11071309)
The Red Wedding wrecked my wife. I was very amused.

But I've never seen her bloodthirsty side until the Purple Wedding.

"DIE YOU LITTLE EVIL BASTARD ****ER!!!"

LMAO

Amnorix 10-30-2014 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 11071311)
"DIE YOU LITTLE EVIL BASTARD ****ER!!!"

LMAO

Pretty much.

She was all :fire: :reaper: :evil:

and I was all :eek: :eek: ....... ROFL

Bowser 10-30-2014 11:31 AM

Reminds me of when I saw 300 in the theater. At the scene where Queen Gorgo shoves that blade through Theron in the senate meeting and gives the "I am not your queen..." dialogue, this little hottie a row up and down from us stands up and screams "YEAH! KILL THAT MOTHER****ER!!" The whole theater laughed at the buck fever that hottie was showing, lol.

keg in kc 10-30-2014 10:08 PM

Contracts have been reworked for a seventh season: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...-season-744314

Talk is still that the seventh season will be the last. And from what I've been reading that's in part because they're cutting out tons of book five stuff this year. We'll see when book 6 hits the shelves, but I'm wondering if, in the end, the final couple of seasons of the show will actually be in any way related to the eventual conclusion of the book series. Not that the TV series can't be a fine thing on its own.

DaneMcCloud 10-30-2014 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11072668)
Contracts have been reworked for a seventh season: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...-season-744314

Talk is still that the seventh season will be the last. And from what I've been reading that's in part because they're cutting out tons of book five stuff this year. We'll see when book 6 hits the shelves, but I'm wondering if, in the end, the final couple of seasons of the show will actually be in any way related to the eventual conclusion of the book series. Not that the TV series can't be a fine thing on its own.

FWIW, I was told recently that it was certain to go eight seasons. Maybe they've decided to tighten up the ending.

But one thing that shouldn't be a shock is that it's 50/50 that the series finishes before Martin's final book is published.

Chiefspants 10-30-2014 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11072681)
FWIW, I was told recently that it was certain to go eight seasons. Maybe they've decided to tighten up the ending.

But one thing that shouldn't be a shock is that it's 50/50 that the series finishes before Martin's final book is published.

I think it's a lot higher than 50/50 at this point. Martin has a five year gap between his last three novels, and his publisher just confirmed that Winds of Winter will not be released in 2015 (and recently speculated a 2017 release).

If he publishes WoW in 2016 (by Season 6), that will mean he will have two years (a shorter gap than he's ever managed before) to publish ADOS if HBO decides to go eight seasons.

I'm sorry, I just don't see it.

BigRedChief 10-30-2014 10:39 PM

Quote:

I just don't see the book 5 material being worth a whole season. Especially when they cut out Stoneheart for some reason last year.

DaneMcCloud 10-30-2014 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 11072699)
I think it's a lot higher than 50/50 at this point. Martin has a five year gap between his last three novels, and his publisher just confirmed that Winds of Winter will not be released in 2015 (and recently speculated a 2017 release).

If he publishes WoW in 2016 (by Season 6), that will mean he will have two years (a shorter gap than he's ever managed before) to publish ADOS if HBO decides to go eight season.

I'm sorry, I just don't see it.

I agree but I was just relaying what I was told :)

BigRedChief 10-30-2014 10:40 PM

Quote:

I could see that happening and then they make the last book into a movie or trilogy.

Chiefspants 10-30-2014 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 11072709)
I could see that happening and then they make the last book into a movie or trilogy.

HBO has already (subtly) implied that it's not in their interests for this to happen. At least at this point, they plan to have Game of Thrones told from beginning to end (even if it's their own) on their network.

keg in kc 10-30-2014 11:30 PM

There's no way the book series is finished before the tv series finishes, whether it's 7 seasons or 8.

And yes, they've been talking about 8 seasons as a possibility for a long time, but there was no news today on that front. Maybe it's something that's still being discussed, maybe it's not. The 8th season may still be too far off to even discuss, with 6 seasons being HBO's current commitment, and today's contract info being the first official talk that I'm aware of about the 7th.

Not that I think the show will ever struggle for ratings. But if it does...it'll start this year.

DaneMcCloud 10-30-2014 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 11072711)
HBO has already (subtly) implied that it's not in their interests for this to happen. At least at this point, they plan to have Game of Thrones told from beginning to end (even if it's their own) on their network.

It's the most pirated program in the history of HBO (and maybe, ever). Their new standalone service will be a game changer but only if they continue to develop and produce programs like GOT.