ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones *Spoiler* Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257986)

BigRichard 10-02-2014 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 10969294)
I'll spoil it right now. Jon is Azor Ahai.

I believe this to be true. His dream of him on the wall fighting the wits he has a burning blade which is the light bringer sword I am guessing. Jon is AA and will be reborn as such.

lawrenceRaider 10-02-2014 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10946737)
If you like to read and enjoy Martin's style, those are three guys you should check out. (They've all been mentioned in the book thread).

Abercrombie or Lawrence would be your easiest reads. Eriksen is a hell of a lot of work... you have to REALLY enjoy reading to enjoy reading that series (but I think it's worth).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 10946752)
Have loved to read since age 8, thanks for the tip, I'll look for Eriksen in particular next time I hit the library.

Erikson drops you in the deep end with his first book, but if you make it through the first 100 pages, you'll be hooked. Love Abercrombie's stuff, much easier read, but great.

MagicHef 10-02-2014 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 10969294)
I'll spoil it right now. Jon is Azor Ahai.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 10970833)
I believe this to be true. His dream of him on the wall fighting the wits he has a burning blade which is the light bringer sword I am guessing. Jon is AA and will be reborn as such.

He certainly could be, but the prophecies are set up in a way that there are a huge number of people that could be AAR, if such a person even exists.

For example, AA tempered Lightbringer 3 times- in water, in a captured lion's heart, and in the heart of the woman he loved more deeply than anything.

Who has captured a lion?

Who loves a woman more deeply than anything?

The answer, of course, is Jorah. Does this mean he's AAR? Probably not, but Jon is not the only person with clues pointing to him. There are also clues that AAR is Dany (obviously), Jaime, and even Ramsey.

keg in kc 10-02-2014 05:28 PM

I'd probably recommend going with Abercrombie over Erikson. He's much more accessible as a writer and he does some really interesting cross-genre stuff (i.e. one of his books is basically a western in a fantasy setting). Everything he's written to date has been fantastic (well, I haven't read his latest stuff, a young adult series, but word is that it's good too). Erikson is also good, I'm not in any way saying not to read it, but I think Abercrombie would both have a wider appeal and probably be closer in spirit to GRRMs work.

If you have time for both I'd say read both...

BigRichard 10-02-2014 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 10971143)
He certainly could be, but the prophecies are set up in a way that there are a huge number of people that could be AAR, if such a person even exists.

For example, AA tempered Lightbringer 3 times- in water, in a captured lion's heart, and in the heart of the woman he loved more deeply than anything.

Who has captured a lion?

The answer, of course, is Jorah. Does this mean he's AAR? Probably not, but Jon is not the only person with clues pointing to him. There are also clues that AAR is Dany (obviously), Jaime, and even Ramsey.

I wish Mr. Martin would just hurry his ass up and write the next book so we can stop speculating on a lot of this stuff. Damn him! :cuss: :D

SAUTO 10-02-2014 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 10971143)

Who has captured a lion?

Some think the hound is aar

MagicHef 10-02-2014 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 10971565)
Some think the hound is aar

He certainly gets reborn.

Or... could it be Gregor? The Martells have a red sun for their sigil, and Oberyn certainly bleeds all over him... then he gets "reborn".

Setsuna 10-03-2014 12:40 AM

I don't think the prophecy will be EXACTLY the same. Like I don't think anyone has to go through the exact same thing the previous one did by sacrificing his Nissa Nissa. I think the born amidst salt and smoke is enough. And yeah the dream he had was pretty telling along with Melisandre seeing him when she asks Rhollr to show her Azor Ahai.

vailpass 10-03-2014 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 10974840)
I don't think the prophecy will be EXACTLY the same. Like I don't think anyone has to go through the exact same thing the previous one did by sacrificing his Nissa Nissa. I think the born amidst salt and smoke is enough. And yeah the dream he had was pretty telling along with Melisandre seeing him when she asks Rhollr to show her Azor Ahai.

Salt and smoke? What are you, a ham?

Bowser 10-03-2014 06:25 PM

So for some reason I actually believed "Winds of Winter" was coming out this October. Never bothered to fact check or anything, just naively believed it to be true. It's kind of on level when you wake up thinking it's Friday for like 2.5 seconds, only to realize that it's still Thursday.

mdchiefsfan 10-03-2014 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10976492)
So for some reason I actually believed "Winds of Winter" was coming out this October. Never bothered to fact check or anything, just naively believed it to be true. It's kind of on level when you wake up thinking it's Friday for like 2.5 seconds, only to realize that it's still Thursday.

LMAO that's brutal

Setsuna 10-03-2014 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 10975740)
Salt and smoke? What are you, a ham?

Do you even read bro?

vailpass 10-04-2014 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 10978504)
Do you even read bro?

Do you even watch the show bro?

ShowtimeSBMVP 10-06-2014 01:36 PM

HBO reportedly paid a hefty price to film 'Game of Thrones' Lena Headey nude scene

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...ntcmp=features

ModSocks 10-06-2014 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 10988924)
HBO reportedly paid a hefty price to film 'Game of Thrones' Lena Headey nude scene

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...ntcmp=features

Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap