ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ****OFFICIAL 2013 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272221)

-King- 04-22-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9615883)
You haven't paid much attention to this matchup I would guess then. The Clippers just matchup well against Memphis for whatever reason. I think it's the one matchup where they miss Rudy Gay. They are good enough inside to neutralize the big men, and their perimeter play is substantially better.

...they're still one of the softest teams in the league.

okcchief 04-22-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9615860)
Memphis should win the two at home. This one is going at least 6 or 7.

I would agree with that. I think LA wins the series though.

Strangely enough I'm rooting for Memphis. I think OKC matches up better against LA, but I just like Memphis better.

I hope I'm wrong, and the Grizz comeback tonight. The Bigs need to step up!

okcchief 04-22-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9615902)
...they're still one of the softest teams in the league.

Not arguing, but they best Memphis last year, and beat them in the season series this year. They just seem to have their number.

KevB 04-22-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9615844)
I really didn't expect this. I thought Memphis would win pretty easily this series. Thought Clippers were too soft to match up.

Clips have won 8 of last 12 against the Griz. Zach isn't what he was 2 years ago. Gasol is a stud on both ends, but that's not enough. Paul plays Conley really physical, and it really takes him out of his game. Then Memphis' bench is mediocre, and Crawford tends to get loose with only Bayless typically guarding him. As Okc said, it's a bad matchup for Memphis. Honestly, it might be the worst matchup in the league for them.

okcchief 04-22-2013 10:16 PM

It still amazes me that someone who plays basketball for a living can't shoot 40% from the line.

KevB 04-22-2013 10:16 PM

Oh, and Lionel Hollins has done a wonderful job completely getting into Ed Davis' head. He'd really improved as a Raptor. He comes to Memphis, Hollins denigrates the trade publicly, refuses to play Davis and now he's playing like a rookie.

KevB 04-22-2013 10:17 PM

How many times will Memphis' perimeter players leak out on the defensive glass while Jordan bats the ball out from behind with the Clips getting to the loose ball? So damn frustrating.

KevB 04-22-2013 10:19 PM

That ankle has been giving Zach trouble, not going to help the cause.

KC_Connection 04-22-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9615903)
I would agree with that. I think LA wins the series though.

Strangely enough I'm rooting for Memphis. I think OKC matches up better against LA, but I just like Memphis better.

I hope I'm wrong, and the Grizz comeback tonight. The Bigs need to step up!

Had LAC in 7 at beginning of thread. Haven't seen anything that would lead me to change my mind yet. Clippers are just a better team, but the games are going to be played a little differently in Memphis I expect.

KC_Connection 04-22-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9615917)
Oh, and Lionel Hollins has done a wonderful job completely getting into Ed Davis' head. He'd really improved as a Raptor. He comes to Memphis, Hollins denigrates the trade publicly, refuses to play Davis and now he's playing like a rookie.

Ed Davis was very good for us this year. What an awful trade that was. Too bad to hear they've destroyed his development as well.

KC_Connection 04-22-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9615915)
It still amazes me that someone who plays basketball for a living can't shoot 40% from the line.

Turiaf? Yeah, that's hilarious. Considering he used to be able to shoot 70.

okcchief 04-22-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9615936)
Turiaf? Yeah, that's hilarious. Considering he used to be able to shoot 70.

I was referring to DeAndre Jordan. He was shooting like 38% the last time I looked. Actually, the Clippers team is pretty bad all around though.

KC_Connection 04-22-2013 10:27 PM

No call on the Gasol hack. Then a double foul is called. LMAO

KC_Connection 04-22-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9615944)
I was referring to DeAndre Jordan. He was shooting like 38% the last time I looked. Actually, the Clippers team is pretty bad all around though.

Yeah he's terrible at it too. Always has been.

KevB 04-22-2013 10:28 PM

Zach had the position