ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Can an NBA team be too white? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266023)

RealSNR 11-01-2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9072064)
I dont get the context of this...what does the N stand for?

Something tells me Calcountry won't explain his joke if asked to

vailpass 11-01-2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9072064)
I dont get the context of this...what does the N stand for?

You know exactly what it stands for.

Nubian

L.A. Chieffan 11-01-2012 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calcountry (Post 9071910)
Really? This is the N B A we are talking about.

:facepalm:

Mr. Laz 11-01-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durtyrute (Post 9071958)
Out of all of the jokes about black people and all of the racism geared towards black people it's funny to see some in here get upset about this.

Black people are probably the most racism group in the U.S.

imo Japanese lead the world in racism but Blacks hate whites,puerto ricans,gays,jewish. Hell they even hate light vs dark skin african americans.
Come to think about it i'm not sure they don't hate just about anyone that's not black.

Sort of ironic that every other second african american cry racism about just about anything when they are racist as hell.

KCrockaholic 11-01-2012 05:29 PM

This is ****ing stupid. Ignorant stupid shit. People that seriously look at this as a problem need to ****in die.

And if someone said a hockey team was too black, all hell would break loose.

Deberg_1990 11-01-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 9072420)
Black people are probably the most racism group in the U.S.

imo Japanese lead the world in racism but Blacks hate whites,puerto ricans,gays,jewish. Hell they even hate light vs dark skin african americans.
Come to think about it i'm not sure they don't hate just about anyone that's not black.

Sort of ironic that every other second african american cry racism about just about anything when they are racist as hell.

Love how you just label all blacks as the most racist. Not all blacks worship at the altar of Al and Jesse, regardless of what the media wants you to believe.

Easy 6 11-01-2012 05:50 PM

I doubt even sharpton is ridiculous enough to back these two "leaders" views.

Valiant 11-01-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9072066)
I saw some article a couple of years ago that I thought was really interesting.

It mentioned the NBA as an example of cultural bias, and linked it to lower school test scores among minorities.

There are a fair number of white NBA players, but the vast majority are non-American. At the time of the article, I think it said there was only one white American in the league (or one white American starter, something like that). However, there were a fair number of foreign white people.

The article made the comment that white Americans are culturally infused with the notion that blacks are better at basketball, so they give up easily and don't have the persistence to succeed at an elite level, because they feel that they have an inherent disadvantage. White foreigners don't have the same issue, so they soldier on and do just fine.

The article then said something like, "Do you see the parallel between this and lower standardized test scores for blacks and Hispanics?"

I thought it was an interesting observation in how people internalize societal expectations.

That is interesting.. We were talking about it today at the gym playing bball.. About kids growing up from the 80s to 90s thinking black people are better athletes in bball/fball because of color.. Everyone agreed, even the black guys that a lot of people are that way..

It is slowly chipping away..

Psyko Tek 11-01-2012 08:13 PM

can anybody give a **** about the NBA until February?

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-20-2012 08:48 PM

14-11 Just beat the Thunder

RealSNR 12-20-2012 08:58 PM

Just barely beat the Thunder when Kevin Martin wasn't playing. Reggie Jackson was good as his replacement.... not.

I'll take it, but this white team needs to learn how to play smarter basketball. When we're 100% healthy we'll see if anything changes, but so far I doubt it.

I'm predicting playoffs as a 6/7/8 seed for Minnesota like I did at the beginning of the season. This is going to be one of those "Maybe next year" kind of seasons to see if they can improve to really swing the vanilla penis around in the western conference.

okcchief 12-20-2012 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9228573)
Just barely beat the Thunder when Kevin Martin wasn't playing. Reggie Jackson was good as his replacement.... not.

I'll take it, but this white team needs to learn how to play smarter basketball. When we're 100% healthy we'll see if anything changes, but so far I doubt it.

I'm predicting playoffs as a 6/7/8 seed for Minnesota like I did at the beginning of the season. This is going to be one of those "Maybe next year" kind of seasons to see if they can improve to really swing the vanilla penis around in the western conference.

You'll have your vanilla and chocolate Peni. Your ying and yang.